Philosophy Amazing Grace cologne

3.7

on 11/9/2013 12:14:00 PM

I will repurchase this, even though I believe it is too expensive for the quality of the product.

I use this because my husband has allergies, and cannot tolerate most perfumes--this one he can. The scent does not last a long time, definitely not throughout the whole day. I also work in a small office, where a stronger fragrance would be overpowering.

Until I can find something better, I am stuck with this...

on 11/4/2013 2:56:00 PM

I want to cry because Amazing Grace was truly amazing before Coty ruined it. It was a soft floral musk with a unique beauty. I wore it everyday. Body lotion cologne body wash You name it I wanted it. Whenever I met someone new IALWAYS GOT A COMPLIMENT on how pretty my scent was. Well the tables have turned not one compliment. Guess why. There is no fragrance after five minutes of applying. The bodywash has not a trace of smell and the lotion barely a trace of fragrance.. Also the fragrance is different off if you know what I mean. I question where is Cotys quality control. I will not purchase my lost love unless it returns to the way it was. SHAME ON YOU COTY FOR DESTROYING SOMETHING SO LOVELY

on 6/27/2013 9:49:00 AM

I don't understand the hate some people give this fragrance. It is a beautiful fragrance and smells great on everyone. Maybe understated and classy just isn't for everyone...

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I don't personally own this product, but my friend wears it. It's a very light smell -- not too powdery or florally, just fresh-out-of-the-shower-skin clean with a hint of musk. Nothing remarkable, but far from boring. To me it says "I'm a nice girl and I feel nice today". If it had a colour, it would be pale peach. It also smells exactly like my L'Oreal Color Radiance detangling spray ;)

on 2/24/2013 9:58:00 AM

General floral, very clean and unoffensive. Love the scent, but hate the staying power. I purchased the edp last year with my birthday money, thinking the scent would last longer, but I went through the bottle way too quickly. It just doesn't last and you need more than one spray. Plus, you'd have to reapply later in the day. If it wasn't for that problem, I'd repurchase this.

on 1/15/2013 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been wearing this perfume for a decade. It's my signature scent and my number one go to when I don't want to smell all perfume-y. It's just clean. Period. Not overly sweet. My friend once described it as warm rain. It's kinda hard to describe, at least with my chemistry anyway. You can actually get away with even just wearing the lotion alone, the fragrance has that much staying power, long after you realize you're even wearing it anymore. I have never in my life have had as many compliments on a fragrance as I have had with AG. I get a least one compliment everytime I wear it out. Times that by 10 years. I've literally had a few people actually come up to me and THANK me for smelling do nice. Lol. Kid you not. I will ALWAYS have a bottle of this on my dresser for the rest of my life. As for only 4 stars; its just after 10 years I've been on a search (unsuccessfully btw) for something new and fresh to discover.

on 12/28/2012 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I cannot understand the popularity of this scent! I sprayed it on at ULTA and had to go and wash my hand right away! This stuff smells bad! I gave it a 2 because it's not the worst scent I've ever smelled. I really have not been very impressed with any of the Philosophy scents truthfully.

This smells like something you would keep in the bathroom in your restaurant for ladies to spritz on themselves before they go back to their table.. Forgettable. Nearly undetectable from other parties.. Smells soapy but not necessarily clean. The packaging is adorable, though. I've had small splash on bottle for 6+ months and have yet to use half.. Just not my style.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I dunno how I've been an MUA member for so long and only now tried this perfume b/c I have heard ya'll talking about it forever. So I sampled it at Sephora and I really like it. I can't really justify the price of it though for not being a totally unique scent. The roller ball size is more up my alley. This scent sparks something nostalgic in my brain, although I can't quite place it. I love how clean it smells. It isn't a sharp soapy smell though, just clean and soft. I do agree with the reviewer who stated that it isn't exactly youthful though. I can't give you a reason why I feel this way about it, that's just how it is. Doesn't mean that I don't find it a great scent though.

Update: I ended up getting a bottle of the body mist. It is surprisingly long lasting. I discovered that this and Falling In Love are pretty close in terms of scent, but Falling in Love is just a bit more sweet and creamy smelling... so it seems a bit more youthful than Amazing Grace.

on 9/27/2012 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was so excited about trying this product that I drove hours to get it at Ulta. I think I have been watching too many QVC presentations and thought I had to get it.

I have to say, I am not that impressed. I think the scent is fine. I don't think it is offensive and I think most people would actually like it. I do like it but I don't love it and I wouldn't re-purchase it mainly because the scent is so faint it is barely noticable. I don't want people to be suffocated by my perfume but I do want it to be somewhat present at least for my own benefit. You could put 10 sprays of this thing and it would still smell faint and distant as can be.

So, for that reason I am disappointed and would not get it again. I also think that the smell pulls a little bit mature/old lady. I can't pin point why but to me, it is not very youthful. Kind of flowery but in an older way. I would feel comfortable giving this to my grandmother but not a girl in high school or even college. I also think it seems bit more wintery. I am not sure I would consider it a year round scent.

The bottle is plain and simple but I think it is nice and flows with the Philosophy products and their image.

This is my first experience with Philosophy fragrance and probably my last. I don't think it is fair to pay so much money for something that has no and I mean NO staying power. I really enjoy getting little whiffs of my perfume during the day and this is like....gone in 60 seconds.

Popular Fragrances