November 23, 2014 | 1939 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Estee Lauder - Take It Away [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't care for Estee Lauder's liquid remover because it irritates my eyes, and I wasn't in the mood for Lancome (which is also very good), and I was intrigued by this cream when I saw it on the sales counter. I'm so glad I purchased it. I love that it's a pump and a cream, because it's easy to control and doesn't get in my eyes. I just use a little bit and swipe. Sometimes I have to apply it twice, but I wear waterproof liner and mascara. It's so smooth and I never have to rub very hard. Just one or two gentle swipes is all it takes. Obviously some people find this cream irritates their eyes, which I think just represents that everyone is different and what doesn't bother one person might really irritate someone else. I definitely recommend it based on my experience, but don't be upset if it irritates your eyes and you have to return it. ($22.00 USD for 6.75 ounces.)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by spunkdd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this makeup remover! From the pump to the great smell that it leaves behind. With one pump on a cotton pad for each eye, it takes everything away without leaving residue behind like other makeup removers I have tried. The scent it leaves behind is crisp and fresh. I don't have to tug hard on my eyes to get rid of my makeup. Getting rid of the makeup on face was very simple. With a cotton pad again, about two pumps cleaned my face very well.

I would definitely purchase this again! There was a decent amount for the price I paid. (I got mine at a CCO) :]

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

The full name of this product is Take It Away Total Makeup Remover. It's a thin lotion that spreads easily over the face and rinses off. It was effective in removing my facial makeup. (I used Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover on a cotton pad to remove my eye makeup.)

I liked the ease of application, but the problem was that it dried out and irritated my very dry and sensitive skin. I used it last night, and today my skin itches.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by nancyfeldhaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It has a nice cucumber-fresh scent that when you apply it, it makes you feel clean, but unfortunately it irritated my skin so bad, especially the skin around my eyes, and somehow it got into one of my eyes, and that stuff can burn!!! At least I got my $22 back. It works as good as Biore's cleansing towels, which are a lot cheaper (but those irritate my skin as well). The search continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2009 9:05:00 AM More reviews by krystlejade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I searched high and low to find something to take off Covergirl Lash Blast Waterproof Mascara. I went to different makeup counters, and tried out some samples. Well I ended up liking the results of this product, because it wasnt oily.
PROS: It does take off my makeup in a clean sweep, great smell, and easy removal of product *I like pump bottles*
CONS: I feel if after two swipes on my eyelids, they tend to get a little irratated, if I get it into my eye it stings *of course I understand that this product has chemicals, which naturally is going to sting in my eye*, the product is really slippery, lol.
I dont think I will buy another bottle of this, I might just go with good ol' baby oil, I know its oil, but its easier on my eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 1:16:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

I've been using this product for years. I wear waterproof mascara and liner and sometimes long wearing lipstick, and this is the only remover I've ever used that takes it all off without being irritating. I also like that it's creamy and not an oil-based product like so many others. My method is to squirt it onto a tissue and gently rub on my eyes and then I rinse with water after. I mainly only use it on my eyes, so it lasts a long time. I'm not crazy about pump bottles in general, so this didn't get a 5 from me on packaging. I hate when it gets to the bottom and won't pump any more and I have to store the bottle upside down (not easy) and then take out the pumper and dig for the product in the bottle.
I will always use this. I buy 2 at a time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

This is definitely an HG makeup remover in my book! I have sensitive skin and lots of cosmetic allergies, and this is one product that has done what it's supposed to (remove makeup) without irritating my skin in any way. I have a hard time removing cream eyeshadows (ie. MAC Paint Pots) and foundation (MAC Studio Fix Fluid) from my fingers after application (yes, I use my fingers)... and this Take It Away by EL works like nothing else! This even removes waterproof eyeliner in a snap! I just squirt a small amount onto whatever it is that needs to be removed from my skin... rub it in gently... and voilą! Makeup gone! I also use this on my face at night to remove my makeup before I wash with facial cleanser. I squirt a little Take It Away on my fingers... rub it in a circular motion on my face, then on my eyelids... rinse... then wash again with facial cleanser just to make sure everything is gone. I will never be without this product, unless EL decides to stop making it...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 5:32:00 PM More reviews by oonaghst

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, what can I say about this product? It certainly does what it says - it removes everything in a few swipes which is fantastic, but I found it really, really harsh and I mean red eyelids, stinging eyes kind of harsh. The pain and the shock of it all took my breath away when I first used it - I may as well have used nail polish remover. Not one to give up lightly, I tried again, this time using much less on the cotton wool pad - this seemed to be a lot better and I am determined to finish the bottle. But no, I will not be buying this again - any product that hurts is a big no no. I would probably only recommend this for someone who wears very heavy eye makeup and has been forewarned.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2007 8:46:00 PM More reviews by mdlvsmakeup

This product is amazing , I have had my bottle for some time now , I even used it to clean my foundation brush , before I found mac brush cleanser. It has a very refreshing scent to it , and leaves a very clean feeling.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2007 7:15:00 PM More reviews by rubykiwi

Ok this product was very confusing for me.

I originally used my friend's and it worked very well (but still will not remove everything..I end up with residue the next morning). I brought my own while on a cruise ship ($20), and it -BURNED- my eyelids. I pump some on a cotton pad and wipe it over my eye area to get rid my make up. When I rinse the residue off, it will sting my eyes. I don't remember having this problem when I used my friend's bottle. Could I have become sensitized to an ingredient in it, or it was just a bad batch of product? I do not have sensitive skin.