October 25, 2014 | 1887 users online

Treatments - Nailtek - Nailtek Intensive Therapy

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 7:17:00 AM More reviews by Katiemclean30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For my entire life, I have had soft peeling never growing nails, I am not interested in acrylic nails as these do far more damage. A lady at work suggested nail tek and brought me in a few bottles. What a life saver! you do have to be patient,and make sure to apply daily. The reason you are meant to wear a coloured polish with it, is to see where your nails chip and how you can aviod this in the future, for example how to use your hands different to save the life of your nails, A crystal file is also a must! It wont shred your current nail. Important note when filing, NEVER file back and and forth like a saw, this is the quivilant of pulling out a loose string on a sweater. File one side at a time in single strokes. You will see the difference. My mother commented on my nails the other day, knowing that I had always had problem nails, she asked me to pick some up for her, I am absolutely thrilled with nailtek HG for sure!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by kasiecakes

For the first time in a long time, my nails aren't splitting/flaking/peeling! I could never grow my nails out long before because of constant peeling, but NailTek Intensive Therapy has fixed this for me! I use it as a base coat and top coat after nail color, then I finish everything off with Seche Vite. I do experience some chipping/tipwear with my polish, but I think its because of Seche, not because of NailTek. I can also see where my new nail is growing from the base, pink and strong. The yellowish tips are getting filed away every week and its a miracle! Soon I'll have healthy nails all the way through thanks to this product. Its pricy, but I highly recommend it. I've also tried Xtra, and I feel this one works better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Kaitain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried using this as a base coat but it just doesn't hold up, but I use it whenever I have naked nails and I've recently started using it under a base coat and so far so good. Testing in progress.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by linet182

I had acrylics for a while so when I removed them my natural nails were very flakey. So I needed something to make my nails stronger. I don't see much of a difference after using this product for the past 2 weeks. I use it as a base then wear my nail polish and I also wear a layer to finish it off. It makes my nails chip very easily. I did my nails Monday and by Tuesday my nail polish was peeling off. I don't think I will be buying this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by ella343

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've lost track of the bottles I've used up; safe to say, I like it. I have naturally thin, brittle nails, fast growing but prone to peeling, splitting, breaking. With Nail Tek, I no longer have this problem. In fact, I think it leaves a deposit that thickens my nail plate ever so slightly, and certainly the formaldehyde (a known carcinogen, but this reviewer does not care) hardens my weak nails. The trick is to use enough product: I layer the Intensive Therapy, the clear strengthener, the Foundation, a matte-finish, stain-repelling, ridge-filling basecoat, manicure as usual, and a final coat of Intensive Therapy as a topcoat. Once your nails have settled into this routine, after a month or two, you can scale back and use it as a basecoat alone. I've never had an issue with my nails turning too brittle;

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by beautybc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this base coat for keeping my nails healthy. My nails are in better condition since using. BUT I do not like how fast it causes my polish to chip. Before I stared using it my manis would last at least 4 days without a chip. Now they chip so fast, the longest my mani lasts is 2 days. I will keep this and use it for times I'm not wearing polish since it does make my nails so healthy. But I will not be using it as a base coat anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by themerchanwifey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using the II formula(for soft, peeling nails) for many years. I had acrylic nails all through high school and most of college. After college my husbands mom (Licensed Nail Technician) gave me bottle of this stuff and told my it would change my life. I always had acrylics because I couldn't get my nails to grow, now I literally have to cut them. After two kids and endless loads of dishes I have gorgeous nails. I do not use the foundations, I just use the Intensive Therapy II. I use it as a base coat sometimes, but always a top coat. If I don't feel like wearing color I will apply two coats of this by itself. I keep a bottle at home and a bottle at work at all times. I constantly have to have this on hand, literally! A great product that does exactly as it claims. HG nail strengthener!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by EozS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product! I don't know if it actually strengthens your nails. I feel that a lot of these products strengthen simply by having several coats of it on your nail, but whatever - it works for me! My nails are all long, and all the same length. I have to file them to keep them at a reasonable length, and they never break anymore.

It also does a good job as bottom and top coat. I definitely recommend, I just wish it was available in stores.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by neverunpolished

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this hoping that it would fix my peeling nails...well, I won't get a chance to find out, because I've used it twice and it makes my nail polish peel off within a day! I know it's the base coat and not anything else because I used nail polish and top coat that I've used before and that have lasted well. I'm sorry this didn't work for me, because I know it does for a lot of people. On the other hand, at least I won't be using a product with formaldehyde in it anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by BeeUTeeMeg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My nails has become very fragile and peeling due to damage caused by acetone. I've been using Nailtek Intensive therapy II nightly and I've seen a real improvement in my nail strength and condition. It dries rather quickly, and applies quickly. It can be worn with nail polish, or alone.