April 24, 2014 | 1924 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Instant Heat 3/4 inch Curling Iron

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 7:01:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, let me first start by saying that I have always, ALWAYS, purchased expensive curling irons from Sally's, believing them to be of superior quality and having higher heat settings (I have super coarse thick hair that requires high heat setting in order to take a curl quickly). Never again will I spend over $20-$30 on a curling iron, when this Conair is available for $9.99!!! I purchased one in the 1/2 inch barrel size, and one in the 3/4 inch barrel size to touch up and refine my naturally curly hair. When I purchased these, I was sure they wouldn't get hot enough for my super heat resistant hair...well I was wrong. They are actually BETTER than some of my other way more expensive curling irons, and that's not even using the "turbo heat" button, which adds even MORE heat. This baby gets hot in 30 seconds too! Doesn't damage my hair any more than the proff. tourmaline irons either. Excellent curling irons, and I can't believe they cost so little. Will stick with Conair from now on!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 7:09:00 PM More reviews by maybeiloveyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of the reviews here, and it DOES work well and gives me nice sexy-wavy hair (I have the 1 1/4"). My only major complaint is that the dial sometimes twists accidentally (it's in an awkward spot) and then the heat setting changes when I don't want it to. There should be some kind of lock so that it doesn't switch accidentally. I do wish it came with a heat-resistance pouch or case and I do wish that the barrel was ceramic. However I only use this about 1-2 times a month so hopefully it won't fry my hair too badly! I guess if you want a pouch and a ceramic barrel, you will have to go for the other models that are about $15-$20 (this one was $10). If the issues mentioned don't bother you, and you're on a tight budget, this is a good curling iron.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2007 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Monae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tight,curly, and to be politically correct "Ethnic" hair, so to be quite honest, I hardly had my hopes up when I bought this iron. I did NOT think it would work. To my suprise my hair came out bouncy and beautiful, with a shiny finsh. This product really IS for all hair types with excellent results. You get the same quality as if you were paying for three times that price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2006 7:40:00 PM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love how fast this heats up. I keep it on maybe 3-4 tops. Can't imagine how hot 10 must be. Mine has been working for a year at least, no signs of wear, and I use it often.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2005 5:10:00 PM More reviews by coolbeans222

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ehh its ok. I have VERY thick hair so i wish it would get hotter as it takes awhile to make a curl. And the curls dont last that long either its better than sum others ive used so i dno. If you have normal or thin hair it would probly be amazing. I burned my face pretty bad with it this morning :(

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2005 11:31:00 PM More reviews by BonneyJ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it! Great "workhorse" curling iron. Never breaks, just lose it or something, and every time I replace it with the SAME exact one, because its too good to try another one. Im stuck on it! Great product, low price. Awesome combination. Would buy again and again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2005 10:43:00 AM More reviews by abbyandbasil

What is going on!?!?! This thing rocks! I was so surprised because I got it at WalMart and my hair looks like my friends' who are using a Chi! I actually use it to both straighten AND curl! Love it! ***One word on the heat settings: careful with the "turbo" feature. I think I can smell my hair actually burning (though it doesn't LOOK like there is any damage)*** An absolute must have!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2005 8:04:00 PM More reviews by egoh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have typical coarse (asian hair) and this curler is by far the BEST! It has 25 different heating temperature and heats up in less than 60secs. I'm only using between #10-15 in the heat setting and it curls beautifully within 5 secs :) Another great thing it has a swivel on the bottom of the handle to prevent tangling of the cord. I got it at Target for under $10 bucks! EXCELLENT!

Update 9/2008: I'm still in LOVE with this curling Iron and am in the process of getting them in all the sizes available :) BTW, the curls last me all day--and this is only with a heat protectant -- no hair spray, no curl activator.