December 21, 2014 | 1312 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by BonjourMaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My goodness. This smudges on me so much, it's so infuriating. Although it is very creamy and super pigmented, I cannot put this to good use because it's a mess on my eyelids. I'm really disappointed in this product because I did my research before purchasing it, but unfortunately it is a big no-no for my oily lids. Even with a primer, it smudges within the three-hour mark. However, I did find a "trick" to make it last a bit longer than three hours. I put on an eye primer, a sweep of a matte skin-toned shadow and then apply this. At least the presence of an eyeshadow minimizes the oil production on my lids to extend the longevity of this eyeliner. I'm so jealous of the people who can make this work. I wish I could, too, because it was a breeze to apply and it's so dramatically dark. If your eyelids are VERY oily, I would suggest skipping on this. I'm still on a hunt for a very smudge-proof gel liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Econobabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product. I thought I had hooded eyes, considering I don't have that much lid space, but I discovered I can actually successfully achieve a lined eye with this gel liner. I use it with MAC's #209 brush and it goes on smoothly even after over a year of owning it. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who has trouble wearing eyeliner and feels they have tried everything (except gel liners).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by ejrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is just pretty good. Not amazing, but not terrible either. I apply this with a eyeliner brush and I find I need to wet the brush before applying the liner to give it a smooth finish, as it can crack and flake, which makes it a bit difficult to get that precision I want.
It generally lasts 2 hours before it rubs onto my eyelid, unless i've got loads of eyeshadow on/have applied primer, however it's irritating to do that everyday.
Considering it's MAC, and I paid around $35-40 (I think..) for it, it's a bit disappointing.
As I said, not awful but when it runs out i'll probably look to trying another brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by AnastaciaViolet83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First I am not a MAC fan. I don't hate this brand but I find their eyeshadows and lipsticks on par with certain drugstore brands. I also would rather use Too Faced, Stila, Lorac, and even Tarte eyeshadows over MAC. This eyeliner is great though. It is certainly fluid and the stuff stays on without creasing or flaking. I also have severe allergies and this didn't cause any irritation at all. It isn't the blackest liner out there but it is the best one when it comes to application. The good thing is the black color can be built up so you can get a very black eyeliner. The product is nice and smooth. I am amazed how well this is to use. So far it has stayed gel like and smooth and hasn't dried a bit. The glass packaging and tight seal of the cap help. MAC did an excellent job with packaging on this to keep this from becoming a dried out useless mess. I have tried many gel eyeliner and this on so far is my favorite (Tarte is my least favorite, horrible horrible and waste of money). MAC isn't the easiest product to get a hold of if someone is not close to a MAC store or counter. Purchases can be made online though. The price is a little much for an eyeliner, around $17 USD with tax. A drugstore alternative is the L'Oreal Lacquer liner. It isn't as smooth as MAC and dried out after a couple months, but it is blacker than MAC and lasts a good amount of time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by tvparty

was recommended to buy this from a friend who always had flawless eyeliner.
at first, i must admit, i disliked it.it smudged, it wasn't as easy to apply as i thought it would be and during the first few months of usage i hated it.
however, after a few months of not touching it, i found myself in desperate need of a new eyeliner, and as a last resort, i found myself reaching my hand to the little glass pot and grabbing the nearest brush.this time, it was love.the formula had somewhat dried up and was much more manageable, it didn't smudge and it didn't budge, for well over 12 hours! i'm almost at the end of the pot and i will repurchase as i think it is a staple in my make-up bag!a must have!

Edit (Sep' 11/14)
Instead of picking up another jar of this i took a risk and bought the Bobbi Brown ink liner in Black and honestly?it's so much better.see the review on my page.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 3:43:00 AM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The best gel eyeliner I have ever tried. It's so precise and easy to work with. I'm almost out and need another one. It does seem to dry out as you get to the bottom, but it still works. The jar is a large amount. One has lasted me about two years and I use it fairly regularly. There's no reason to try anything else when this exists at this price point!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by InParadiseIsland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-BLACK
-You get a ton of product so you won't need to buy one each month
-Easy to apply
-Creamy
Cons:
-Not waterproof (Doesn't claim to be)
-Dries out in a few months as most gel eyeliners do
-A bit on the pricey side but I personally don't mind that

Overall, it is a nice product and I've repurchased this a few times and I will continue to :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Saufi1991

The best eyeliner ever. what I hate about this eyeliner it's dry after couple month...

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by littleshrimp94

i'am an asian typical girl, no oily eyelids but my eyes'corners are very wet.
intially, i love this product for the pigmentation and smooth texture ( i use thefaceshop eyeliner brush, same brush as the bubbi's)
BUT this thing dried out after few months and turned out a mess of crumbles when i tried to revive it with heat or glyxerin. such a mess with disgusting smell when it was heated
AND it smudges like crazy. meeting wind and it smudges under my lower eyelashes and eyes'corners. i'm a panda panda panda 1 hour after application OMG!!!!
and Nyx, Tonymoly gel eyeliner are also horribleeee to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by mimi2811

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

By far the best gel eyeliner I've used. I've used many different brands - NARS, Bobbi Brown, Shu Uemura, Smashbox and I always come back to this. It lasts a long time on my oily eyelids and I'd great for tightlining too! I also have it in dipdown but tend to reach for blacktrack more.