November 27, 2014 | 1429 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Face Powder SPF 16

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by missidek

Ok. I have a few comments about this powder, if you're interested (which I'm guessing you are if you are browsing this site. heh)

This is not at all the worst powder I have ever used. I have a few pros I will elaborate on in a second but unfortunately, there are also cons. And for me, the negatives outweigh the positives I'm afraid to say.

I'll start with the pros:

1) I really liked the colour match. I bought it in Translucent Light (since I have very pale skin) and found that the undertones to the powder were yellow instead of the traditional pink. That made me quite happy because I do lean more toward yellow toned skin over pink. Anyway, it was one of the best for colour indeed.

2) It seemed to admirably control shine. Not the BEST, imo, but I would say that it did hold up well considering.

3) It really goes on very silky. It has a lovely smooth texture that certainly evens out your skin tone at the same time. I did like the initial pocelain look it produced.

HOWEVER.

Here come the cons…

1) First and foremost, and unfortunately for me the deciding factor in my decision never to repurchase: it does not blend into your skin enough. Meaning that hours after you apply, and you happen to come across a mirror, you CAN see that you are wearing makeup. Urg. I'm sorry to say but that does not work for me. I have tried other brands that are just not as obvious as this one. Perhaps if you were always situated in appropriate lighting, it would not matter but most of us can't control that part of our day lol. Anyway, I really dislike knowing that it is glaringly obvious you're wearing a setting powder. There are other powders that provide the same positives that don't make you cringe at that thought.

2) My second con (which I suppose could actually be seen as a pro - but not for me xD) is that it is VERY difficult to remove. I use a scrub at the end of the day and it takes me 3 washes to remove this powder. I mean, yes, I use a mosturizer before application but never before have I had to wash 3 times, it was that stubborn.
I mentioned it could be seen as a positive and that is because it means that once applied - it's NOT budging for the day! Some people may find that beneficial. But in my opinion, this takes that idea a bit too far and I can't help but wonder - if it is that hard to remove, it MUST be clogging pores as well, right?

Overall, I can't say it's terrible because it's not. But it's also not something I would recommend for my reasons above. Won't be repurchasing.

Alright, alright I'm done talking about this now. If you read it all, you're a star. :P

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by budenden01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this face powder. The only powder that i am using without breaking out. Mine is in buff beige. The shade is so natural on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by nnn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this powder in Matt beige and I like it very much.It gives light matte finish without looking cakey and doesnt oxidize.The only thing I dont like is the crappy packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by MysticalRukia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do love this product! It's great over foundation for extra coverage without looking cakey, or on its own! Although it makes your face feel stiff and chalky on its own, and this is coming from a girl with oily skin! Nevertheless it still looks great. It doesn't seem to cling to dry patches, or cause acne, and also keeps the oil at bay for a good while! It also makes for a nice natural looking bronzer if you get a shade darker.

My only complaints is that it doesn't seem to come with that much product. It's also pricy, and the shade selection isn't that good - the lightest shade is too dark for me - although it it's so terribly noticeable that I can't get by.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by daisywhite07

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I ran out my Clinique pressed powder. So I need to get a new pressed powder, but I don't want to spend more on a pressed powder. I decided to try Physicians Formula after watched beauty guru on youtube mentioned about this powders as their favorite drugstore powder.
So, I bought this, and love this powder. I love the formula, it is soft, it reduce shine and oilyness on my t-zone, and more importantly, it does not give me bumps and acne. I will repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by chelsia

I bought this because someone on utube claimed this was like mac's mineralize skinfinish which I love to use but hate the price. Used this for a while loved it but the colours are hard to match my skin (use theres a translucent one but it makes me super pale lol) other than that it does what mac's does: gives extra coverage and controls shine/keeps oily skin controlled. If you can find a match to your skin perfectly than I would totally use this than spending $20+ more on mac.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This does a great job brushed all over the face almost like foundation or just dusted in the t-zone as a powder. Personally I'm not a complete convert to the whole mineral makeup phenomena. FYI: talc is a mineral! However, if you're going to buy a mineral powder this one is affordable, and I like that it's pressed (i.e. less messy). The translucent light shade I chose blends perfectly with my super fair skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by AONeal79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'd been loyal to Rimmel's Stay Matte powder for years, but wanted something with SPF. Really glad I bought this even though it's 3x the price - it looks far more natural and mattifies longer. I use it to set a light layer of foundation and concealer, and have very oily/combination skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Marebear2013

I tried SO hard to like this product. I probably returned then repurchased it again like three times. And every time I repurchase I'm reminded why I hate it. It makes your skin SHINYYYYY!!!! And when you touch up, it only layers more product & an hour later you're a shine ball again. This contains mica which is a "shine ingredient." Avoid face powders with mica. I do NOT recommend this for oily skin. The coverage is great so if you have dryer skin you would love this after moisturizing!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by monica3210

First I bought this in sand beige and it was waay too dark so I bought beige. still too dark so I got buff beige. this is when I noticed they oxidize badly. buff beige and beige practically turn out to be the same color. It doesn't turn orange though just really dark. if I wear something covering my chest then it will still be a believable skin color (just not mine). Once I realized the formula didn't like my skin I also noticed it didn't do anything to my skin. it looked powdery/chalky and emphasized my pores after awhile (I tried this in the comfort of my own home).