LUSH Buffy the Backside Slayer

4.2

Fair Trade Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Ground Rice, Ground Almonds, Ground Aduki Beans, Perfume, Lavender Oil, Lemon Oil, Citral, Limonene, Linalool.

on 4/28/2014 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is awesome! Finally something I like from lush! Makes my skin so soft and moisturized. Perfect for people like me who are too lazy to apply lotion after a long shower. However, the exfoliating bits can get a bit rough once the bar is at its end.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is a lifesaver for my rough elbows, tiny bumps on arms/legs and any part of me that needs a little extra exfoliation. I have tried every scrub, loofah, pumice stone and lotion I can think of for my elbows and the backs of my legs- nothing else left them looking as nice or bump free. If I have an important event to go to where my arms will be showing, I will use this all over my arms/shoulders and I get the most beautiful glow to my skin. The price is a little high for this bar but I am very conservative with it and I definitely get my money's worth. I also love the smell, it's sort of herbal and muted but it leaves my skin with a nice soft scent. I really cannot recommend this product enough.

Tips: DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT UNDER RUNNING WATER. Step out the stream of water, place the bar in your hand and scrub your rough bits away. I also cut the bar up into several pieces, the big bar is harder to divide but it's a better deal in the long run. I never let this product touch the water and each chunk is enough for 3 or 4 showers as long as I don't use it on my whole body. I store it in a travel soap tray that has a cover but it's fine on a shower caddy as long as no water hits it. I recommend only using this on your most rough skin as it can be harsh on your softer parts.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Buffy is a great exfoliating bar. It is a little rough but if it's too rough for you just use the other side which is a little softer. Buffy leaves a great cocoa butter residue and leaves your skin feeling soft and super hydrated. It's supposed to help with cellulite but I haven't used anything YET (I've used about 50% of the bar). This bar melts easily, do not use it with the water directly hitting it and make sure you let it dry after use. All in all its a great hydrating bar and leaves a luxurious feeling.

on 3/31/2014 2:48:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'll admit, the first time I used this, I went a bit crazy with it and scraped up my legs something fierce. The key is to not add too much pressure, but it gets the job done! It has a really light, powdery fragrance, and doesn't require any lotion after using it! Leaves me silky smooth and moisturized! Definitely repurchasing!

on 2/3/2014 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I gave this a 4/5 only because the exfoliation is a little rough for my sensitive skin. It works great and is very moisturizing but it hurts a bit. It smells a very strongly of almonds to me. It's very easy to use - just get wet and rub it all over! Then with your hands, gently rub it around so it can exfoliate and the moisturizing butters can get into your skin. I don't need to use a lotion afterwards because this moisturizes so well. Be sure to keep it out of the water and heat when you're not using it otherwise it will simply melt away.

on 12/9/2013 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Good product. Like the scent and find it good for exfoliating dry skin without making it sore.
Really moisturizing though it can leave a residue on your skin it's no worse than after using a moisturizer. A bar lasts a good while - at least a month with daily use. Great for using on your legs if you shave to stop ingrown hairs.
Packaging not great - you'll have to buy one of the lush tins to carry it if you plan on taking it travelling or to the gym as it can melt if it gets too warm or leave residue on fabric.

on 11/22/2013 2:24:00 AM

This is my first lush purchase to use on myself. I have been intrigued by lush since I purchase some items as a gift for a friend. I've been mor conscious on how my money so spent these days bec I don't have as much disposable income as I once did. I was looking for a little treat and bought this on a whim. I was between this and aqua mirabilis. The thing that won me over was the soft feeling this one left behind. When I used it at home on my legs I thought it was too much especially bec I'm not a lotion wearer. After a while the oils sank in, evaporated, or rubbed off onto my bedding or whatever and I was left wig noticeably soft ad smooth skin. So, I'm on the fence. I like the end result, I even don't mind the scruffiness of the scrubby bits, however I really dislike the initial residue feeling it leaves. However, I can deal with it. I'll keep it and use it up, maybe repurchase it in the future if I don't like aqua mirabilis better. For my next little treat to myself, I'm between trying the aqua mirabilis or the olive branch shower gel... maybe I'll get both!

on 9/14/2013 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is a decent every day scrub. It's not too harsh but still effective. I love that it is so moisturising but, at the same time, I don't like the greasy residue it leaves on my skin. When this bar finishes I won't be repurchasing.

on 9/8/2013 8:56:00 PM

Oh Buffy, I love you. You seriously have no idea. This product is incredible! I will admit, I was skeptical stepping out of the shower the first time that I used Buffy, when my skin felt oily and had a weird smell, but now, I am a changed woman! I love the smell! It's grown on me. And with a little patience, that oily feeling sinks into your skin leaving you with soft, sily smooth skin that does not need a moisturizer. This is my go to bath bar. I am seriously obsessed. If I don't have time for Ocean Salt and Dream Cream or Turkish Delight and Rub Rub Rub, this is my go to routine. I love it. I have never used it as a pre-shave nor to diminish the appearance of cellulite so I can't comment on how well it works in that aspect, but as a nice body exfoliator and moisturizer, this is hard to beat! And for twelve bucks (USD) the price is great too!

This product is said to be a cellulite slayer, and for me, it has lived up to it's reputation. I have had it for awhile, and used to use it as a pre-tanning exfoliator. It worked really well at that too, since it simultaneously exfoliates and moisturizes. It has significantly reduced the bumps and unevenness on my thighs in just a couple of weeks... I rub some into my wet hands while in the shower and really massage it in my skin. I don't just spread it around, I spend time to really massage it. I feel like the better I message it, the better my thighs are going to look. I have already bought a second and I know I will continue to purchase it over and over again. I feel like everyone should use this product.

Top Rated LUSH Products