December 22, 2014 | 1044 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-liner Gel in Waveline

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by RobinFace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this product. You do have to put on twice because it skips and leaves bare skin on your lid, but it has good staying power once you do and the color is pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by butterscotchsunday

This is my favourite new purchase. The navy liner makes my green eyes pop and my eyes look bigger. Since I am quite pale it doesn't look as stark as a black eyeliner does and I can wear it both day and night. I've gotten so many compliments on this.

I apply it with a fine pony hair watercolour brush(!) which is the best eyeliner brush I've ever had as it holds pigment very well and is easy to control. The liner is a bit sheer, but as this brush holds a lot of pigment it's not really a problem.

As for the potential drying, the girl at the MAC counter gave me a great tip. As it is a bit sensitive to drying out, put it down upside-down on the sink/counter when you use it to keep air from getting in between dipping your brush in it. That way you don't have to keep taking the lid on and off and you prevent it from drying out! So far mine's remained as creamy as it was when I bought it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2012 2:58:00 AM More reviews by jessadores

This is a very pretty dark blue color that I don't reach for very often, only because I usually stick to black, however you might have to go over the line twice to make it opaque. Its very creamy and I have had mine for over a year (is that bad?). I wish blacktrack was like the two colored fluidlines I have tried, because this one has stayed consistently creamy where as blacktrack gets drier and drier. It is not horrible, but if someone was looking to buy a fluidline I would recommend dip-down

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by josie13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for a navy eyeliner and I got this on a whim whilst waiting for a flight. The colour is dark blue, not exactly navy but it looks great with my dark brown eyes and it's not too difficult to get a defined line with the Mac angled brush. I do prefer using an eyeshadow as liner though and I will not buy this again

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by xandreaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

wow I'm surprised at all the bad reviews for this eyeliner. I actually quite like it cause it's not as harsh and boring as black eyeliner, although I do have to agree with the pigmentation of it. I do have to go over it twice for it to be a solid line. maybe I like it cause I always wear smokey eyes so I don't have an immediate need for a really dark liner, this product would be annoying if you wore it alone I suppose. either way I like it and it has been my go-to liner for the one month that I've had it

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Sepolayla

I agree with some of the other reviewers here - the colour of this fluidline is too sheer to actually be usable as a liner. It's pretty good as an eyeshadow base though. So long as you work quickly it blends out fairly easily. I use a real techniques crease brush for that purpose.

The formula seemed pretty dry even when I first purchased it, but I haven't had a problem with it actually drying out. I've had it for several years, keep it in a dark space and screw the lid on so tightly it's a fight to get it off every time.

I won't buy this again. Recently I replaced it with Napoleon Perdis china doll liner in Heaven, which does work as a beautiful, satin blue liner. I will retain it for when I want to use a dark blue base under a smoky eye.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by carrasco

The color of this liner is really cool, it's a dark indigo with purple undertones. It actually looked more purple in the jar than I was expecting but once applied, I really didn't see much of the purple. Mine seems to be very dry in comparison to other fluidlines I have. I had to try to add Visine to mine this morning to revive it( I wasn't sure what else is safe to use near my eyes) It wouldn't even absorb the drops so I was stuck stiring the jar with a toothpick and left with the same dryness. I used a very thin Sephora #17 eyeliner brush and applied but I literally had to go over my line 3 times each eye, not only because of it's lack of creaminess but also it was quite sheer. It took me way longer than I would prefer. I do like the color it just adds something to makeup when you wanna be a little adventurous without looking crazy. I used a shimmery bronzey brown shadow today with this liner and it looks really cool, kinda reminds me of summer. I'm somewhat irritated that it's so dry because I really enjoy playing with colored liners and sadly I'm going to have to try and use the heck out of this before it becomes too hard to work with. I would repurchase sadly because I'm just not sure if it's my jar or all jars of this specific color.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by theodoradb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would advise against buying this. It's too sheer to allow you to draw a nice line. I've tried and tried but I need to go over the line again and again and I can't achieve a nice precise line this way. Now I'm only gonna use it as a base for blue eyeshadows so I don't feel I've wasted my money completely. Disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyDoll10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I dont really enjoy MAC's products...they're overpriced and if you do your research you can find cheaper alternatives. I am a eyeliner junkie and love gel eyeliners in general. I heard this is one of the best and other brands cannot compare. Truthfully, I like L'Oreal's Hip Cream Eyeliners much better than the Fluidlines. Waveline is a great color (navy with purple in it which is interesting) but it is too sheer and I have to layer this to get it to show up. Then it balls up. Takes me forever to apply it and I am a fan of not taking 5-10 minutes to put eyeliner on in the morning. I have tried Blacktrack and one other color as well and theyre all the same.

It doesnt flake or smudge which is nice and the color is nice, but thats all I can say about its positives. This morning I put on Waveline and later in the day took it off and put L'Oreal's HIP Cream Eyeliner in Midnight Blue on instead...you could tell such a difference and it was much quicker to put on. I would go a few bucks cheaper and get Maybelline's Gel Eyeliner or the L'Oreal HIP one (at least they can go on sale!)... or pay a few bucks extra for Bobbi Brown's Gel Eyeliner. Sadly, I even found ELF's $3 gel eyeliners to be more pigmented than the Fluidlines.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Waveline is an indigo/violet navy, and I like the color, packaging, and staying power of the product, but it's a little too dry, so I have to keep loading color onto my angled liner brush while working it into my lashes and creating a wing. Once the line is solid enough on my eyes, it does look beautiful, and because I have pink skin and blue eyes, Waveline makes my eyes look a little more green and is less severe than black liner. It's a fun color, but for the price, I think it should have more slip and blendability.