April 17, 2014 | 1711 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Amazing Grace cologne

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by MarianNorris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I cannot understand the popularity of this scent! I sprayed it on at ULTA and had to go and wash my hand right away! This stuff smells bad! I gave it a 2 because it's not the worst scent I've ever smelled. I really have not been very impressed with any of the Philosophy scents truthfully.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by mallorywouldgo

This smells like something you would keep in the bathroom in your restaurant for ladies to spritz on themselves before they go back to their table.. Forgettable. Nearly undetectable from other parties.. Smells soapy but not necessarily clean. The packaging is adorable, though. I've had small splash on bottle for 6+ months and have yet to use half.. Just not my style.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I dunno how I've been an MUA member for so long and only now tried this perfume b/c I have heard ya'll talking about it forever. So I sampled it at Sephora and I really like it. I can't really justify the price of it though for not being a totally unique scent. The roller ball size is more up my alley. This scent sparks something nostalgic in my brain, although I can't quite place it. I love how clean it smells. It isn't a sharp soapy smell though, just clean and soft. I do agree with the reviewer who stated that it isn't exactly youthful though. I can't give you a reason why I feel this way about it, that's just how it is. Doesn't mean that I don't find it a great scent though.

Update: I ended up getting a bottle of the body mist. It is surprisingly long lasting. I discovered that this and Falling In Love are pretty close in terms of scent, but Falling in Love is just a bit more sweet and creamy smelling... so it seems a bit more youthful than Amazing Grace.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by peachesndream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited about trying this product that I drove hours to get it at Ulta. I think I have been watching too many QVC presentations and thought I had to get it.

I have to say, I am not that impressed. I think the scent is fine. I don't think it is offensive and I think most people would actually like it. I do like it but I don't love it and I wouldn't re-purchase it mainly because the scent is so faint it is barely noticable. I don't want people to be suffocated by my perfume but I do want it to be somewhat present at least for my own benefit. You could put 10 sprays of this thing and it would still smell faint and distant as can be.

So, for that reason I am disappointed and would not get it again. I also think that the smell pulls a little bit mature/old lady. I can't pin point why but to me, it is not very youthful. Kind of flowery but in an older way. I would feel comfortable giving this to my grandmother but not a girl in high school or even college. I also think it seems bit more wintery. I am not sure I would consider it a year round scent.

The bottle is plain and simple but I think it is nice and flows with the Philosophy products and their image.

This is my first experience with Philosophy fragrance and probably my last. I don't think it is fair to pay so much money for something that has no and I mean NO staying power. I really enjoy getting little whiffs of my perfume during the day and this is like....gone in 60 seconds.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by naoma43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i fell in love with this perfume a LONG time ago (10years or so) and it breaks my heart to say unless they go back to the original formula i will NEVER buy it again....i had read reviews about the company being sold to coty and the fragrance was not the same...why didn't i listen? i feel like i just threw away my money...there is no scent after you spray AT ALL and the bottle sprays out a much larger amount than it used to...i've had my bottle only two weeks and its almost a quarter gone..and i don't even smell good...i used to get compliments all the time on how good i smelled and the fragrance would linger after i was in a space..now nothing..ZERO BUPKISS please learn from my stupidity and do not buy this again,if you used to it is literally nothing but a total waste of your money...it makes me want to boycot the whole company...how dumb do they think consumers are to not notice a total lack of smell..when it used to be phenomenal and now it SUCKS...sorry this is so long and run on but,i am very frustrated..to have nothing to show for my hard earned money..and shame on them...especially in this economy...frankly any economy...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Ivyxoxo

Considering this came from Philosophy, not even a brand parfume producer, it is a quite decent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 6:22:00 AM More reviews by jetdelumiere

first there is a big diffrence between the perfume (which i didn't like) to the cologne.
i'm reviewing the cologne which i liked very much, and it cost half the price.
another thing, i can it around here, only through the web, so i recommend to get from strawbberynet, since i got a bottle of this from ebay that smells a bit different.
first when i got it i wasn't too impressed, since it's very clean musky, "nothing speciel" kind of smell.
but it really did grows on me, and i feel really good wearing it,
if you have the shampoo it's a double party :)
anyway i reccomend this only to people who like it quite smells, nothing sweet, and overing power, cause this smell is just pure on his base,
sutible for a everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by pricella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really love anything amazing grace!!! i have bought this scent over and over again

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by YSLMACNARSLuvEm

For years I've had this perfume on my wish list. However, everytime I would go to buy it, I would have second thoughts. The reviews seemed to be mixed on this perfume, many people saying the formula isn't what it used to be. This passed weekend I managed to score this lovely bottle at a garage sale for .25. Yes ... TWENTY FIVE cents! (And brand new in box might I add!) Needless to say I didn't feel guilty plopping down a quarter for it!
The packaging is cute. I've seen a few reviews where people mention it's very plain. I must be a plain type of gal - because I think the packaging is sleek/chic looking. If you're looking for a perfume bottle that is an accent piece to display, then obviously I would look over this one. The bottle is small enough, that I can easily fit it in my purse for mid-day touch ups.
Which comes to my next point ... touch-ups. Whether it's the chemistry the formula has with my skin, or just the simple fact that this perfume has no staying power ... touch-ups are a must for me. Normally I will always get a mid-day sniff with most of my perfumes, but this one seems to go away after an hour or so. It still leaves a subtle clean, fresh, powdery scent on my skin but has no staying power on my clothes or even in my hair. Come lunch time I usually have to add a few more spritzes. Which dissappoints me in a way - even though I purchased the bottle for .25, I can't imagine paying full price and having to do this many touch-ups.
The smell .. is odd, but in a good way? I actually apply this to me first thing when I get up. The smell at first is overwhelming (to me atleast) and it takes a good 5-10 minutes for it to set into my skin and actually smell decent. When it does finally settle, the comes off as a 'just been washed' smell. My husband told me it reminds him of laundry that been hung out to air dry in the country. (LoL)
All in all, I think the product is decent. It's a good "work" day scent for me, not something I would choose for a night out. It's also not something I'm sure I would repurchase for myself once my bottle is gone, but always something I will love to get as a gift.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by marhope78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great everyday type scent. As others have said, I wish it lasted a little longer but it really is lovely and clean smelling. It's my "fresh out of the shower" scent... reminds me of a finely milled French floral soap. Very pretty! I actually got a special edition holiday bottle with peachy-pink frosted glass and shimmery sparkles all along the bottom of it. Dresses it up a bit;)