Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel Pads

Water (aqua), Lactic Acid, Butylene Glycol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Biosaccharide Gum 1, Pyridoxine, Glutamine, Arginine HCl, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos/Red Tea) Leaf Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Geranium Maculatum (Geranium) Extract, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil (Tangerine), Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Extract (Tangerine), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Glycine Soja Extract (Soybean), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil (Lemon), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange Peel) Oil (Orange), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract (Orange), Glycerin, Polyquaternium 10, DMDM Hydrantoin

on 8/14/2011 3:32:00 PM

Well, I'm down to using things I had started using and then for some reason stopped...and now I'm in that cycle we go through where we feel productive to "use things up".

UGH. I didn't like these the first time and I like them less now. I have about 100 to go through and it's taking forever :( They leave my skin feeling sticky and I want to use a toner after to take it off.

I'm am fairly happy with my skin. No acne and I'm looking for some glow or reduced pore appearance. These do neither. On the positive side...there is plenty of product. They are soaking wet and one pad does my face, neck and chest. Can't wait for them to be used up. lol

on 5/9/2011 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

For some reason Philosophy products always sound really alluring to me. I think it's those QVC and HSN infomercials. Their promise of "makeup optional" gets me every time. Anyway, I was crazed with the Sephora F&F sale and threw these in my cart after reading some good reviews on here. I shouldn't have bothered. These pads did absolutely zilch for me - if anything, my face looked dryer and duller after using them. I have another product that I like much better that does the same thing. It also costs 1/3 the amount and takes up 1/5 the space in your medicine cabinet. Earth Science A/B Hydroxy Acid Night Rejuvenator, you can find it online for about $12 with sales & discounts. P.S. One note, if these pads DO work for you, is that they are very well-soaked with the solution. I cut them in half and had plenty to work with. If I had kept this, I would cut them in quarters--it would still be plenty for anyone's face!

on 4/11/2011 7:44:00 PM

After enjoying much success with Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash, I was eager to try these pads. Unfortunately, lightning didn't strike twice.

The pads were soaking wet in the tub, and were just gross to apply as they dampened my face considerably. I figured my face would magically dry, like when applying a toner. This was not the case, and I was left with a sticky film all over my face. After 20 minutes or so, I could not deal with the film because firstly it was a less than pleasant feeling and secondly I was afraid of breaking out. So, I washed it off and figured I'd give the product another go the next day.

Well, all hopes were dashed when I woke up and found several red bumps on my forehead. I wanted this to improve my skin, not make it worse! I went on MUA and found that many other reviewers had similar complaints. Still not satisfied, I read a review by Paula Begoun and she noted that the oils in this product could irritate one's skin. Oils? Irritate? No thank you.

I thought that I'd be a Philosophy convert after using the exfoliating wash, but I guess Philosophy is like every other brand I've tried: it's hit or miss.

on 11/3/2010 12:42:00 AM

I purchased this product (mini-peel pads) from Ulta based on a recommendation from a sales associate. My request was for something to exfoliate and reduce congestion. I had previously gone to a spa for a mini facial (30 min), and if it hadn't been for the super cool mani/pedi lady, I would have left in tears. The esthetician wouldn't stop scolding me about how awful my skin was.

So, I started moisturizing (L'Oreal Regenerist line) and ventured into Ulta. I told them what I was looking for and they showed me several options. I went with the peel pads because I need something easy. These do not require rinsing. I use these every other night. After a few uses, I could see a noticeable change in the size of my pores, my complexion is more even, and I can wear makeup without it looking weird - no more dry flakey spots and smaller pores! I think my pores are smaller because they are no longer clogged. No new black/whiteheads either.

I am very happy with my results. They do leave my face feeling sticky until it dries and I can feel a tingle, which is why I only use at night. It definitely feels like it's working, and the comments from friends and colleagues back it up. Someone recently asked me what I had started doing different and she said that she was going to go pick some up.

on 10/14/2010 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is for the Microdelivery Multi-Use Peel Pads, which do have some difference in its ingredients list than the Mini Pads.

