December 19, 2014 | 854 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by mimimichelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was on a mission to find a bb cream for my uber oily skin. ALL of them were so heavy, my oil production would make it lift and crack. (It was not pretty). While asking a SR about Lancome Tient Idol the rep said her daughter (with similar problems) uses this serum as a moisturizer! And despite ALL my research, I never heard of using a serum that way. Well, she was right. You can feel right away that it goes on silky and feels like it sucks up all the excess oil immediately. Smells fruity & wonderful - which I love. Other people may not enjoy. I use this every morning after I shower and it has helped prevent my skin from breaking out AND help keep the oil away mostly the whole day (which was more than anything else I used). It helped my skin so much while using it, that when I did run out, finally (it took over 5 months to finish the small jar), I broke out - something FIERCE! Needless to say I went running back to pick some up! Now, I cannot live without. My ONLY issue is the price. It's a splurge for me (-1 lippie). But it's so worth it.

Good Luck finding the right product for you. It was a long road for me to find what worked for me. I went through so many different products before I found this & now I cannot live without. You should also know that as my quest for 'perfect matte skin' continues. But currently & for some time I have been using the EL Idealist PM in the am, MyPrime Mattifying Moisturizer (only if I need extra moisture, usually in the winter), Benefit Stay Flawless 15 hour Primer (stick form), and Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation. I RARELY need to touch up. (I used to touch up within less than 4 hours with everything else). I love everything about the regime right now. Hope it helps you finding your own.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by lalaapop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh dear.
I wanted this to work so much but it really doesn't. My pores did not become smaller because of this, at all. After this failed to impress me, I decided to try out Etude House's Wonder Pore Freshner (a toner) and THAT, which is considerably cheaper than this product, helped to reduce my pore size albeit not drastically.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by giantspacemoth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this as a birthday treat for myself while bumbling through Debenhams one day, paused a bit too long at the EL counter and promptly got jumped on by an eager young assistant. 'errmm.. have you got anything that makes pores go away?' led me to purchase a small bottle of Idealist.
It smells light and fresh, makes my annoying combo skin feel very silky smooth all over, and a little goes a long way (which you would expect from something so eye-wateringly expensive). It does indeed minimise my pores which I found impressive considering the size of some of them. This isn't a surgical or chemical peel equivalent so of course the effect is temporary but I enjoy applying this product every morning.
As far as other makeup goes it does seem to be very compatible. I put Idealist on a clean face, then moisturiser (Palmer's cocoa butter), then my foundation (YSL Teint Eclat BR10), then powder (Loreal True Match). It makes a noticeable difference in how smoothly everything else goes on, and how long it all stays on my face. Best of all, no more horrible shiny patches until at least mid afternoon. Hurrah! I shall definitely purchase more when this bottle - which is only half empty after 4 months - has run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I will start off by saying that I don't have problems with large pores, I mainly just bought this because it made my skin so silky and works as a great serum/primer. Now, I will say that a little goes a long way and I feel like using too much can cause clogged pores/breakouts. Other than that, using a small amount creates a smooth, soft surface for makeup.

EDIT: I'm pretty positive that this is causing me to break out. Everywhere on my face. Sad day :(

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Hycinth

Useless pricey product done nothing to my open pores. It is very expensive and I feel I am just paying for the silicone, which is top ingredient, I had tried use it for 2 months and it did nothing to my skin.
It will be good as make up primer due to it's silicone base.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 7:43:00 AM More reviews by AnitaMarlene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

So expensive but it works so well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Quailie

I buy this when I can afford it, but it's so expensive. For me, it is the ONLY thing that will stop my skin being rough and flaky when it's been in the cold, or I've applied too much acne product and wrecked it. It is almost instaneously healing, and it works on ravaged lips too. I know that may not be the point of it, but it does it amazingly well. Amazingly. It is a nice smoothy base for foundation, but too expensive to use every day for that reason. I prefer that Bourjois pot for pore-minimising. But I'd rather buy heaps and heaps of this because it is a skin perfecter in every way.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product. My skin is dry-sensitive yet acne prone so I already had reservations to using a product that was formulated for "all skin types". Here's my experience:

It smells very fresh and lemony which was fun to use. Packaging was also lovely.

My skin does feel quite smooth after applying the product.

My pores don't seem to be diminishing as the product claims.

1 week later: BREAKOUT CITY! And my breakouts are always in the same spots where I produce access sebum oil (chin and forehead) and I know have them on my cheeks which is not normal at all. I'm pretty sure this is from the product.

Sadly, I will be returning this and not repurchasing. This product will probably work for others but not for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

So I used it for more than a year. My skin is dehydrated but still mixed.

It works but TEMPORARILY. It does make skin smooth, matte and pores appear smaller-until you wash it off. It didnt clog my pores, it has nice silicon-y consistency, smells good.

It useless, the pore minimizer from BIODERMA is much better, this one have fancy packaging and its overpriced. Thats all.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

I haven't really noticed the pore minimizing effect that this product is supposed to have. I don't really see this as a product that I would add to a skincare routine.