September 19, 2014 | 934 users online

Body Scrubs - LUSH - Buffy the Backside Slayer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a decent every day scrub. It's not too harsh but still effective. I love that it is so moisturising but, at the same time, I don't like the greasy residue it leaves on my skin. When this bar finishes I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

Oh Buffy, I love you. You seriously have no idea. This product is incredible! I will admit, I was skeptical stepping out of the shower the first time that I used Buffy, when my skin felt oily and had a weird smell, but now, I am a changed woman! I love the smell! It's grown on me. And with a little patience, that oily feeling sinks into your skin leaving you with soft, sily smooth skin that does not need a moisturizer. This is my go to bath bar. I am seriously obsessed. If I don't have time for Ocean Salt and Dream Cream or Turkish Delight and Rub Rub Rub, this is my go to routine. I love it. I have never used it as a pre-shave nor to diminish the appearance of cellulite so I can't comment on how well it works in that aspect, but as a nice body exfoliator and moisturizer, this is hard to beat! And for twelve bucks (USD) the price is great too!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Loratheexplorer

This product is said to be a cellulite slayer, and for me, it has lived up to it's reputation. I have had it for awhile, and used to use it as a pre-tanning exfoliator. It worked really well at that too, since it simultaneously exfoliates and moisturizes. It has significantly reduced the bumps and unevenness on my thighs in just a couple of weeks... I rub some into my wet hands while in the shower and really massage it in my skin. I don't just spread it around, I spend time to really massage it. I feel like the better I message it, the better my thighs are going to look. I have already bought a second and I know I will continue to purchase it over and over again. I feel like everyone should use this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by babystrange

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG product.

I bought this at Lush on a whim. I have used Lush facial moisturizers for several years but have not used any of their body products.

First time I used Buffy, I washed with soap and then used Buffy over my legs. I shaved immediately after. I did notice my legs felt a bit oily as I got out of the shower, but the oil sank in a bit and left me with the softest, smoothest legs I have ever had.

I use it daily in my shower after cleaning. It is my moisturizer and shave balm in one. I also use it on my bikini area before shaving and it has completely rid me of razor burn, ingrown hairs. My bikini line is now free of red bumps and I feel so great about that!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by aneekag

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

simply amazing! my skin is smooth and soft but not sticky like i thought it would be! it helped lighten my dark knees and elbows abit so thats great. it lasts a long time also, ive used it about 5 times and it still looks brand new! the only reason i wouldnt purchase this again is because i wanna try out the other exfoliators first.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by zetka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Kinda experimenting with Lush right now and buying new products each time i pop into Lush store. Since i can't live without body scrubs, first scrub i've tried from Lush was Aqua Mirabilis body butter. I just can't explain how much i loved it, everything about it, the smell, the scrubbing power (i love it harsh), creaminess and perfectly silky smooth skin after. I was literally moaning with pleasure while using Aqua Mirabilis in the shower. Next time i decided to try something else from their body butters and bought Buffy. And first time i tried it...ahhhh...really dissapointing experience!!! It just covered my body with grease which wouldn't absorb into my skin even after 30 min, needed to wipe my body with paper towel. Unnoticeable smell, nothing special at all. Probably would work better for very dry skin and those who love it fragrance free. However i can assume that using Buffy in the winter could be more effective as i get drier skin. For now won't repurchase after i finish

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by TheBreat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Where do I begin? This is probably my favorite Lush product ever! I have kp, and have tried dozens of products. Scrubs have always made the problem worse, so I was skeptical about using this for my kp. I read all the reviews raving about how this helps with bad kp breakouts, so I was willing to give it a go. OMG! My arms and legs have NEVER been this smooth! My kp normally gives me the prickliest skin ever. I think I have snagged my panty hose on the bumps before! I have used Buffy about 5 times now, and I cannot believe the difference in my skin!

