MAC Select Moisturecover

3.8

water (aqua purificata), purified, dimethicone, hydrogenated polyisobutene, cyclopentasiloxane, glycerin, zinc stearate, isononyl isononanoate, dimethicone crosspolymer, sorbitan isostearate, caprylyl dimethicone ethoxy glucoside, dimethicone/ vinyl, dimethicone crosspolymer, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) extract, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, tocopherol, ascoarbyl palmitate, squalane, hexylene glycol, sodium chloride, silica, potassium sorbate, sorbitol, hexadecane, triisostearin, glucose, fructose, dextrin, sucrose, phytosteryl isostearate, alanine, hydrogenated castor oil, hydrogenated palm glycerides, hydrogenated palm kernel glycerides, hydrogenated vegetable oil, aspartic acid, glutamic acid, urea, methylparaben, propylparaben [ may contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides ]

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this concealer a long time ago, maybe a year. At the time I was on the hunt for a high coverage concealer for under my eyes and I didn't really like this. I found it to be too sheer and a bit too blendable (it shifted around too much when I tried to blend it with my fingers).

About 2 months ago I did a spring cleaning and rediscovered this. I consider to have pretty bad dark circles (more blue/purple based) and was using quite thick and heavy concealers (mac studio finish, benefit erase paste/boiing). I tried this with the Real Techniques domed shadow brush to blend it out, and i love it! I have it in the shade NW15, so the pinky undertone kind of brightens and neutralizes the blueness (my skin tone is around NC15/NC20).

I also find the lasting power outstanding. It kind of sets on the skin and doesn't fade through out the day. I don't even need to powder. It does crease a bit though, so beware of that, even when you powder. But then again, which concealer doesn't crease? I just try to avoid to put it too close to my lower lash line. When it does crease, I just kind of wipe and blend it away with my finger, no problem.

This also layers really well without getting cakey.

on 3/4/2014 5:59:00 AM

i thought i just got the wrong shade. the coverage is like 3 stars.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great for under the eyes and anything else you want to cover. Blendable but not too light, very nice moisturizing properties, very natural finish. Looks great when worn alone and with foundation. Medium coverage.

This is a GREAT under eye concealer, and I also using it for highlighting. Too thin for concealing pimples/zits/etc but honestly we all know that no concealer is capable of hiding dark circles AND spots anyways. I would rebuy. I don't use it everyday, but I'm still happy with it.

on 1/21/2014 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is the best under-eye concealer. Very moisturizing, doesn't settle into lines or flake. It works more as a brightener (light reflects off of the dewy texture) rather than a heavy duty concealer. The coverage is quite low- I can't see myself using it for blemishes. Great for when you want to look rested and natural, rather than too done and made up.

on 1/18/2014 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I like this. Used it faithfully until I discovered the LA Girl Pro HD Concealer. It does the job and provides decent coverage (light to medium) and doesnt crease. It is isnt heavy and easy to blend. This is not for major blemish coverage, hyper pigmentation or serious redness.

To me a great concealer is one I can apply and skip foundation on good skin days. This fits the bill. The deal breaker for me is the price in comparison to the amount of product. I get better coverage at a better price and a better color match with the LA Girl.

Packaging... Mehhh... Nothing to write home about. Tube with doe foot wand. Hard to get the last bit of product out and that is an issue I have with ALL doe foot products. I want EVERYTHING I pay for! Lol. Only pro with doe foot products is that application is a breeze in terms of placement on the face.

Exact color matches for me are NC45 in MaC and Fawn in LA Girl. Would I repurchase? Again MUA, a 'MAYBE' is needed but I lean more toward yes since I have no choice. It is a nice product, does what I need it to do, particularly as a highlighter and under the eyes.

Update: I'm saying a firm yes on the repurchase for this. I break out less as I get older and my skin is far more predictable. I work on television and even under the harsh lights I look totally flawless with this concealer and my Studio Fix Powder Foundation only. No need to apply full makeup anymore except for special occasions. I really love this product, the speedy application, light weight feel and how it makes me look. I recently ran out and I totally miss it as part of my routine.

on 1/10/2014 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This concealer is ok, it just about covers dark circles & blemishes however it doesnt sink into the skin very well leaving visible creases under the eye area if not blended well enough. Next time I will purchase the Pro Longwear if I choose another MAC concealer

on 1/1/2014 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I dont like this concealer. I bought it when i got my foundation and powder and it only half does its job in my opinion its not amazing and nothing maybeline fit me concealer cant do at a much cheaper price. The formula is creamy i apply with a brush and buff it to blend and doesnt dry my skin but the staying powder is not good even when set with powder and tends to cake around blemishes which makes them look worse and defeats the whole idea of wearing concealer. I think ill buy nars or origins concealer next

on 12/29/2013 7:17:00 PM

Bought this product actually by accident one day when I was intending to buy the mineralized concealer. I decided to keep it to try it out. I thought it might work for me because i have dry skin, but boy was i wrong. After an hour of having this on my face was oily (it never gets oily!) and it looked like a had never put any concealer on at all! I love the pro longwear but my only problem with that is that it is a bit drying, but this was not a happy medium. It's safe to say i will be returning this product!

on 10/30/2013 10:15:00 PM

I only use this product because it's sitting in my drawer- the staying power isn't great, it doesn't provide much coverage & tends to crease/look cakey if I'm not careful. I much prefer the pro longwear concealer to this one and you use half of the amount of product

Top Rated MAC Products