October 30, 2014 | 1314 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Moisturecover

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by dootdootdoot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best under-eye concealer. Very moisturizing, doesn't settle into lines or flake. It works more as a brightener (light reflects off of the dewy texture) rather than a heavy duty concealer. The coverage is quite low- I can't see myself using it for blemishes. Great for when you want to look rested and natural, rather than too done and made up.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by EboniBrandon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I like this. Used it faithfully until I discovered the LA Girl Pro HD Concealer. It does the job and provides decent coverage (light to medium) and doesnt crease. It is isnt heavy and easy to blend. This is not for major blemish coverage, hyper pigmentation or serious redness.

To me a great concealer is one I can apply and skip foundation on good skin days. This fits the bill. The deal breaker for me is the price in comparison to the amount of product. I get better coverage at a better price and a better color match with the LA Girl.

Packaging... Mehhh... Nothing to write home about. Tube with doe foot wand. Hard to get the last bit of product out and that is an issue I have with ALL doe foot products. I want EVERYTHING I pay for! Lol. Only pro with doe foot products is that application is a breeze in terms of placement on the face.

Exact color matches for me are NC45 in MaC and Fawn in LA Girl. Would I repurchase? Again MUA, a 'MAYBE' is needed but I lean more toward yes since I have no choice. It is a nice product, does what I need it to do, particularly as a highlighter and under the eyes.

Update: I'm saying a firm yes on the repurchase for this. I break out less as I get older and my skin is far more predictable. I work on television and even under the harsh lights I look totally flawless with this concealer and my Studio Fix Powder Foundation only. No need to apply full makeup anymore except for special occasions. I really love this product, the speedy application, light weight feel and how it makes me look. I recently ran out and I totally miss it as part of my routine.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by stevie84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer is ok, it just about covers dark circles & blemishes however it doesnt sink into the skin very well leaving visible creases under the eye area if not blended well enough. Next time I will purchase the Pro Longwear if I choose another MAC concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2014 8:25:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont like this concealer. I bought it when i got my foundation and powder and it only half does its job in my opinion its not amazing and nothing maybeline fit me concealer cant do at a much cheaper price. The formula is creamy i apply with a brush and buff it to blend and doesnt dry my skin but the staying powder is not good even when set with powder and tends to cake around blemishes which makes them look worse and defeats the whole idea of wearing concealer. I think ill buy nars or origins concealer next

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by lindseyjo

Bought this product actually by accident one day when I was intending to buy the mineralized concealer. I decided to keep it to try it out. I thought it might work for me because i have dry skin, but boy was i wrong. After an hour of having this on my face was oily (it never gets oily!) and it looked like a had never put any concealer on at all! I love the pro longwear but my only problem with that is that it is a bit drying, but this was not a happy medium. It's safe to say i will be returning this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Hvabercrombie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I only use this product because it's sitting in my drawer- the staying power isn't great, it doesn't provide much coverage & tends to crease/look cakey if I'm not careful. I much prefer the pro longwear concealer to this one and you use half of the amount of product

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by meumar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this concealer regularly in the shade NC35 for over a year now - I like it, but not enough to purchase again when it runs out. NC35 is a good shade to cover and brighten my undereye area and around the nose - my actual skintone is slightly darker.

Ultimately what I like best about this concealer is the finish and texture - it dries to kind of an emollient, yet satin finish and it has a slightly smoothing effect. The texture is also silky smooth and it doesn't dehydrate my dry skin, nor does it crease or settle into fine lines, though I do set this concealer with powder.

The only issue I have with the concealer is the lack of pigmentation - I would say the coverage is just sufficient for me, but I'd prefer something more highly pigmented.

If you have dark undereye circles, I don't think you would like this, but if you just want to brighten up your undereye are and you have dry skin, then this is worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by HIYELLOW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am new to using concealer because after turning 40 the darkness under the eyes is becoming noticeable. I keep my face and skin "oiled" with coconut oil and castor oil and hemp seed oil at home so I don't have many lines.

After using Signature Club A Anchorwoman Blue Concealer (DON'T LAUGH) I went to MAC and got color matched with NC 20 since I saw so many ladies without circles but whose under eyes were not white looking. I wear NC 30 powder but NC 30 in this is too dark and golden brown. The NW 20 is peachy and pink and did not mach my yellow-brown skin. NC is very yellow. This formula is light, liquid-y and somewhat greasy which I like. I pat it on with my fourth finger. It is not opaque so darker circles will not be completely concealed. I am happy with this and will try the Moisture Cover next for opacity. I tried to layer this and it began to look patchy and cakey. I definitely prefer this over Ben Nye and I am careful not to add too much powder over the top to avoid caking.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by ramen91

Ran out of concealer and walked into MAC and got duped into paying for this rubbish. In my opinion, this concealer conceals my under eye circle but it settles into the line under my eyes BIG time. I look horrible after an hour of applying. Geez, this has to be the worst concealer ever use and also the most expensive one.

Will be looking for another concealer real soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by links83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not terrible, but not great. I found this concealer to be a bit greasy actually. I used the MAC Select Cover Up for years and then decided to try something new when this was released, and I really wasn't impressed. I mean, I get that some people are more dry--which I am by the way--I have extremely dry skin...but a concealer still has to have staying power and this was too greasy to stay put even for an hour. It settled into fine lines, which in my opinion is an epic fail for a concealer. I will say that after trying this, I realized that the Select Cover Up was somewhat drying, and the squeeze tube was wasteful, so I did appreciate the applicator on this one and if it was slightly less moisturizing, it could have been a win. Unfortunately it just didn't do it for me.