August 21, 2014 | 1575 users online

Liquid - Revlon - Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 15 for Dry Skin

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2011 7:46:00 AM More reviews by TwiceBlessed

This stuff is too watery for me. Comes off easily, no lasting finish at all. It is a strange consistency and I'm just not fond of it. Not for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by mindylynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have dry sensitive skin and so far, after all my years of searching.. this is the best yet I have found. Very watery and you don't need much. Covers blemishes and does its job without being cakey and thick. Truely feels like your skin.

Like all makeup though.. make sure you remove it nightly!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am just having NO luck finding a foundation i like. I've tested many H/E foundations and while many feel great, i havenít found one i like in terms of color. D/S products are so much cheaper and this product has gotten many good reviews, so i bought a bottle.
First, i applied primer. Then, after shaking the bottle well, i dabbed on this foundation, smoothing and evening with a brush. It seems to go on OK, no big complaints. I donít mind too much that there is no pump. Still, a pump bottle would be more sanitary, but probably cause a price increase, and this is already pricey for a DS foundation.
PROS
none, really - it isn't even inexpensive.
CONS
1.) I canít find a color that works - same problem i have with H/E. Ivory 01 is fair enough, but way too pink. Bare Buff 02 was too dark and too yellow. Grumble, grumble.
2.) Texture is a bit flat. It isn't as dewy or moisturizing as i would like. It looks painted on.
3.) Ouch! It irritates my eyes. Every H/E foundation i tested has been fine with my eyes. But without fail every time i wear this foundation it makes my eyes BURN.
To sum up: application is satisfactory; but texture and colors are not, plus burning eyes mean i will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by mightymcownage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this for $11 because I love the Age Defying concealer and thought maybe the foundation would be just as good. But this foundation just won't last on me and it breaks me out. I got the shade 01 Fresh Ivory. I also wear MUFE HD in 110 and Revlon CS in Ivory. This matches my skin pretty well, but because it's moisturizing and has a dewy finish, it only lasts 4, maybe 5 hours. Even with my Urban Decay All Nighter spray, it evaporates and leaves my skin dry. My skin is already dry. That's the whole reason I tried this foundation, so I'm not happy. I'll have to see what it does with a primer underneath it, though. You'll definitely need a concealer to use with it, because the coverage isn't great.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2010 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Judeanna

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the dewy finish on my mature, dry complexion. I found a color, Nude Beige, flattering to my fair skin tone. This color has a slight pinkish-beige undertone, but is a slightly warm pink rather than a cool, blue undertone. The Ivory was too pale and the Buff too brownish/yellow.

I would describe this as a light to medium coverage foundation, best suited for women with dry skin needing a base to even out their skin tone. I wouldn't recommend it for someone needing major coverage or who prefers a matte finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Luckyboy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well I would like it if I could find it in the correct skin color. I used to wear Revlon's Touch and Glow in Cramy Ivory and it was perfect. Fresh Ivory is too pale,Bare Buff too yellow and Nude Beige too dark. It has a nice weight to it and is moisturizing but I can't find the right color so I am looking for something else.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2010 1:08:00 AM More reviews by KillerSnow

This product was God awful!
Absolutely NO coverage, when you put it on - whether it be with a sponge or your finger - it doesn't dry and looks oily and feels sticky. It leaves transfer on anything and barely lasts an hour of wearing.
Do NOT buy this product.
It is a waste of money!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by teanut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

After trying 2 Maybelline foundation (Instant Age Rewind and Superstay) with poor results (too much coverage), I was starting to lose hope on DS brands providing natural looking skin. I am so glad I tried Revlon's Age Defying Makeup for Dry Skin. During the summer, I am an NC30, and I found that Natural Beige was a suitable color for me. It was still a little on the peachy side, but not by much. I used moisturizer, then primer on the T-zone, before stippling on the make-up. I am very satisfied with the results! It makes a lot of sense to make different products geared towards different skin types. To note, the SPF protection is through mineral SPF agents, which worked well for my allergy-prone skin. The make-up was also easier to remove than Instant Rewind and Superstay. My only complaint is the packaging. Like others, I wish there was a pump.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

I feel like I am using something totally different from all the previous reviews.

First, let me back up. Iím not usually the kind of person who wears foundation on a regular basis. My skin is usually clear, and I am young, so I usually use a TM with some concealer and call it good.

However, lately I have had some acne problems (hormonal, I think) and I was in need of more coverage until I nurse my skin back to health. I chose this because of the good reviews, because it is a ďPaulaís PickĒ from her book (Donít go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me) and lastly, because I have heard such great things on the boards about Revlon foundation in general. I chose this over the Color Stay for 2 reasons, 1 because it looked like a better color match, and 2 I was scared of the heavy coverage of CS and because itís hard to remove. I choose the Dry Skin formula because I am using a benzyl peroxide treatment to help reduce the acne, and it dries out my skin a lot.

I really had trouble with application. I tried my fingers, a brush, a dry sponge a wet sponge. It seemed to always appear streaky and it seemed to exasperate my pores and dry patches Ė opposite of what it claims to do. The coverage was pretty sheer as well Ė it didnít really cover up the dark spots where my acne is healing. It does dry to a semi-matte powdery finish, and it goes on much lighter then it appears in the bottle. Honestly, if I only needed this kind of sheer coverage, I would stick to my TM, which I feel actually does something to help add moisture, because this surely didnít, and because it wonít streak. I tried layering it to get more coverage, but I just kept getting more streaks, and the more I tried to buff it out, it just seemed to wipe away because it had started to dry/settle quickly.

The packing is annoying, the claims are totally false, and itís a little on the pricey side for a DS foundation, which wouldnít bother me if it actually worked.

In all, I am pretty disappointed. I got this last week, and I am going to return it already and I think I will give the classic color stay a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by algebra101

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got it in color 01 - Fresh Ivory. I like it so far. Great coverage, light, and stays all day. Does not dry my skin. I wish the packaging was little more user friendly - like dispenser or pump.