After finishing and liking a 30-day supply of MD Skincareís Alpha Beta Body Peel, but not blown away by the results, I decided that its $78 price tag was too much for 30 applications. Having liked all the philosophy products Iíve tried before, I decided to give this a try (especially since it was cheaper at $55 AND had 100 pads). After the first application (in the evening after showering, applied to my back, torso, chest, and neck), I immediately noticed that I caused no dryness or irritation. The next morning, my back (which has the most problems) felt smoother. After two months, my back and torso are smoother, my sun damage spots are smaller, and I still havenít run out of pads. The scent is a synthetic-smelling citrus, but it dissipates quickly and isnít enough to deter me from this product. I will definitely buy again.

on 9/6/2010 5:53:00 PM

Ew, I hated this.

My skin type: I'm pretty happy with my skin, there isn't really anything that needed major fixing - BUT, my skin can get quite oily especially in the summer, and that's when I noticed pores that are a little larger around my nose area.

I read the reviews and a lot of people claimed it shrank their pore size. Ummm, no. Not for me anyway.

First of all, this really sticky and I don't like the smell. I used it for about two weeks, and gave up. I can't stand the stickiness. They claim you can use it under makeup but it only aggravated oil production! My makeup didn't sit right on my skin.

Also, it did nothing for skin texture - in fact, it made me skin look rougher and also made my pores more noticeable!

What a waste of money.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I really love Philosophy products!!! Purity has done wonders for my sensitive, combo skin. So I decided to give the other products a try. This is one of the products that I recently purchased. I like that it tingles, but doesn't burn. I have noticed a difference in my skin since using this product. My skin appears and feels smoother and my pores look smaller. My mom even commented on my skin! I do like that the pads are heavily saturated with the treatment, but I wish the packaging was a little different. The jar is okay, but I wish the pads came in a package like my MAC wipes. I use these every other night after cleansing with Purity and Microdelivery Wash followed by HIAJ for all skin types.

on 6/25/2010 7:58:00 PM

I love the Philosophy Microdelivery Peel Pads. They do all they claim and leave skin feeling squeaky clean and exfoliated. Only gave them 4 out of 5 because the price is high. I've tried other brands (like Sheer Miracle's AHA Exfoliating Daily Peel Pads) that are much less expensive and work just as well. All in all, I'd buy again (if I hadn't already broke the budget that month :)).

on 3/26/2010 9:38:00 PM

I'm not a huge Philosophy fan.

Can't stand Purity (except to remove eye makeup) or Hope In A Jar, so know that this review's not written by a Philosophy devotee.

Bought this in a large kit (because it came with the Vitamin C peel and the Microdelivery wash, both of which I like) ..... hated, hated, hated it at first. I thought all it did was make my skin sticky.

So this big tub of pads sate here for a couple of months, and for some reason I decided to give it another go. Used it for a few nights and thought, "hmmmm, this stuff seems to be making my skin tone more even."

I subsequently used it for about two weeks, and was pleasantly surprised: definitely evened my skin tone, improved texture, "reduced" pore size, and gave me a lot of brightness and clarity.

Added bonus (graphic): I had had a small white head on my forehead for a couple of months that I thought I'd have to have professionally extracted, as it seemed to be quite deep under my skin and not going anywhere. After the two weeks --- no exaggeration --- it was obviously ready for an easy at home extraction, without any damage or excessive pressure.

Now I use a lot of exfolliating products, and a ton of skin products, but none had done the job before this .....

I think this added bonus was the deal maker for me.

This is now in my superfluous rotation of beauty products, and I think its a product with some great benefits. Does not moisturize or plump skin (hydrate), but deals with congestion, exfoliation, clarity, brightness, and overall tone.

Give it more than one or two nights to do its thang.

May be too much for sensitive skin.

on 3/15/2010 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Ew. Didn't help, only irritated my skin. Straight up smelled like alcohol. Total waste of money.

Popular Treatments (Face)