July 25, 2014 | 983 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Align 12 protective straightening lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by stephanieee

if you have coarse, curly/wavy, frizzy hair. buy this!! i don't use this on myself because my hair isn't quite coarse enough BUT! i do use this on my clients a lot and it honestly saves so much time and effort. it makes the frizziest of hair smooth and so shiny. truly transforms your hair and most of the time eliminates the need for a flat iron which is a pretty big deal if you're worried about damaging your hair. i don't mind the packaging until i get to the very end and i know there's still a good amount of product left. a customer told me she just broke the top off and scooped product out! the price is eh. pretty steep but this stuff lasts if you use it right.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Remykat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

2.5 lippies. This didn't really do anything spectacular for me. The first issue was that classic Redken scent- powdery and heavy. It did melt in like other balms I've tried. Some frizz control. A little more curl left at the roots than I would have liked (this might work for wavy girls that want to keep that texture). Probably the most disappointing factor was that I only got 2 days out of my style. Granted, that late 2nd day hair was nice, but normally I'm 3, even a 4 day-er in good weather. I got better results with Redken's Sheer Straight 06.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by robotloove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wasn't sure I would like this product, but now I can't live without it. It not only helps tame my hair when flat ironed, but it dries much more evenly with little frizz. When I want to keep things more natural, this keeps my natural wave looking fresh and defined while still cutting down the frizz. Smells divine and lasts a LONG time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Shoppingisasport

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Awesome!!! I have thick, naturally wavy hair, and this product does a multitude of things. Controls frizz. Smells freakin GOOD. And straightens amazingly. Because of Align 12 I don't have to spend half an hour flat ironing. It takes 10-15 minutes at MOST. Only thing I'm not crazy about is the price. But... I have a bottle that I bought in December 2010, so I think I got my money's worth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by VioletBick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wasn't sure what to expect so I bought a trial size. I straighten my hair and I desire something that will protect it as well as smooth and straighten but yet give me body & a little bit of texture. I know I am asking alot since I have dry, heavily bleached, frizzy hair and want that Aniston looking head of hair. Alot of products just leave me with stringy, greasy, flat strands. Really pleased with the overall result and also that it's easy to get & isn't super spendy. Highly recommend. Edit: got lots of compliments on my hair last nite!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by lclc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this to do my blow dry with a large round brush. It gives great hold and body. My style lasts all day and I don't need to use hairspray at all!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 10:01:00 AM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

I have thick and frizzy hair and Align 12 is the ONLY product that tamed my wild lion mane! the ONLY one! seriously! I am so not kidding! I have tried Paul Mitchell, Nexxus, Matrix, TIGI, Rusk, you name it....
This product is worth every penny! seriously! if this ever got discontinued i think i would be so heartbroken!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by rocketinthesky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, let me say that I freaking love the packaging on this product. It is extremely convenient in getting the last little bits of the product left in the container!
Now, this lotion/serum type product is for people with frizzy, thick, hair, because the number on Redken styling products indicates the hold for the product. Now, my hair isn't naturally curly, or very frizzy, but I was looking for a different heat protectant that wasn't a spray, because those became too much of a hassle. I bought this at my local salon, because they were having a 30% off sale, and how could I resist that? I only paid $15 for this wonderful product! What a deal ;)
This product comes out very creamy, and has a very perfumy scent, as with all Redken products, but it doesn't linger very long or clash with any other scents (which is great). What I do is take 1 pump, and then distribute it throughout my hair. After I'm done blow-drying, my hair seriously feels like SILK. I am in love with this stuff! My fly-aways are tamed, and after straightening, my ends no longer get that weird, fried, squiggly look they did before.
Will repurchase.

edit: I accidentally stepped on this, and the pump came RIGHT off, so now I have to scoop product out. The pump also comes off very easily just by taking off the lid. Please fix the packaging, Redken. this stuff is seriously amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by jfing01

I love this product! I have tried many products to help tame my frizz prone, very fine but lots of it hair. Coming into a few days of rain in a row I was panicking that my hair was going to be a frizzy mess. I washed with Redken Smoothdown and Conditioned with the Butter Treat treatment in the tub and then applied smooth down serum and this align 12 which I had a sample of. OMG! My hair stayed straight through the 3 days of rain and high humidity. I was amazed. Also amazed as I ususally have to wash every second day as if I stretch to a third my roots get greasy. With this I had a great third day, which is unheard of for me.
Will be going out and purchasing a full size today!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by rosekiss16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not sure if I love Align 12, I bought a travel size to test it out this week. It def calms down my curly frizzy hair but it didn't make it smooth or soft enough. I usually use Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum and I thought it was getting too heavy for me but now I might go back to using that because of the humid weather. I will use the rest of my travel size Align and maybe use a little more in my hair next time.