July 23, 2014 | 1133 users online

Lip Treatments - C.O. Bigelow - Rose Salve

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Rsanzio

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a lovely memory of giving my mom some Rose Salve for her chapped lips before she died. She loved it so much she had the tin by her bed and each night before she went to sleep she would put some on.

It's not often you get to give something to someone you love that makes them happy and makes their lives better every day. Rose Salve is a treasure.

21 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by supnikkki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing. It smells so wonderful and works just as it promises. I'm not huge on the Vaseline in it though seeing as I'm not a fan of petroleum derivatives. With the tin itself, I always struggle with opening it. I've learned to keep the lip pulled up midway (so the lid isn't entirely pushed down) so I have an easier time opening it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Vivichuu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I was skeptical about buying this from Bath and Body Works while I was browsing there with my little sister. However, she kept insisting that rose salve was something that would help my extremely chapped lips (especially after I went to college), and bought one herself for me to try a bit of. My lips and the skin around it are a lot better than before now (not completely up to normal due to the severity of their condition previously, these things take time and I haven't had rose salve for very long), so I went back to the store and picked one up myself. On top of that, the slight fragrance is not too overwhelming but sweet enough for you to notice when you apply it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by staci13

I don't think I could ever be without this product! Anytime my lips feel chapped and flaky, I can just smother this on and my lips are instantly enveloped in this moisturizing goodness. I have also used it for cuticles, and it works well in that way too. The price is great, because this tin will last quite awhile. I'm not such a fan of the packaging, but I always try to keep a mini bottle of hand santizer along with this in my purse so I remember to use the hand sanitizer first and then the the rose salve. It's not perfect, but that's how I make it work.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by ClassyNeverTrashy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

so i saw this at bath and body works and I remembered seeing macbarbie07 use this in one of her videos and i was compelled to buy it. the cashier told me and my mom that it was awesome and could heal cuts and such since it was infused with rose petals or something. it does work well and it actually doesn't have a bad taste. it has a vaselline ointment type texture which is kind of gross, but other than that, i do like it. it was $5.50 so it's worth it with the amount of product you get

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by tabulous77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My absolute favorite lip balm. I buy about six at a time, and I keep one in my purse, on the nightstand, by the sink, on my desk. I use it on my lips, cuticles, elbows and knees. It has the sweetest softest rose scent. The only drawback is sometimes the lid gets stuck. I've had a few I've had to exchange because they simply refuse to open. Other than that, I love it, I'm never without it, and it's wet way better than Smiths brand, even though it's more popular.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product as a lip balm! It's nice and light but leaves my lips feel extremely soft and smooth. I don't use lip products a lot, but this is one I keep in my purse. I especially like to use this in the winter. It does a great job when my lips start to get chapped. I have also used this on my hands and knuckles when they dry out, and it helps to keep the moisture in. I have even tried it on my face with no problems or reactions but always in small amounts. There are a few drawbacks though. It is a bit sticky when you first put on, so hair will stick to your lips, and it makes it difficult to use on skin. The packaging is not the most sanitary either.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by kodancerbabeee

This product exceeded my expectations! I bought it expecting an average lip balm, but the packaging was so cute (even though I'm not a fan of tin containers) i figured why not! Well, let me start by telling you why! After just a single use, my lips were SO soft and supple. I couldn't stop rubbing them together! And unlike many other lip products I've used, I never felt like my lips got used to this product, or that it stopped working. Ever since purchasing it, I have started using it daily, and I've seen a huge improvement in my lips, I can't even remember the last time they were chapped! Plus, it smells awesome and has lasted for about five months and I haven't hit pan yet! If you want a product that works-and keeps working, indulge in this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by northernlight

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My daughter gave me this and I love the product but the packaging is th worst! I have a terrible opening the tin:(.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryDuck

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My all-time favourite lip balm! I use this only at home since the packaging is super unhygienic. I use Baby Lips when I go out. I bought this on sale at Bath and Body Works and I absolutely love it! I usually put it on before bed and when I wake up, my lips feel so smooth and soft. The scent is okay, I'm not really bothered by it but my friend absolutely hates it. I've used it for a few months now and I'm not even close to hitting pan. I also picked up 2 more for future uses.