October 22, 2014 | 1801 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by giantspacemoth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this as a birthday treat for myself while bumbling through Debenhams one day, paused a bit too long at the EL counter and promptly got jumped on by an eager young assistant. 'errmm.. have you got anything that makes pores go away?' led me to purchase a small bottle of Idealist.
It smells light and fresh, makes my annoying combo skin feel very silky smooth all over, and a little goes a long way (which you would expect from something so eye-wateringly expensive). It does indeed minimise my pores which I found impressive considering the size of some of them. This isn't a surgical or chemical peel equivalent so of course the effect is temporary but I enjoy applying this product every morning.
As far as other makeup goes it does seem to be very compatible. I put Idealist on a clean face, then moisturiser (Palmer's cocoa butter), then my foundation (YSL Teint Eclat BR10), then powder (Loreal True Match). It makes a noticeable difference in how smoothly everything else goes on, and how long it all stays on my face. Best of all, no more horrible shiny patches until at least mid afternoon. Hurrah! I shall definitely purchase more when this bottle - which is only half empty after 4 months - has run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I will start off by saying that I don't have problems with large pores, I mainly just bought this because it made my skin so silky and works as a great serum/primer. Now, I will say that a little goes a long way and I feel like using too much can cause clogged pores/breakouts. Other than that, using a small amount creates a smooth, soft surface for makeup.

EDIT: I'm pretty positive that this is causing me to break out. Everywhere on my face. Sad day :(

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Hycinth

Useless pricey product done nothing to my open pores. It is very expensive and I feel I am just paying for the silicone, which is top ingredient, I had tried use it for 2 months and it did nothing to my skin.
It will be good as make up primer due to it's silicone base.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 7:43:00 AM More reviews by AnitaMarlene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

So expensive but it works so well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Quailie

I buy this when I can afford it, but it's so expensive. For me, it is the ONLY thing that will stop my skin being rough and flaky when it's been in the cold, or I've applied too much acne product and wrecked it. It is almost instaneously healing, and it works on ravaged lips too. I know that may not be the point of it, but it does it amazingly well. Amazingly. It is a nice smoothy base for foundation, but too expensive to use every day for that reason. I prefer that Bourjois pot for pore-minimising. But I'd rather buy heaps and heaps of this because it is a skin perfecter in every way.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product. My skin is dry-sensitive yet acne prone so I already had reservations to using a product that was formulated for "all skin types". Here's my experience:

It smells very fresh and lemony which was fun to use. Packaging was also lovely.

My skin does feel quite smooth after applying the product.

My pores don't seem to be diminishing as the product claims.

1 week later: BREAKOUT CITY! And my breakouts are always in the same spots where I produce access sebum oil (chin and forehead) and I know have them on my cheeks which is not normal at all. I'm pretty sure this is from the product.

Sadly, I will be returning this and not repurchasing. This product will probably work for others but not for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

So I used it for more than a year. My skin is dehydrated but still mixed.

It works but TEMPORARILY. It does make skin smooth, matte and pores appear smaller-until you wash it off. It didnt clog my pores, it has nice silicon-y consistency, smells good.

It useless, the pore minimizer from BIODERMA is much better, this one have fancy packaging and its overpriced. Thats all.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

I haven't really noticed the pore minimizing effect that this product is supposed to have. I don't really see this as a product that I would add to a skincare routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by carolinelovesbunnies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I have been using it for a few years now and continue to repurchase it. I apply it after cleansing my skin in the morning, before moisturising. The lightly lemon scent is so nice and goes well with the light texture of an airy lotion. It goes on smoothly and leaves my skin much more smooth to the touch. It helps balance my skin by reducing my oils and supplementing my hydration. I think it helps keep my pores less blocked. This is not to be confused with providing the miracle of never having blocked pores, but my pores are less clogged overall when I use this regularly. Best of all is that this refinisher has never disagreed with my skin. It has never caused blemishes, or rough/dry patches or irritation. I rely on this in my daily skincare routine, in every season. I highly recommend this to every skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2013 7:17:00 AM More reviews by CclH

After looking through Pore minimising products i decided to try Estee Lauder Pore Minimizer. Unfortunatly i felt rather let down :-(. I have been using religiously after a bath/shower before bed alongside cleansing etc for a month & nothing!!

While i have been using i have only applied mascarra as my makeup, no face powders or foundations....I had high hopes but NO changes or improvements! skin does feel a little smoother after first applying but it doesnt last very long for me.

On the search again for something that works ............