September 23, 2014 | 1950 users online

Toners - Mary Kay - Blemish Control Toner #3

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 8:40:00 AM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This toner is amazing on super oily skin. However, I do not recommend using it unless you are acne prone and SUPER oily as it will dry you out. If you have skins that tends to break out regularly this will dry it up almost over night. I come back to this product over and over again, have used it since I was 18. Also, if you find it a bit to harsh (it is a toner that makes your skin tingle/sting a bit) you can spray the cotton pad with a bit of water to dilute and it will still work well...at least it does on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by sandy12294

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's not that I hate this product that I wouldn't buy this product again. I would say it works pretty ok, but I do prefer Cinique's Clarifying lotion better. They are both GREAT products. If they ever stopped making Clinique's clarifying lotion I would definetley go back to Mary Kay's Blemish Control Toner 3 in a heart beat. It didn't dry me out, or add more oil. It worked pretty good, but not fantastic, that was my only problem with this product. Also a little tip...this product doesn't have the greatest smell. It smells kind of like onion and mint at the same time...not a great combination. If you are not satisfied with this product I would recommend Clinique's 3-step system. This product costs $13.00 US.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 2:46:00 AM More reviews by sandymac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this toner for many years and find it to be very effective, in fact I usually find an improvement overnight when I remember to use it. I don't always use it regularly but when I do I wonder why because it really does help my blemishes to clear up. I don't find the smell strong and it isn't too drying either. Tried many toners but always come back to my Mary Kay Blemish Control one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by briii

I got this toner because i occasionally get time of the month breakouts and when i do it takes so long for my pimples to go away. I tried every store brand acne product out there and none of them worked at all for my acne. After the first week of using this toner i saw a big difference in my skin so i continued to use it daily and when it was that time of the month again i hardly got any pimples!! surprise! i never thought this would work, but im so glad it does. It is really strong, but i have normal to dry skin and have had no problems with it drying out my skin too bad. i love this toner and am so glad i found it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Rita19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this product along with the Mary Kay Deep Cleanser, Clarifying Mask, Oil Control Lotion and Acne treatment gel. I have been suffering from mild to moderate adult acne and this stuff finally cleared my skin!!! I tried Proactiv, Acne Free, Skin Medica, Murad and Estee Lauder with minimal results that only lasted a couple weeks. Now my skin has been 98% clear for about 3 1/2 weeks now! I've only had a couple whiteheads at most, with no more deep cystic acne breakouts. I saw results within 1 week. These products really work and are comparable in price or less than the others I tried. MK also has a money back guarantee if you are not fully satisfied. I wish I would have tried these products first! Esp. b/c I was using the TimeWise system, but that didn't help with the acne. I Highly recommend the Mary Kay Formula #3 System!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

This product is okay. I wouldn't use this everyday if you have oily skin or even normal/combo skin. It will dry out your face, but it's great for times when you feel like getting a "deep" clean feel or for when you are having breakouts. It smells really gross like chemicals. I don't like that. However it's a clear formula that comes out of the bottle in a nice stream. It's just okay for the price, so I wouldn't repurchase. I like things that are less harsh on the face.

Edit: Holy Cow! Thank goodness I'm almost done using this product. The other day I think I put too much on a cotton swab because when I put it on my face it started to sting really bad! It hurt like heck! Waaaahhh... no good.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 12:21:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product did not help my blemishes or control my oily skin, and I found it to be very drying. I used this toner before I discovered Alpha Hyrdox products, which really work ~ Alpha Hydrox products helped to eliminate my acne completely. After I used Alpha Hydrox, I never used this toner or any of my Mark Kay skin care again. This product didn't help me at all, and I will not buy this product again...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2009 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Princesa7

Helps on getting rid of breakouts fast! I luv this stuff!! Good for also controling oily skin...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Gabster90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have a love hate relationship with this toner. It dries out my skin so much but it helps control my acne really well. It had a burning feeling at first but as I got used to this toner, the burning feeling went away. I'll buy again until I find something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by erin86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The first thing I have to say about this is how much I love tha Mary Kay packaging. This one in particular is wonderful! They are all so pretty and well suited depending on the product but with this toner I find it absolutely amazing that no matter how roughly I travel with this, it never leaks! I didn't even use a plastc bag for it, which is big for me and packing toners!
Anyways the toner itself is clear and quite strong with an alcohol smell but it sure does work well for drying up blemishes! It is slightly drying on me but my skin doesn't seem to bothered by it once I get my moisturizer on so I will definitely keep using it though. If you have a drier skin type, however, you may want to try something else or use a richer moisturizer.
Because of the BHA in it (salicylic acid 2%) my skin slowly renews itself and seems to be clearing up so well. Since it has worked so far so good withmy skin I must recommend it for anyone who tends to have quite oily or acne-prone skin. :)

Also, here are the ingredients, as I know they are quite hard to find anywhere online:
Active ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%).
Other: Alcohol Denat., Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Dioctyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, Eucalyptus Oil, Menthol, Propylene Glycol, Silica, Water.