I also have very dry skin on top of having kp. I have two chronic health issues that dry my skin out, so normally I need to constantly lotion my arms and legs with the thickest creams I can find. I can't believe that after using Buffy a few times, I don't need to moisturize after I take a shower! I take hot showers too which I know I am not supposed to do with dry, kp skin.

I think what makes this work over other exfoliators for kp is that as it is sloughing off the dead skin, it is immediately adding the moisture back to your skin. There is never a point while using it that you are stripping the moisture away.

Some tips on use:
Don't use the bar to scrub your skin. I just swipe the bar once over each part of my skin, and then I use my hands to massage it in. A little goes a long way with this bar. I always turn off the water in the shower before I pull out the bar, and I put it away before turning it back on. This bar will melt quickly in the running water, so keep it out of the stream!

I keep mine in one of the body butter tins Lush sells. I put it on its side on my bathroom counter and let it dry before closing it up. If you don't have time for it to air dry, just blot it dry with a towel or some tissue. I have had ZERO issues with it melting in the tin by doing this, and it will extend the life of this pricey wonder.

This bar is best used before bed. It does take a bit for it to soak into your skin, but by morning, my skin is so creamy, soft and hydrated with no greasy feeling at all. Since this doesn't leave a strong scent on your skin, you can also use Lush's vanilla puff powder or silky underwear over it to soak up any excess moisture you don't want.

My shower will never be complete without Buffy! I will always have an extra bar on hand!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by lucyschenk

I loved buffy! Although the scrub seems a bit harsh, it's not abrasive at all and leaves skin feeling silky smooth. I like to use it after I shave and my legs have never been smoother. What's great is I don't even have to moisturize once I'm out of the shower and the moisture lasts all day! The only negative thing I have to say is that I'm not crazy about the smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like how easy it is to use this scrub. I had mine for about a year (I didn't use that often and I kept it out of the bath so it stayed hard). It is pretty greasy so I don't use it before bed. I will buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by FirstCircle

I purchased this product with hopes that it would decrease the severity of my keratosis pilaris. I've had very severe keratosis pilaris on the back of my upper arms for years, and a much milder version around my calves/knees. After trying coconut oil for a while (which softened my skin a little but did nothing for the redness), I went to Lush to pick up a bar of Buffy.

My first impressions were that it had an odd smell- like a combination of coconut oil and strong lavender (among other things). The bar didn't smell terrible, but I wouldn't want it as an air freshener either. While the size I got was small, I'd read other reviews saying that it lasts quite a while and I should get my money's worth. Plus I didn't want to be stuck with an huge odd smelling yellow lump that did nothing for my skin. I was offered a $3 tin box to hold the bar, but decided that there were no real advantages to the tin. Also as a general warning- this product WILL melt in hot temperatures, so I don't advise you have it shipped out to you in the middle of summer or if you live near the equator.

The first time I used it, it was everything I thought (and read) it'd be. Very abrasive, smelly and oily at the same time. I hadn't thought it'd be possible that once applied to my skin, the smell would worsen--and not to mention the fact that it lingers for quite a while afterwards. It also melted a little while I using it in the shower, despite the fact that I wasn't using it under direct water contact. I also learned after a couple times that you need to rinse it off very very thoroughly after its application so you don't end up feeling like a stick of earthy-smelling butter after you get out of the shower.

It is indeed, very hydrating for my skin. The rough, dry patches behind my ankles were banished and now feel nice and smooth. Unfortunately, the high hopes for my upper arms were misplaced. While my arms feel slightly smoother, the red bumps are still quite evident. That being said, I've only used the bar for 2-3 weeks now. But sadly with a smell like that, I don't have much patience.

I probably won't buy it again just because I'm sure there's better ways to hydrate my skin without feeling like I've been dipped in Vaseline. To be fair it did its job, but it's by no means the miracle product that everyone claims it is (for me anyways). I don't even mind the abrasiveness since I've been exfoliating for years with other abrasive products, however there isn't much here to keep me interested. continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No