For some reason this was sold at Holt Renfrew without any ingredients list, neither on the packaging or inside the box. The SA assured me this didn't have silicones in it. Turns out the second ingredient is a silicone, which my skin hates in large doses. After two days of wearing this I started to break out with deep, large pimples. My skin is normally very clear. Only products heavy with silicones give me these kinds of pimples.
I was matched to "Light Tint". When first applied it's wearable (a touch too dark perhaps) but this oxidizes a lot, becoming more orange toned and dark over time. After it oxidizes my skin tone looks ruddy and uneven. Terrible!
It wasn't hydrating either. The tube packaging is nice. That's about the only good thing I can say about this.
In short: pore clogging and oxidizes to an unflattering colour for me.
This WAS HG for me for a very long time until it was reformulated. I turned to it years ago when I was fed up with trying to find a foundation to match my fair, yellow undertoned-skin that was sensitive, dry and combo, this stuff was great for so long.
However, the new formulation is a disaster for me. Let me count thy ways:
1) The colors have changed, I was "medium" but now the medium is a deep dark yellow on me (hello jaundice!). There is a light-to-medium color but that's too light and chalky.
2) Speaking of chalky, the old formula used to dry to a nice, dewey finish (sometimes a little too much at times, I'll be honest) but the new formulation dries to a dull, powdery finish which exaggerates my already dry nose and cheeks.
3) The old formula was more of a light, dewey foundation on me than it was a tinted moisturizer. I feel like this is way thinner with ZERO coverage. I used to use my skunk brush to blend the old formula but the new formulation just streaks across my face, like a cheap sunscreen.
4. The old formula was the ONLY moisturizer I used or needed, the new formula doesn't feel like it moisturizes at all, in fact, I felt it was rather drying.
5. The old formula stayed put ALL day for me, even when I ran outside in 100 degrees in the summertime, this stuff stayed put. Since I could barely see this one my face, I don't even know if it was staying on all day because it never looked like I had anything on, it was invisible.
I tried the new formula in both the regular and the new oil-free variant. For me, the oil-free was the worse of the two because it was way too matte, which would probably be ideal for oilier types.
The price is still $40 a tube which I never used to flinch at in the past because it was so wonderful but unfortunately, I returned both versions back to the store. The search continues for the perfect TM...
+++This is for the regular (with oil) TM. ++++
I just switched to this from LM TM. LM changed their formula and now it's just awful.
The color is SO much better than LM's. In LM, I had to mix two shades because the nude was too orange/dark and the porcelain was too light. I was okay doing that, because their product was fabulous, but since they've changed it I decided to find another TM.
I think BB is that TM. The lightest color matches my pale/medium skin exactly, which is no small feat. Colors are always too dark or orange (why do they think blondes have orange skin??). I was so surprised how this matched, I seriously don't look like I have makeup on, but at the same time my skin looks so much nicer. The color is such a good match that it looks so natural.
It's thin and blends so easily and it is not a big oil slick of glob sitting on my skin like the LM became after they changed their product. It reallly reminds me EXACTLY of the LM BEFORE they changed it, but the color is better because it's yellow based and not orange based.
I'll update if it breaks me out.
I really had to try the tinted moisturizer new formula since it had very good reviews. The color match is great, but the coverage is not there. I didn't even out my skin or cover the basic redness around the nose. I tried building coverage by layering to no avail. Unfortunately, this has to be returned.
This is my favorite product in my makeup bag. I switch between using this and a powder foundation. I love the glow it gives me and that it looks so much more natural than liquid foundation while still giving me some coverage. I use the medium tint. I love this and I've used this for about 5 years now.
This tinted-moisturiser didnt work for me and let my skin very dry. Didnt blend well and i could see my flackes showing through! Won't buy it again.
I would have to say that this is a great option for someone with dry skin. When I wear it, it feels as though it never really sets, and my face is a tad too dewey. Nice in the dead of winter, but not other seasons. It is quite comfortable, and the shades are very easy to wear. Many of Bobbi Brown's foundations are of high quality, and extremely natural looking. I have also worn the Skin, and tried the newer oil-free TM, which I feel is a better option for most times of the year. Foundation is the only makeup item that I will splurge for without question, in order to get it just right. All of the makeup artists that work for BB are every knowledgeable and helpful, and make that job easy!
I received a sample of this at a Bobbi brown counter because I wanted to make sure I was spending 40 dollars on the right product. I'm glad I did! Though this has nice texture and nice coverage, it irritated my skin. I have slightly sensitive skin, so I imagine this won't work for you if you have really sensitive skin...