October 23, 2014 | 1741 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Mylar

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Aiglon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Mylar was recommended to me by a MAC makeup artist. But when I started reading the reviews here I was very hesitant to buy it because most people are pretty negative towards Mylar. But I am so glad that I bought it because this is my number one highlight! I have a very pale complexion so this colour is just a little bit lighter than my own skin tone. I use this to highlight my browbone and to blend my crease colour. I like that it's not shimmery and it gives me a very natural look. Absolutely love this eyeshadow, but maybe only for fair toned skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Bayou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Superb highlight for the inner corner and brow. Slight irredesence makes it a perfect subtle day time highlight.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this thinking it may be an alternative to my HG Bobbi Brown Bone. But it is far from that. Mylar is a matte, satin finish, chalky white eye shadow. Of course the product is good quality so it applies and stays well. But I think it is too white to use as a base, it looks very unnatural, at least on me (I am NC 25) I hardly ever use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by sparklythings

im in between an nc20 and nc25 and i find mylar to be a great natural inner tearduct color, browbone highlight. it's a nice simple great every day, goes with every eyeshadow highlight color.
It's beautiful in that it is a satin finish and surprisingly it is quite pigmented. i swatched this in stores before and it seemed unpigmented... so i just never bothered to pick it up.

The other day, i went in for Era eyeshadow, and decided to just pick this one up too and I love it. I think it will be one of my new favourite most reached for highlight colors. great for daytime looks and to the office. i prefer this to vanilla and blanc type. It just looks more natural and not overdone.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by nicolejohnson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

RIS this eyeshadow is good for that day time look of wearing no makeup. Some people like that ... it just doesn't do enough for me as a highlight. It's an ok wash of color to put on the lid before putting other eyeshadows on to help them blend a little better, but that's really it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2010 7:51:00 AM More reviews by dlvanveelen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I had been looking for a very neutral, close to my skin tone eye shadow. I was hoping for it to be just a shade or two darker than my skintone, so I could pair it with eyeliner for a perfect Marilyn Monroe look. I told the artists this, and time after time they sent me home with eyeshadows that I ended up being very displeased with. Finally, while shopping with my boyfriend, I found...well, he found Mylar! I use it every day with almost every look! It's my favorite all around color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2010 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

Highly underrated color! Alabaster in a pot. This works perfectly as a brow highlighter on pale skintones. I'm NC25 and this is barely noticeable under my brow so it looks extremely natural - my browbone but better, if there is such a thing. Very soft satin finish, so soft I actually thought it was a matte for a long time until one day I caught it reflecting light ever so slightly; nowhere near a true satin though, with that unquestionable sheen all satin eyeshadows seem to carry. Ideal for those who want to look like they have nothing on but still need that "polished browbone" look (again, does such a thing even exist?). Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted Nylon - but she gave me mylar - they are both brow bone highlighters.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2010 1:16:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just hit pan on my Vanilla and was planning on repurchasing it again. The make-up artist at MAC suggested I try Mylar as an alternative. Very happy that I did! Gorgeous, smooth, and satiny shade of creamy white that compliments my pale complexion as a hi-light for under my brow bone. The colour is very soft in appearance, not harsh or drastic "I'm wearing white"colour. Easy colour to blend and wear for many looks too.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Calicupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I usually use shroom from MAC to highlight my brow bone, but my regular makeup artist at the pro store said i should try this to change it up and I love it.. I have tan skin and it works well with my pigment eye shadows.