MAC Fluidline Eyeliner Gel Macroviolet

on 1/9/2012 7:37:00 PM

I like the fluidlines in general but this one just seemed a tad bit drier than the others. Maybe it was just this one but I am not spending the money to buy another in the same color to try it out. With a stiff enough liner brush I can still make it work but I think I prefer the shadesticks....lil harder to do a thin line but SOO much easier to not get gaps in color and always creamy and amazing

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Definitely one of my favorite fluidlines. I have blue eyes so it really brings out my eyes when I wear it. Its the perfect purple shade - not too dark but just light enough to tell that its purple. Looks great alone, as a winged eyeliner, on my water line and with so many different colour MAC eyeshadows. I mostly wear this with neutral eyeshadows, and silver smokey eyes. Great change up from plain black liner. Goes on really smooth and easily, very creamy and lasts all day/night. I also love wearing this on the water line when I'm not in the mood for black. Love this fluidline and I will definitely repurchase!

on 11/3/2011 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been wearing this with pretty much all shadows. It looks good with browns, purples and taupes. The color is an eggplant brown with shimmer. It can be sheer when first applied but can be built up for a more dark line. I also own L'Oreal Hip cream liner in Eggplant and I swatched them next to one another and they are the same exact color. I prefer the Mac one because of it's creaminess whereas the L'Oreal one is a tad more dry and not as creamy. I don't find this dries out but again the L'Oreal one does over time. For almost the same price I'd most def choose the Mac one and I will buy this again when I run out.

on 8/25/2011 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I went to the MAC counter looking for a purple-ish eyeliner and mentioned that I hadn't really liked the pencil one I had purchased from MAC previously (can't remember which one it was now). They suggested the Fluidline in Macroviolet and I loved the colour. I do like it and wear it occasionally but I find it harder to apply than the other colours I own, it isn't very highly pigmented and I am not sure why but I find it hard to apply in a clean line.
The colour is beautiful though!

on 8/6/2011 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Really dig this liner. I think of it as an aubergine color. Looks great with my dark brown eyes. I use it often and find it compliments a range of eye shadows. It can be a bit sheer so I go over the line a couple of times to deepen the color. Since black can be quite harsh on me, I particularly like this as an alternative to black as this color is more subtle. Looks great when doing a cat eye, as well.
It has pretty good staying power. It lasts all day.
There is plenty of product here to last me at least two years. FYI, I always store my Fluidlines upside down in my makeup case.

on 7/4/2011 3:15:00 PM

This was my first MAC purchase. I was shocked when the MAC artist suggested this (I had just gone for liner) but was pleased how it made my hazel eyes pop.

I applied it myself at the MAC counter and it went on easily. When I got home, I had more trouble with it. It doesn't go on as easily as Blacktrack (my other purchase) but it's worth the extra trouble. I think the gold flecks in the liner make the application more difficult.

I'm older and a conservative dresser. I don't like to stand out. It's interesting to me how this liner works no matter what I'm wearing. It doesn't stand up and shout "I'm purple" but it does make your green eyes pop while defining your eyes in a very pretty and subtle way.

I'm not sure if I'll buy it again; I may look for a similar color in another product line. I have a feeling I won't find the same thing though - if that's the case, I'll be happy enough to buy it again.

on 6/17/2011 10:43:00 PM

This colour is more subtle than I expected. Almost looks like a soft black or dark brown with a little aubergine. The staying power is superb. I've worn it on very humid hot days and 14 hours later, it's still there. The rest of my eye makeup is gone but this liner sure stays put. It's also very easy to apply. I've tried liquid liners before and made a mess. I find this very user friendly with a good brush.

on 6/8/2011 11:53:00 PM

This eyeliner certainly is not what you want if you're looking for something super dark, super bright, or super opaque. But I think it's an absolutely beautiful, subtle color. It's purple enough to make my green eyes look greener, but not so purple that it looks costumey or un-grown-up. I like that it's sheer -- I have fair skin and black liner can look overdone on me very easily. This makes my lashline darker and more dramatic in a totally daytime-suitable way. It's just *pretty*, which is just what I want. I also find it very easy to apply neatly and evenly with an angled brush; the formulation is smooth, and tiny wobbles don't show up the way they do with a super black black liner.

on 6/4/2011 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love fluidline in Blacktrack and thus had high hopes for this product. I love the color out of the pot, but the product is way too sheer. It doesn't even look like eyeliner. I've used it to line my lower lashes, but it's even to sheer for that. I see that some people use it as an eyeshadow. I haven't tried that yet, but I think I will. I hate wasting it.

on 5/8/2011 1:07:00 AM

I have a love/hate relationship with this one. On one hand, the formula is good, it doesn't dry out in the pot, it makes my green eyes pop without screaming "look at me I'm purple", but I don't find application as smooth as other fluidline colours. Specifically, this one is quite sheer but can be layered to a point. I find that I need to get a really even coat and be particularly careful not to catch my lashes at the lower waterline otherwise it shows up as darker clumps. It doesn't have great lasting power on my waterlines, maybe 3-4 hours. That said, I'm not sad about it and will definitely repurchase if I make it to the bottom of the jar.