C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve

4.3

Petrolatum, Lanolin oil, squalane, jojoba esters, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, cotton seed oil, octyldodecanol, bisabolol, red 20 lake (CI 73360).

on 11/10/2014 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am a lip balm junkie, and a sucker for cute packaging so this was a must for me. My lips had been chapped lately after going for a jog on a windy day. Vaseline rosy lips just wasn't doing the trick so I picked this up at Bath and Body works. It's a pretty good sized tin for $5-6. This has a nice texture and isn't too gooey or sticky, it's very soft and smooth. This does have a fragrance, though it's not a rose scent. I didn't find the scent to be bothersome. After a couple of days of regular use it has helped my chapped lips.

on 10/7/2014 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Amaaaazing lipbalm! It smells nice and it really helps with chapped lips! I would definitely recommend to anyone with dry lips.
The only downfall is the packaging, i feel it's slightly unsanitary and i get it in my nails sometimes if it's too long.

on 9/30/2014 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Really great for lips and dried skin. I wish they had this in lip balm form as I mainly use this on my lips. My lips feel so soft and the smell of it is bearable. The consistency is great.....thinner than vaseline. Love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff, but I hate accidentally getting it my mouth. It looks great, smells great, and moisturizes great, but tastes revolting. Still, that's a minor setback compared to how useful this product is.

Since I was very small I've always had problems with chapped lips, and in the winter, chapped skin above my top lip/below my nose. When I was younger, the skin above my lip would get incredibly painful when it got dried out, to the point that it would split and bleed. My problem is not so severe now that I am an adult... at least, most of the time. This past winter, it was bitterly cold where I live, and my childhood problem of painful, dessicated skin above my lip was back with a vengeance, and my usual treatment of Carmex wasn't helping at all. Friends and relatives had recommended Aquaphor, but that just made me break out (and having deep pimples on already very dry skin is not fun). In desperation, I mooched a tin of this from my mother, and applied it at night before I went to bed.

Honestly, it probably saved my sanity. The next day when I woke up, that bit of skin was more moisturized than it had been in months. I didn't have an acne break-out, and it smelled very nice.

So now I use this on my lips every night, and will extend it to the area above my lips if it is necessary. My lips are so soft and moisturized, and if it turns out to be another terrible winter, I'm ready.

This is my go-to lip care product. I even use it on my cuticles when the weather starts to get dry. Not wearing eyeshadow but need something to complete your natural makeup look? Just swipe a thin layer on your lids and it makes your face glow!

on 7/30/2014 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I don't see why people complain about how hard it is to open the product. It opens up easily for me. Let me tell you how instantly this product works! I had a dry spell with my lips recently. They were chapped, dry and felt like sand paper. The minute I applied this at night, my lips were hydrated the next MORNING! I instantly replaced my HG lip balm (Nivea's Honey Milk Lip Balm) with this!! The smell is quite powdery and it doesn't have a rose scent at all. I honestly don't mind because it does its job. This is worth the $6 and I will stock up on this amazing product!!!

on 7/20/2014 11:04:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Love this! I use this every night to moisturize my lips and it lasts for at least a year. It is also great for any dry spots that you have on your body and does not break you out at all! I love that it's tinted and has a slight rose scent to it (smells much better than smith rosebud salve). My only complaints about this product is that it gets a little difficult to open sometimes (even though the tin is cute) and wish that they would make this in an even larger size.

on 6/3/2014 1:25:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is so lovely and makes me feel like a total lady, even when I'm dipping my fingers in the tin, ha! Has a subtle, sweet rose scent, which is nice but doesn't last. Moisturizes lips and gives them a nice sheen. Sure it's similar to vaseline (with lanolin added), but it's less occlusive and something you can apply often without looking like a grease ball. I actually use this every day and enjoy doing so. My lips thank me for it!

on 5/20/2014 3:56:00 AM

Getting some of the cult products in UAE can be quite tiresome, but I finally found this at Bath & Body Works yesterday. Though the price was exorbitant ( AED 35/tin), I couldn't contain my excitement of finally getting my hands on this. The product itself is excellent (though I have used this only once, I think I can lay this claim😊). I have used it on my lips, and they felt super soft in the morning. Very similar to Vaseline Rosy lips, which I absolutely adore too. Overall, a solid 9.5/10 from my side for this. 0.5 has been deducted due to the pricing here in UAE.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Got this at Bath & Body Works for five bucks, and when I asked the gal at the store if she used it, she said yeah and it's amazing. She told me people come in there and buy like 5 or 10 pans of it at a time. I had some extra cash, so I decided to try it. I have very dry skin on my cheeks, and it said you can use it on skin, so I rubbed it in to my skin and dabbed the top layer of extra off with a kleenex before I went to bed, and the next morning...my skin wasn't flakey and dry like it always is. I also use it on my cuticles and nail beds, lips, and cracked heels on my feet. Works for EVERYTHING. And it smells like roses :) My dad used it once, and tried to steal it from me so he could use it at work. He's a firefighter and they get really dry hands in the winter while on calls, so he got his own tube to take to work.

Popular Lip Treatments