July 31, 2014 | 1962 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Moisturecover

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by lindseyjo

Bought this product actually by accident one day when I was intending to buy the mineralized concealer. I decided to keep it to try it out. I thought it might work for me because i have dry skin, but boy was i wrong. After an hour of having this on my face was oily (it never gets oily!) and it looked like a had never put any concealer on at all! I love the pro longwear but my only problem with that is that it is a bit drying, but this was not a happy medium. It's safe to say i will be returning this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Hvabercrombie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I only use this product because it's sitting in my drawer- the staying power isn't great, it doesn't provide much coverage & tends to crease/look cakey if I'm not careful. I much prefer the pro longwear concealer to this one and you use half of the amount of product

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by meumar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this concealer regularly in the shade NC35 for over a year now - I like it, but not enough to purchase again when it runs out. NC35 is a good shade to cover and brighten my undereye area and around the nose - my actual skintone is slightly darker.

Ultimately what I like best about this concealer is the finish and texture - it dries to kind of an emollient, yet satin finish and it has a slightly smoothing effect. The texture is also silky smooth and it doesn't dehydrate my dry skin, nor does it crease or settle into fine lines, though I do set this concealer with powder.

The only issue I have with the concealer is the lack of pigmentation - I would say the coverage is just sufficient for me, but I'd prefer something more highly pigmented.

If you have dark undereye circles, I don't think you would like this, but if you just want to brighten up your undereye are and you have dry skin, then this is worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by HIYELLOW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am new to using concealer because after turning 40 the darkness under the eyes is becoming noticeable. I keep my face and skin "oiled" with coconut oil and castor oil and hemp seed oil at home so I don't have many lines.

After using Signature Club A Anchorwoman Blue Concealer (DON'T LAUGH) I went to MAC and got color matched with NC 20 since I saw so many ladies without circles but whose under eyes were not white looking. I wear NC 30 powder but NC 30 in this is too dark and golden brown. The NW 20 is peachy and pink and did not mach my yellow-brown skin. NC is very yellow. This formula is light, liquid-y and somewhat greasy which I like. I pat it on with my fourth finger. It is not opaque so darker circles will not be completely concealed. I am happy with this and will try the Moisture Cover next for opacity. I tried to layer this and it began to look patchy and cakey. I definitely prefer this over Ben Nye and I am careful not to add too much powder over the top to avoid caking.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by ramen91

Ran out of concealer and walked into MAC and got duped into paying for this rubbish. In my opinion, this concealer conceals my under eye circle but it settles into the line under my eyes BIG time. I look horrible after an hour of applying. Geez, this has to be the worst concealer ever use and also the most expensive one.

Will be looking for another concealer real soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by links83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not terrible, but not great. I found this concealer to be a bit greasy actually. I used the MAC Select Cover Up for years and then decided to try something new when this was released, and I really wasn't impressed. I mean, I get that some people are more dry--which I am by the way--I have extremely dry skin...but a concealer still has to have staying power and this was too greasy to stay put even for an hour. It settled into fine lines, which in my opinion is an epic fail for a concealer. I will say that after trying this, I realized that the Select Cover Up was somewhat drying, and the squeeze tube was wasteful, so I did appreciate the applicator on this one and if it was slightly less moisturizing, it could have been a win. Unfortunately it just didn't do it for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by realitydust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was my first MAC face product purchase and I'm just now finishing it. This is not a high coverage concealer- barely medium in fact. That is not the point of course... having dry skin, I love that this did not emphasize my dry patches as so many concealers do. However... it settles into under eye lines big time. The longevity is also nothing to write home about... wouldn't last beyond a few hours unless I powdered, which in turn would take away any moisturizing effect.
So, I'm not sure who I would recommend this concealer to unless you're someone who doesn't have much to conceal in the first place.
Many drugstore concealers are equal if not superior quality in coverage and longevity.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

This is my first high end concealer purchase. I used miscellaneous drug store brands with minimal coverage before this, never really getting a flawless finish. I finally got frustrated enough to pay $18 for the 0.17 oz Select Moisturizer concealer in NW15. It is slightly lighter than my actual face coverage, which suits to brighten my under eyes. I tap the doe foot applicator under my eyes and on pimples. It is not heavy at all, but it gives me medium coverage. It looks natural and is very hydrating.

I don't really have wrinkles or dark circles. But I can say that the coverage on pimples or blemishes is better than most drugstore brands. It is not full coverage like some heavy duty paste high end concealers. It lasts for about 2-3 hrs without primer, 6-8 hrs with primer. If you set it, it will stay in place better. It looks really natural and has pink undertones (perfect for my skin tone).

I think that this is a good concealer, but not my favorite.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by lexielovesmakeup95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pretty good concealer. I have to REALLY pack it on and spend a lot of time with it for it to completely cover my undereye circles (my undereye circles are about as bad as it gets, it looks like I've been punched in the face), but I like it and so far it has worked almost the best (MUFE HD concealer might have been a little better) out of everything I've tried at covering my undereye circles without looking cakey. That's something I really like about this concealer, it doesn't look cakey. Its moisturizing and really good for the under eye area. But one thing I don't like about it is it does crease which sucks, but I haven't tried using it over a primer yet (i'll probs update this review when I have). This concealer is also pretty good at covering acne but not awesome.

So, I like this stuff but I don't love it. I'm on my second tube of this stuff but when i'm done with it I think I'm going to try something else, I still haven't found a really awesome HG concealer that I love.

But like keep in mind I'm kinda picky with concealers, I don't like them to look even a little bit cakey and my undereye circles need much more coverage than most people, so yeah. Oh and another thing this stuff doesn't work well as a primer. You can use some concealers as an eyeshadow primer too but not this one or your eyeshadow will crease after a few hours.

So anyways, this stuff is pretty good and the price actually isn't bad for a high-end concealer (a lot of high-end concealers are like $30 and this is somewhere around $18), but its not awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 7:36:00 AM More reviews by JohnnyMakeup

I love how it spreads so easily, stays on until I remove it, works excellent as eyeshadow primer. The only problem I have with it is the color range. I got NC assuming I need yellow to conceal blue circles, however that needs correcting in the end unless you want to look like a white panda. NW25 was white and not really noticeable, NW30 far too red - turning my blue circles purple lol.

One important thing I had noticed - although it never creased on me, my wrinkles increased over time to about a half an inch after using this product like spiderweb!