April 18, 2014 | 1900 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Mineral Face Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by madscientist01

This is a product I have been using faithfully for about 6 years.

I LOVE that this product is so sheer. That's something you'll either love or hate. Personally I think it's great because I don't have to look like i'm wearing foundation when i'm not. I hate high coverage powders for that reason. If I want to look like I have foundation on, I'll wear foundation.

There isn't anything for darker skinned ladies unfortunately, but if you're fairer skinned, it's a great product. I always forget what shade I bought the previous time, but somehow it always seems like the right colour. You can't really go wrong.

I love that it's oil free, and has never broken me out or given me any type of adverse reaction.

I love the packaging! The little brush is garbage and I always toss them, but I love the compact. Good sized mirror in there. I highly recommend trying out this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Madihudson

This powder is literally the bomb! It's almost an EXACT dupe for the MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural. This powder is very pigmented, gives you extra coverage, applies smoothly to the skin, looks incredibly natural, doesn't look cakey, no odor, PLUS it's super blendable. Basically this powder is any powder you've ever wanted. It works wonders. The only downsides are that the packing is mildly bulky and the price isn't so great. I would say this powder is overpriced ($13.99-$15.00) but its totally worth it. I defiently recommend this to anyone who's looking into it or the MAC MSFN.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Hollipop19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have just finished using up my first compact of this powder and I definitely plan on re-purchasing! This powder in translucent is perfect for my very pale skin. The powder is light-feeling, but offers additional coverage to your foundation. It can even be worn alone if you're in a hurry and you want a little bit of coverage! The powder also has outstanding staying power, and lasts throughout the day while controlling my shine. (I have a very oily T-zone, so that's saying a lot!) I find that the best way to apply it is with my Elf powder brush- pressing it into my skin for a flawless finish! Most importantly, this powder has not irritated my sensitive skin, nor caused any breakouts to my acne-prone skin! The only complaint I have is the price...I believe I paid $14 for the powder, which feel is a little pricey for a drugstore powder, but I will continue to buy it regardless!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by vintagy

I really love this product! I wanted to switch from liquid to powder foundation most days because I have oily skin and powder foundation is just easier and quicker to apply, and this was my first powder foundation ever. It has good coverage for a powder, applies easily, melts into my skin nicely, keeps my skin matte (except for my nose, but that happens no matter what I do), and doesn't break me out.

HOWEVER, the packaging really sucks. It's bulky and the actual powder part is tiny. I've already hit pan and I only bought the product in mid-May. It only took me a month and a half to hit pan, which is kind of ridiculous. It comes with a crappy little brush which I think is useless. They should get rid of it and add more product to the pan. Also, it's $20 in Canada, which is really expensive for a drugstore product that I go through so quickly. I would repurchase this though because the product itself is really great. I've been using it almost every day since I bought it.

In terms of staying power, I can last a 9-5 workday without reapplication, but if I were to go out after work or something, I'd need to touch up.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by pinkandblack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Three words: chalky, chalky, and chalky. The translucent adds a sickly whitish cast to pale skin, the creamy natural is too dark for pale skin. As for oil control: gone in less than an hour if you have very oily skin.

I can't think of a single reason to recommend this god-awful stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by hyukluv3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this powder. It is my daily finishing powder and my HG for sure. I've tried tons and this just takes the cake. It does everything I want- mattes my face, evens my color, gives me a natural look and makes my skin look nearly flawless. It is pricier for me but we'll worth it but I do not like the packaging quality at all. It is thick but the majority of the pan is empty with a bad brush in it. Pfft. It needs more product. Anyways LOVE the product

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Rmcourteau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder is really amazing. I have used many different mineral powders and they always look pretty good initially, but with my oily skin by midday it looks oily and/ or cakey. Not with this one. I wear it on its own with MUFE full coverage concealer, and it's something magical. No cakiness, and the powder somehow melts into your face and blends in with your natural oils but still keeps good coverage. I wear translucent because I have light skin with neutral/ yellow undertones, and that one was the closest color for me. An amazing product. Not sure how it functions over foundation, but if you have sensitive acne prone skin, I highly recommend this with just a good concealer to let your skin breathe. Will repurchase again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by irvinjon

I love this., I use this everyday and its awesome

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by scatterbrayne

Fantastic powder! Lasts all day on my oily skin, has great coverage for a powder (I usually just prime and powder and I'm good to go all day), and lets my skin breathe. This powder has never broken me out. About mid-day my T-zone will get oily and I'll need to freshen up but often a dab of a tissue is enough. The product doesn't just slide or flake off. I also appreciate the convenient packaging! I have one case in my bag and one in my room!

Love this product, have been buying regularly for a couple years.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by zephir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this product in Creamy Natural and I'm about an NC20-25. This is a very high quality, talc-free mineral pressed powder. I usually use it to set my makeup, and it lasts the entire work day without budging.

A great drugstore find, although it's pretty pricey here in Canada (about $20). I tend to buy this across the border or when it's on sale.

I absolutely loathe the packaging-it's bulky and looks terrible. The brush it comes with is rough and sheds like crazy-I tossed it. I also hate how if you take it with you to touch up, you have to flip back and forth between the mirror and powder.

Despite that, between the low price point and excellent quality of the product it's a rebuy for sure (I have a backup waiting for me already!)