October 20, 2014 | 859 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites Ball Powder Beige Chic 03

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by lazeny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Beige Chic 03 is my favorite among the 3 shades. This compliments my skin tone very well. I use this as a finishing powder and it gives me a luminous glow. I have oily skin and, initially, I steer away from products that claim to make skin look "dewy" or "luminous". But Beige Chic is perfect, the texture is so soft and smooth, and the shimmers are subtle that it makes the skin glow - not the usual sparkle shimmers give out.

I know there are many people that are disappointed w/ this product because it's expensive, has fragrance and for some, doesn't show up on their face.

Perhaps this can be used as a light bronzer by those w/ very fair skin tone. As I have a medium skin w/ deep yellow undertone (964 from Shu Uemura and YO03 from Lunasol) this is just right as a setting/finishing powder. The overall effect of the meteorites is very subtle, especially for medium to dark skin tones. The only thing that will show up is the very finely milled shimmer that plays up the light around my face .

As for the price, I think this is worth the money because this can last for years. And it never goes bad, like the powders drying out or clumping, or the fragrance starting to stink.

As for the packaging, many have complained that it looks cheap, because it's just a cardboard box. But I seem to remember that powders were usually cased in cardboard boxes way before the advent of modern cosmetic packaging. So perhaps Guerlain is just sticking to the old tradition of packaging their powders or something. I don't mind though, because I like the intricate designs of the cardboard boxes.

This is my HG powder and I will definitely repurchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 6:43:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Well, I bought this based on the rave reviews.
I have this in Beige Chic as I am yelllow undertoned and the very famous "Mythic 01" looks too "white" on my skin (due to the lilac and blue balls, that give a cold tone, while I am warm toned). Beige Chic has balls in champagne, light brown, yellow, pale fleshy pink, ivory white.
All in all the color is perfect.
What I really do not get (from some of the reviews below) is why people use this as a setting powder.
This is not a setting powder, it is a highlighter; it does not absorb any oils, nor fixes makeup.
What it does indeed, it is giving an additional -after you applied all the other stuff - nice glow to your whole face. I said GLOW, not shimmer nor glitter (nothing like BB Shimmerbricks or Becca shimmering pressed powder, that are quite obvious).
The magic of this product is that this glow is barely noticeable, you can tell only if you go very very close to your skin , but the others, from a distance, will not notice.
They will only notice that you look nice and polished, without wearing any obvious glittering makeup. That's the reason why I like the Météorites!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by geriberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this in Sephora Favorites Glitz & Glam Shimmer and Shine Deluxe Sampler (what a mouthful). The little pearls of powder are really cute. I really like how this product looks on my skin. I'm wearing it in my profile picture all over my face. I think I'll only be applying this to my cheeks in the future as it's just a tiny bit too sparkly for my tastes to be applied all over.

I don't mind the smell at all, I almost like it in fact. Reminds me of roses, and I usually don't like roses.

However! The packaging is horrible. Google image search this product and look at how the lid and container are designed. The lid kind of slides over the container. Every time I've opened this the powder that has collected between the lid and container goes everywhere! The sample size's packaging is plastic, and apparently the full sized packaging is cardboard! How cheap! I'm going to put this stuff in a shallow powder jar with a twist lid. I think that might work out better.

I have a feeling this sample size is going to last me a long time, and at $53 for the full 1.2 oz size I don't think I'll be repurchasing unless they change the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by MaryBulychev

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The very best powder for me. Somehow it makes my huge pores less visible. Mattifies, unifies and smoothes the complexion. No allergy, no breakouts. Gives a nice glow from within. Very expensive, but lasts for years. Nice old-fashion package. Definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

great highlighter. i used to own the mystic and the pink fresh one and wasn't too wowed by any of them and swapped them away. mystic didn't show on me no matter how many times i layered it and pink fresh..although it was pretty didn't wow me for the price since i felt it was a typical blush. beige chic is great tho because you can swipe it all over your face or just on your cheeks and it actually shows up. gives a nice glow to your whole face. not shimmery or sparkly just a nice glow. i got mine in the 2009 sephora favorites glitz and glam that my friend sent me. so i'm not too fond of the price for the full size one.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by glitzandglam25

I have never been one to be completely put off by a product's smell until this product. I'm thinking Guerlain was trying to have this smell like roses, but it's cloyingly sweet. It doesn't help that this product does not blow me by any means. Actually, I can hardly see them product on my skin except for the random glitter specks which are not exactly flattering. Overall, this isn't the worst product I've tried, but I'd never waste my money on it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by rwashecheck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I understand I'm the only one, but I detest this.

Right from the get-go, I object. This is the most inefficient and frivolously packaged item I can imagine. It takes up most of my makeup kit. It looks like a spilling hazard. It's hard to use, because the silly little balls slide around like oiled mice.

If you get past that and actually decide to use the product, you have to deal with the smell. It smells like old ladies at a funeral. Roses, powder, and something sort of like old perfume in a musty fur. So hideous.

If all of that isn't an issue, you're left with the product itself, which doesn't do anything for my skin but leave behind a weird, powdered, made-up look.

I hate this. I'm sorry, Guerlain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am in love with this! It gives me such a nice glow. I pair this with bronzer and NARS orgasm. Love, Love, LOVE! Hate the price but I'm pretty sure I can make this last a long time. I don't mind the smell either. But was a little surprised on how strong it was. I can't believe how long it took me to find this. Definite repurchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

This is a nice powder, works really well and looks nice. I like it. The quality is fantastic and I think it will last me forever. Is it amazing? No. Will it transform your face? No. Will it make you glow from within? No. But it is really nice, and does give your face a nice finish. I think there is too much hype surrounding this product, and you could probably get something just as nice, if not better (without fragrance), for less. I also own Mythic Parfait in the pressed version, and I would say the same about that. The balls are fun to use. :) And I don't mind the packaging - cardboard doesn't bother me. There is too much plastic in this world.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by ctall119

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Definately the prettiest glowy finishing powder that I have ever owned! Applied lightly with a round brush, all over, this powder provides a SUBTLE glow-from-within etheral sort of look. Nothing TOO noticable, which is another HUGE plus in my book, and not over the top with shimmer or glitter. Another plus! Gorgeous results when used as a finishing product!