April 21, 2014 | 1425 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-liner Gel in Waveline

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by xandreaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

wow I'm surprised at all the bad reviews for this eyeliner. I actually quite like it cause it's not as harsh and boring as black eyeliner, although I do have to agree with the pigmentation of it. I do have to go over it twice for it to be a solid line. maybe I like it cause I always wear smokey eyes so I don't have an immediate need for a really dark liner, this product would be annoying if you wore it alone I suppose. either way I like it and it has been my go-to liner for the one month that I've had it

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Sepolayla

I agree with some of the other reviewers here - the colour of this fluidline is too sheer to actually be usable as a liner. It's pretty good as an eyeshadow base though. So long as you work quickly it blends out fairly easily. I use a real techniques crease brush for that purpose.

The formula seemed pretty dry even when I first purchased it, but I haven't had a problem with it actually drying out. I've had it for several years, keep it in a dark space and screw the lid on so tightly it's a fight to get it off every time.

I won't buy this again. Recently I replaced it with Napoleon Perdis china doll liner in Heaven, which does work as a beautiful, satin blue liner. I will retain it for when I want to use a dark blue base under a smoky eye.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by carrasco

The color of this liner is really cool, it's a dark indigo with purple undertones. It actually looked more purple in the jar than I was expecting but once applied, I really didn't see much of the purple. Mine seems to be very dry in comparison to other fluidlines I have. I had to try to add Visine to mine this morning to revive it( I wasn't sure what else is safe to use near my eyes) It wouldn't even absorb the drops so I was stuck stiring the jar with a toothpick and left with the same dryness. I used a very thin Sephora #17 eyeliner brush and applied but I literally had to go over my line 3 times each eye, not only because of it's lack of creaminess but also it was quite sheer. It took me way longer than I would prefer. I do like the color it just adds something to makeup when you wanna be a little adventurous without looking crazy. I used a shimmery bronzey brown shadow today with this liner and it looks really cool, kinda reminds me of summer. I'm somewhat irritated that it's so dry because I really enjoy playing with colored liners and sadly I'm going to have to try and use the heck out of this before it becomes too hard to work with. I would repurchase sadly because I'm just not sure if it's my jar or all jars of this specific color.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by theodoradb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would advise against buying this. It's too sheer to allow you to draw a nice line. I've tried and tried but I need to go over the line again and again and I can't achieve a nice precise line this way. Now I'm only gonna use it as a base for blue eyeshadows so I don't feel I've wasted my money completely. Disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyDoll10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I dont really enjoy MAC's products...they're overpriced and if you do your research you can find cheaper alternatives. I am a eyeliner junkie and love gel eyeliners in general. I heard this is one of the best and other brands cannot compare. Truthfully, I like L'Oreal's Hip Cream Eyeliners much better than the Fluidlines. Waveline is a great color (navy with purple in it which is interesting) but it is too sheer and I have to layer this to get it to show up. Then it balls up. Takes me forever to apply it and I am a fan of not taking 5-10 minutes to put eyeliner on in the morning. I have tried Blacktrack and one other color as well and theyre all the same.

It doesnt flake or smudge which is nice and the color is nice, but thats all I can say about its positives. This morning I put on Waveline and later in the day took it off and put L'Oreal's HIP Cream Eyeliner in Midnight Blue on instead...you could tell such a difference and it was much quicker to put on. I would go a few bucks cheaper and get Maybelline's Gel Eyeliner or the L'Oreal HIP one (at least they can go on sale!)... or pay a few bucks extra for Bobbi Brown's Gel Eyeliner. Sadly, I even found ELF's $3 gel eyeliners to be more pigmented than the Fluidlines.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Waveline is an indigo/violet navy, and I like the color, packaging, and staying power of the product, but it's a little too dry, so I have to keep loading color onto my angled liner brush while working it into my lashes and creating a wing. Once the line is solid enough on my eyes, it does look beautiful, and because I have pink skin and blue eyes, Waveline makes my eyes look a little more green and is less severe than black liner. It's a fun color, but for the price, I think it should have more slip and blendability.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by seefaithrun

I have had a hard time looking for the perfect blue eyeliner. I have oily lids (no amount of primer can fix that) and for whatever reason, blue liners hate me. Or my lids, for that matter. I tried a lot of different brands and then it hit me, why not use the brand that worked before?? I've tried Blitz and Glitz by MAC and loved it. So I figured that Waveline would be no different.

I do appreciate (as we all do) the staying power of this liner. My only issue is the effort required to apply it. It goes on my lids almost translucent so you need to go over and over again in order to make the line opaque. Not good if you are in a hurry.

Also, the color that goes on you lid is not nearly as vibrant as the color you see in the pot. No matter, I don't need the blue to be that loud. I just want it to make my brown eyes stand out. Which it did, and that is not something easily accomplished.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I like this alot. It does read blue on my eyes, a dark blue, not black. It does on effortlessly and wears with minimal moving or smudging (but I'm a rubber as I have extreme allergy eyes that are constantly watering and bothering me). I don't wear black well and feel this is a nice alternative. I wish I had bought Dark Diversion but wasn't sure I'd like the formula of these however, I much prefer the formula of this to that of my Clinique creme liner which I feel flakes a bit.

ETA:
No the Clinique is FAR superior. I actually don't care for this now. It does on watery and not opaque (my Clinique is always opaque on one swipe as is my new Smashbox gel liner). I rarely use this although I do love the color and it's very flattering against my blue eyes but if this is what the other Fluidlines are like, I'll never try them. Boo.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Lulu2387

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

At first this product did not show up on my skin and it almost looked black on my eyelids. But after after playing around with it for a couple if days I realized that it's not too opaque so you do have to reapply once it dries and repeat until your desired effect is achieved. For me I had to reapply about 3-4 times which is annoying if your in a rush. Once dried the color gets a bit darker more of a navy blue but in sunlight it looks like an Indigo color (blueish, purple). I have a dark golden brown complexion so I tried it over a mauve pink eyeshadow and it looked beautiful. If it was more opaque and a bit brighter it would rate higher but overall a descent product and a nice color.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by annellelazatin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the worst gel liner I hav ever tried and I've tried A LOT! The color is a very dark navy blue ad looks good with my brown eyes but it flakes off as soon as it dries. As far as staying power, this does not compare to The Bobbi Brown gel liners, L'oreal Hip creamliners and even the MAC Blacktrack. The consistency is thinner than the blacktrack so you have to draw a line and go over it a couple of times to get it to look opaque. I really wanted to like this so I tried it with the MAC 210 brush, the bobbie brown eyeliner brush, sephora angled liner brush and a flat tipped liner brush. Still a major FAIL. The brush that works the best is an old lipbrush and that's only coz it gets loads of product onto the tip and i just try to paint it on my eye (not fun when you're in a rush). Very unhappy with this purchase. Please don't waste your money!