April 23, 2014 | 1905 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eyeliner Gel Macroviolet

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Definitely one of my favorite fluidlines. I have blue eyes so it really brings out my eyes when I wear it. Its the perfect purple shade - not too dark but just light enough to tell that its purple. Looks great alone, as a winged eyeliner, on my water line and with so many different colour MAC eyeshadows. I mostly wear this with neutral eyeshadows, and silver smokey eyes. Great change up from plain black liner. Goes on really smooth and easily, very creamy and lasts all day/night. I also love wearing this on the water line when I'm not in the mood for black. Love this fluidline and I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by carrasco

I have been wearing this with pretty much all shadows. It looks good with browns, purples and taupes. The color is an eggplant brown with shimmer. It can be sheer when first applied but can be built up for a more dark line. I also own L'Oreal Hip cream liner in Eggplant and I swatched them next to one another and they are the same exact color. I prefer the Mac one because of it's creaminess whereas the L'Oreal one is a tad more dry and not as creamy. I don't find this dries out but again the L'Oreal one does over time. For almost the same price I'd most def choose the Mac one and I will buy this again when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Annaboobella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I went to the MAC counter looking for a purple-ish eyeliner and mentioned that I hadn't really liked the pencil one I had purchased from MAC previously (can't remember which one it was now). They suggested the Fluidline in Macroviolet and I loved the colour. I do like it and wear it occasionally but I find it harder to apply than the other colours I own, it isn't very highly pigmented and I am not sure why but I find it hard to apply in a clean line.
The colour is beautiful though!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 10:37:00 AM More reviews by ChococatG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Really dig this liner. I think of it as an aubergine color. Looks great with my dark brown eyes. I use it often and find it compliments a range of eye shadows. It can be a bit sheer so I go over the line a couple of times to deepen the color. Since black can be quite harsh on me, I particularly like this as an alternative to black as this color is more subtle. Looks great when doing a cat eye, as well.
It has pretty good staying power. It lasts all day.
There is plenty of product here to last me at least two years. FYI, I always store my Fluidlines upside down in my makeup case.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by mcavana

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was my first MAC purchase. I was shocked when the MAC artist suggested this (I had just gone for liner) but was pleased how it made my hazel eyes pop.

I applied it myself at the MAC counter and it went on easily. When I got home, I had more trouble with it. It doesn't go on as easily as Blacktrack (my other purchase) but it's worth the extra trouble. I think the gold flecks in the liner make the application more difficult.

I'm older and a conservative dresser. I don't like to stand out. It's interesting to me how this liner works no matter what I'm wearing. It doesn't stand up and shout "I'm purple" but it does make your green eyes pop while defining your eyes in a very pretty and subtle way.

I'm not sure if I'll buy it again; I may look for a similar color in another product line. I have a feeling I won't find the same thing though - if that's the case, I'll be happy enough to buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Nikkers8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This colour is more subtle than I expected. Almost looks like a soft black or dark brown with a little aubergine. The staying power is superb. I've worn it on very humid hot days and 14 hours later, it's still there. The rest of my eye makeup is gone but this liner sure stays put. It's also very easy to apply. I've tried liquid liners before and made a mess. I find this very user friendly with a good brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by foxred

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This eyeliner certainly is not what you want if you're looking for something super dark, super bright, or super opaque. But I think it's an absolutely beautiful, subtle color. It's purple enough to make my green eyes look greener, but not so purple that it looks costumey or un-grown-up. I like that it's sheer -- I have fair skin and black liner can look overdone on me very easily. This makes my lashline darker and more dramatic in a totally daytime-suitable way. It's just *pretty*, which is just what I want. I also find it very easy to apply neatly and evenly with an angled brush; the formulation is smooth, and tiny wobbles don't show up the way they do with a super black black liner.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by cshea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love fluidline in Blacktrack and thus had high hopes for this product. I love the color out of the pot, but the product is way too sheer. It doesn't even look like eyeliner. I've used it to line my lower lashes, but it's even to sheer for that. I see that some people use it as an eyeshadow. I haven't tried that yet, but I think I will. I hate wasting it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by kali205

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a love/hate relationship with this one. On one hand, the formula is good, it doesn't dry out in the pot, it makes my green eyes pop without screaming "look at me I'm purple", but I don't find application as smooth as other fluidline colours. Specifically, this one is quite sheer but can be layered to a point. I find that I need to get a really even coat and be particularly careful not to catch my lashes at the lower waterline otherwise it shows up as darker clumps. It doesn't have great lasting power on my waterlines, maybe 3-4 hours. That said, I'm not sad about it and will definitely repurchase if I make it to the bottom of the jar.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

let me clear a few things out the way before i properly review this; this is nowhere near being black! and this is nowhere near being a purple liner! so if you want a straight-up purple liner, or a competitor with black, don't buy this! it does not appear on the eyes how it looks in the jar.
as a previous reviewer rightly stated, this is not opaque due to it's sheen. this personally for me, is a plus, because i like to wear my fluidlines on my bottom lashline (outer and inner) as well. this is why i absolutely love 'Rich Ground' as well! i love the way gel liners look on the bottom lashline, i think it gives such clean, sharp unusual definition.
but back to the review: this takes a couple of applications to get a dark brownish, purpley eggplant colour. even as the website description says, this does provide a bit of shimmering red pearl. my sister said it looked brown but she was not sure, and my friend said my brown eyes looked more 'golden' one day when i was wearing this.
wearability is great, and i'm wearing this with Urban Decay's 247 pencil in '1999' on the waterline (one of the only things that pencil is good for) and it brings out the purpleness of 'Macroviolet'.
also, i personally think this is a must-have for brown eyes! such a classic match these colours usually are and you don't get much better than a gel liner.
so overall, i personally love this. but if you do decide to buy it, please don't expect it to be anywhere near black or bright purple. and this is not a block of colour like 'Blacktrack' as it's not matte and does reflect the light with the warm pearl. but do buy this is you want an interesting, reddish, brownish, eggplant, almost purple liner that blends in well with the eyes, whilst still defining as a gel liner.
would buy again :)