November 28, 2014 | 1190 users online

Fragrances - Victoria's Secret - Vanilla Lace Silkening Body Splash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Holy cow this is the best thing I've ever laid my nose on! Vanilla Lace smells exactly like vanilla extract. I can't believe that I have overlooked this fragrance for years while purchasing scents like Pear Glace and Strawberries and Champagne. This is a dead-on PERFECT vanilla scent. Not foody or sickeningly sweet
at all. My search for the perfect vanilla fragrance is over! And it's a bonus that it only costs $12!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by jcdiva1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

Vanilla scents tend to smell like BO on my skin so I usually avoid all scents that are mainly vanilla but this one is nice IF I use the lotion only. The body spray smells like vanilla and alcohol and just ucky. The lotion smells like cake though and it's so yummy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by BeeBonnet

This is one of the few VS scents I don't find obnoxious. For a body splash it has very good lasting power. As a vanilla scent, this is one of the best for the price... and I much prefer it to Bath and Body Works "Warm Vanilla Sugar" which is very weak and boring. I also love the VL drydown as it morphs into a slight hint of coconut/cake hours later! Nice on days I don't feel like wearing fancy perfume or going out anywhere special but still want to smell good while just relaxing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by delectante

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have heard all sorts of things surrounding Vanilla Lace: how great it is, how it is a stripper fragrance (whatever that means), how it was discontinued, discontinued again … Well, I do like vanilla scents and so ordered two VL fragrance mists. If you do not already know, the VS Secret Garden line has been refashioned as VS Fantasies, and their silkening body splashes have become moisturizing fragrance mists. Marketing …

Anyway, onto the review proper: wen I spray this, it smells like vanilla cake or vanilla frosting, really quite edible. I have a sweet tooth, so I like the more warm, gourmand type fragrances. The notes include vanilla, amber, orchid, and musk. It is really comforting before bed or a quiet evening with loads of homework to finish. As for lasting power, this lasts for two hours on my skin but much longer in my hair, like five or six hours.

It is good to wear on its own or to layer with other fragrances to sweeten them up or just to add an oriental twist to them; I do the latter when I have VL and VS Dream Angels Divine. (Paired with BBW's Coconut Lime Breeze, once Verbena, promises a Key Lime Piece sort of fragrance.) Based on how you layer or not, I think VL can be worn all year round. Unfortunately, I can not say yet whether this is a man magnet or gently compels men to be a little more friendly towards you since I find myself wearing VL for me indoors, but when I finish some of the Valentine’s Day VS scents, I shall try out VL in public and update on its effects (if any) on other people. Overall, I like it and will probably alternate between this and Amber Romance and Coconut Passion, the other vanilla scents in the Fantasies line.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by BerryObsession

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am in loveee with this scent. If I'm not sure what scent I want to wear I always pick this one. It smells just like warm vanilla frosting or cake and just sooo yummy. I wouldn't recommend this if you don't like more foodie smelling scents but if you are like me and love anything that smells edible then this is just for you. This is one of the fragrances I have that people always say how good I smell. The staying power is pretty decent even though it could last a little longer, I don't mind re spraying this because I can't get enough of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by WednesdayMay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This smells like chocolate and vanilla to me. I really like it. Upon initial spritz there is a sharp, chemical note though which I don't like but it settles. Mm, it's so nice especially paired with its lotion buddy. I love vanillas so this was a hit for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by sugaryspice82

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this! I have this in the body spray and it smells like straight-up alcohol at first but dries down to a warm real vanilla scent, not fake or cheap-smelling at all. Plus it lasts a really long time for a body spray. I like to pair this with a limited edition lotion from VS called Give Me Love, because it gives a deliciously sweet vanilla with a hint of berry. If you're a fan of vanilla scents, you HAVE to have this! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by leonglianne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

2 guys told me it smells kind of like cough syrup, but overall most people still smells of vanilla and sweetness. the staying power is good compared to many other perfumes, also reacts well with my skin, scent is almost unchanged :D

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Jeanbean7777

This is probably my favorite in the fantasies line. I recieved a lot of compliments on this from men. They like vanilla and this goes with my chemistry. I went out on a date with this super attractive man and he told me he could smell it in my neck 6 hours after I sprayed it. The lasting power of this body spray is amazing. I can't layer this with the lotion or its overpowering with my chemistry. It smells good! Like chocolate cookies!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by star53

I like the comment below this one. "Basic" couldn't be more true. It is just a really simple vanilla and it is AMAZING! I picked up 5 VS fantasy products for $30 last night, and two of them were Vanilla Lace. It is one of the best scents I have ever smelled. So pretty and simple. I like that it smells like straight vanilla, not mixed with any berries or sandlewood or other scents. My husband said it smells like vanilla extract. :) What a guy comment. LOVE IT!