December 22, 2014 | 972 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by brighteyes22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have this in Bronze. Just not impressed. Out it away and then try again, I'm just indifferent. Def not worth the money

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by caztheblonde

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love highlighters in general, so when a friend was wearing this one night and I had to ask what was making her skin glow so beautifully, I was keen to try it myself. She wore the Pink (which is now discontinued) so since we are heading towards summer I bought the Nectar. I'm so glad I did - it's gorgeous. Very subtle colour and sheen - if you use a small amount it is only noticeable under light/sunlight, but you can build it, and the different colour bands mean you can use it as a blusher and highlighter and build different colours on different areas of your face. I use a large brush and swirl it over my whole face, then use a smaller brush to give a highlighted blush effect to my cheekbones. A little dab on the inner corner of the eye and the top of the lids and you've got a warm sunkissed summer look. Lovely.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by misseevie

I have the Pink Quartz shimmer brick.

The formula is nice and smooth, and gives a pretty, smooth glow that isn't too sparkly. The packaging is also gorgeous, sleek and durable.

My only criticism is that when I swipe the whole brick with a blush brush to give a glow to my cheeks, the comination colour that comes out is very cool, with grey undertones. I specifically chose the Pink Quartz as it looked warmer toned, and I was expecting a dusty-rose-bronze, but the resulting colour for me is still very silvery in the light, when worn on my face. On closer examination it looks like all of the shades in the brick are made with a base of silvery/faun.

Unfortuntely this cool tone makes my cheeks look flat and greyish if I apply more than a tiny weeny bit. I have noticed the same with a friend that uses the Bronze shimmer brick - her cheeks look cool brownish grey. It's a pretty, smooth shine but not an ideal colour shade.

Individually, the strips of colour make nice metallic eyeshadows.

I'd be happy to buy this product again if I can find a warmer toned colour that doesn't have undertones of silver. If you are going to buy a shimmer brick, I'd recommend testing it out on your face (rather than hand or wrist) before buying it, and get a good look in the light to check you're happy with the colour it shines.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by E321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Versatile product

I've had a few different shades of this product, happy with them all! They can be used for a full on shimmer or a hint of shimmer, just depends what you like. I use a little over a pink blusher because they don't offer as much colour as you might think, by looking at the colours in the brick itself. Great for eyes too! I know is classed as a highlighter but I think it works better as a highlighter for people with cheekbones. Not me! So I just use on cheeks. Doesn't need much touch up, lasts about a year used every day

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by romhudson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love my shimmerbrick, it highlighta all the best features in my face, and discreetly too. I have used things like benefit - high beam but those ones feel too obvious too me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by sandrap0209

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product, it's very easy to apply and gives the skin this extra glowing without been glittery.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by funnyblossom

Before I bought this product, I never thought the day would come when I would actually toss a Bobbi Brown product into the bin - but I did this one! It is loud and shimmery and simply not classy. I guess I should accept that the product is called Shimmer Brick and delivers as expected.. my fault. I prefer a more discreet hightlight, such as NARS Nico or Shiseido luminizing face color in BE 206.. In all fairness, the Shimmer Brick came with a nice brush that I use all the time, so it wasn't a complete miss..

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by shycho

Medium Tan Asian, yellow undertones
Mac Foundation Shade NC35, C4
Combination Skin, oily at t-zone & dry at cheeks

I tend to use this more as an eyeshadow than a highlighter, as I do not like my highlights too strong and shimmery. I like the 'shine' look more. I love the way it makes my eyelids very shimmery and shiny, with a little sense of metallic build to it. However, I feel that it doesn't really stick onto the skin very well, needing some help of shadow primers. Also, it is very flaky and has a lot of fallout, so I tend to do my eye makeup before I do my foundation, whenever I am using this. I personally wouldn't purchase such a product from bobbi brown since I like to save money on makeup that's just used, washed out and gone after time, but I like using it as a present from a friend (:

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 4:54:00 AM More reviews by beardpapa

My mom got this for me in Pink Oyster (Asia exclusive). At first I was a bit unsure as to whether it would work on my skin because I am a medium tan (NC40) and dont have the oriental skintone to carry off such light colours. I have to say - it really does show !! I use it on my cheekbones with some bronzer below and it just sort of lifts my face and gives it an "ethereal" glow.

I would definitely buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

This is the perfect day time highlighter for me. It's very subtle and delivers just enough sheen to make my face glow. I have tried this product under candle light, couldn't see it at all. I would use benefit's high beam or nars' albatross if you want it to really stand out.