July 30, 2014 | 1785 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Bobbi Brown - Tinted Moisturizer - New Formula 2011

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by raisinbagels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Works like a tinted moisturizer but can provide quite decent coverage if used with a kabuki brush, depends on your application technique. I usually used this as a base and then follow up with a concealor on my zits or hyperpigmentation. In terms of performance, it is nothing special or groundbreaking, something you can expect from a high-end cosmetics brand.

I use the oil-free formula as I have oily skin, it dries quite matte but I still have to use an oil blotter perhaps after about 5 hours. Decent staying power.

Only really good thing I can think of: It hasn't broken me out (yet).

However, I think it works just OKAY, and is really just an average...definitely not worth the price at all - paid $63 in Singapore. I will not repurchase because I'm confident I can get a similar (or even better product) for cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by ceen

Misnamed: definitely delivers as a foundation and not a TM. Shades tend to oxidize and darken post-application as skin warms up. Sits on top of skin creating a 'made-up' look. Prone to transferring. What's to like?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by ammasprajna

This is a "best product" on Beautypedia, so I bought a tube at Nordstrom, as I was looking for a light coverage foundation with spf that would leave my skin feeling slightly hydrated. This fit the bill perfectly. I was told that this is a NEW FORMULA AS OF MID-2011, so perhaps some of the older reviews here might not be applicable.

I have very pale skin and was matched to the "Alabaster" shade, which matches me perfectly. It dries to a nice matte, yet SLIGHTLY dewy finish and looks ridiculously natural. It's really just what I was looking for. I look like I don't have foundation on, and like I have gorgeous skin.

It's a little on the expensive side, so I didn't want to use a sponge or brush to apply it. It would probably blend best with a slightly damp sponge, but I use my fingers. It doesn't have much "slip" to it, so it doesn't spread as silky and smooth as other foundations, but that also means that it has great staying power and doesn't melt off my face. I got the hang of the texture and find it works best to put a dime-sized amount in my left palm and use the fingers of my right hand to dot and blend it in. Once it's blended it looks lovely and I will definitely buy again, especially because of the broad-sspectrum spf. Love!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by chechi

the TM i have has an spf15. it is fairly pricey (~$40) but it leaves a fairly matte finish which I really like especially in the summer. It also provides decent coverage and evens out my skin tone well.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2011 5:41:00 AM More reviews by ChanelNo19

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Totally gutted. Previous formulation was my HG but this is just not the same. Colours are totally different and aside from that consistency is different also.

I was Light Tint before and now that's too dark and Extra Light Tint is too pale and doesn't provide any coverage at all.

I also preferred the previous packaging as the tube was shorter and fit in a little make-up bag for when I went out. Sales assistants told me that lots of people complained about the previous packaging as it leaked. I never had any problems with it but I don't care about the packaging really if it's a good product.

Really annoyed also that when I bought this and commented on the new packaging the assistant at the Bobbi counter didn't mention that formulation or colours had changed. I didn't try it out before buying because I thought it was the same product I already owned.

If anybody from BB keeps an eye on reviews here please please switch back to the old formulation.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by hambo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

For some reason this was sold at Holt Renfrew without any ingredients list, neither on the packaging or inside the box. The SA assured me this didn't have silicones in it. Turns out the second ingredient is a silicone, which my skin hates in large doses. After two days of wearing this I started to break out with deep, large pimples. My skin is normally very clear. Only products heavy with silicones give me these kinds of pimples.

I was matched to "Light Tint". When first applied it's wearable (a touch too dark perhaps) but this oxidizes a lot, becoming more orange toned and dark over time. After it oxidizes my skin tone looks ruddy and uneven. Terrible!

It wasn't hydrating either. The tube packaging is nice. That's about the only good thing I can say about this.

In short: pore clogging and oxidizes to an unflattering colour for me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Benzgirl79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This WAS HG for me for a very long time until it was reformulated. I turned to it years ago when I was fed up with trying to find a foundation to match my fair, yellow undertoned-skin that was sensitive, dry and combo, this stuff was great for so long.

However, the new formulation is a disaster for me. Let me count thy ways:

1) The colors have changed, I was "medium" but now the medium is a deep dark yellow on me (hello jaundice!). There is a light-to-medium color but that's too light and chalky.
2) Speaking of chalky, the old formula used to dry to a nice, dewey finish (sometimes a little too much at times, I'll be honest) but the new formulation dries to a dull, powdery finish which exaggerates my already dry nose and cheeks.
3) The old formula was more of a light, dewey foundation on me than it was a tinted moisturizer. I feel like this is way thinner with ZERO coverage. I used to use my skunk brush to blend the old formula but the new formulation just streaks across my face, like a cheap sunscreen.
4. The old formula was the ONLY moisturizer I used or needed, the new formula doesn't feel like it moisturizes at all, in fact, I felt it was rather drying.
5. The old formula stayed put ALL day for me, even when I ran outside in 100 degrees in the summertime, this stuff stayed put. Since I could barely see this one my face, I don't even know if it was staying on all day because it never looked like I had anything on, it was invisible.

I tried the new formula in both the regular and the new oil-free variant. For me, the oil-free was the worse of the two because it was way too matte, which would probably be ideal for oilier types.

The price is still $40 a tube which I never used to flinch at in the past because it was so wonderful but unfortunately, I returned both versions back to the store. The search continues for the perfect TM...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by melinda_

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

+++This is for the regular (with oil) TM. ++++

I just switched to this from LM TM. LM changed their formula and now it's just awful.

The color is SO much better than LM's. In LM, I had to mix two shades because the nude was too orange/dark and the porcelain was too light. I was okay doing that, because their product was fabulous, but since they've changed it I decided to find another TM.

I think BB is that TM. The lightest color matches my pale/medium skin exactly, which is no small feat. Colors are always too dark or orange (why do they think blondes have orange skin??). I was so surprised how this matched, I seriously don't look like I have makeup on, but at the same time my skin looks so much nicer. The color is such a good match that it looks so natural.

It's thin and blends so easily and it is not a big oil slick of glob sitting on my skin like the LM became after they changed their product. It reallly reminds me EXACTLY of the LM BEFORE they changed it, but the color is better because it's yellow based and not orange based.

I'll update if it breaks me out.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Hedd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really had to try the tinted moisturizer new formula since it had very good reviews. The color match is great, but the coverage is not there. I didn't even out my skin or cover the basic redness around the nose. I tried building coverage by layering to no avail. Unfortunately, this has to be returned.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by ajwhite1003

This is my favorite product in my makeup bag. I switch between using this and a powder foundation. I love the glow it gives me and that it looks so much more natural than liquid foundation while still giving me some coverage. I use the medium tint. I love this and I've used this for about 5 years now.