Redken Align 12 protective straightening lotion

3.8

Aqua Water , Propylene Glycol , Dimethicone , Alcohol Denat. , Polyacrylamide , Paraffinum Liquidum Mineral Oil , Vinyl Caprolactam/VP/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacryla, Petrolatum , C13-14 Isoparaffin , Parfum Fragrance , Phenoxyethanol , Laureth-7 , Methylparaben , Sodium Benzoate , Disodiium EDTA , Ethylparaben , Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Linalool , Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone , Coumarin , Citric Acid , Glucosamine HCL , Xylose , Oleth-10 , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde , Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate , Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl Methacry , Lecithin , Phosphoric Acid , Polyquaternium-10

on 1/30/2012 11:30:00 AM

I'm not a fan of Redken products, and this product is where it started. I used this a while ago, & it never did anything for my hair. It made it poofy & dull. This doesn't help with blowdrying/flat ironing at all. I've used way better products from Walmart. Don't waste your money on this. It also smells weird, like chemicals. I will never buy this again.

on 11/5/2011 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this in april 2011 used it AFTER I blown dried my hair big NO-NO let my hair sticky and straw like I thought I used to much (I have waist lenght hair) so I tried again wuth a pea size amount same problem. Seven months later I pickd it up again and read the instuctions lol. I used it on my damp hair about a pump started mid lenght to tips and the rest on the top blow dried it with almost no frizz and cut my straightning by half!! I use this with redken satinwear let it set on my towel dry hair wait two minues and then apply align and comb through blow dry then straightner and I have the most soft shiny fiz free hair ever. Truly a HG.

on 11/3/2011 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

its alright , ive used better. and it has alcohol in it -____- ew

on 10/31/2011 10:12:00 PM

if you have coarse, curly/wavy, frizzy hair. buy this!! i don't use this on myself because my hair isn't quite coarse enough BUT! i do use this on my clients a lot and it honestly saves so much time and effort. it makes the frizziest of hair smooth and so shiny. truly transforms your hair and most of the time eliminates the need for a flat iron which is a pretty big deal if you're worried about damaging your hair. i don't mind the packaging until i get to the very end and i know there's still a good amount of product left. a customer told me she just broke the top off and scooped product out! the price is eh. pretty steep but this stuff lasts if you use it right.

on 9/13/2011 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

2.5 lippies. This didn't really do anything spectacular for me. The first issue was that classic Redken scent- powdery and heavy. It did melt in like other balms I've tried. Some frizz control. A little more curl left at the roots than I would have liked (this might work for wavy girls that want to keep that texture). Probably the most disappointing factor was that I only got 2 days out of my style. Granted, that late 2nd day hair was nice, but normally I'm 3, even a 4 day-er in good weather. I got better results with Redken's Sheer Straight 06.

on 8/9/2011 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Wasn't sure I would like this product, but now I can't live without it. It not only helps tame my hair when flat ironed, but it dries much more evenly with little frizz. When I want to keep things more natural, this keeps my natural wave looking fresh and defined while still cutting down the frizz. Smells divine and lasts a LONG time.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Awesome!!! I have thick, naturally wavy hair, and this product does a multitude of things. Controls frizz. Smells freakin GOOD. And straightens amazingly. Because of Align 12 I don't have to spend half an hour flat ironing. It takes 10-15 minutes at MOST. Only thing I'm not crazy about is the price. But... I have a bottle that I bought in December 2010, so I think I got my money's worth.

on 6/18/2011 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wasn't sure what to expect so I bought a trial size. I straighten my hair and I desire something that will protect it as well as smooth and straighten but yet give me body & a little bit of texture. I know I am asking alot since I have dry, heavily bleached, frizzy hair and want that Aniston looking head of hair. Alot of products just leave me with stringy, greasy, flat strands. Really pleased with the overall result and also that it's easy to get & isn't super spendy. Highly recommend. Edit: got lots of compliments on my hair last nite!!!

on 5/3/2011 11:48:00 PM

I use this to do my blow dry with a large round brush. It gives great hold and body. My style lasts all day and I don't need to use hairspray at all!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have thick and frizzy hair and Align 12 is the ONLY product that tamed my wild lion mane! the ONLY one! seriously! I am so not kidding! I have tried Paul Mitchell, Nexxus, Matrix, TIGI, Rusk, you name it....
This product is worth every penny! seriously! if this ever got discontinued i think i would be so heartbroken!