September 21, 2014 | 1033 users online

Treatments - Orly - Cutique - Stain & Cuticle Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 4:19:00 AM More reviews by Arbuz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My HG for now! I don't have wide experience with this type of products, but I'm so glad Olry didn't disappoint me with this one. Removes my cuticle gently and nicely, makes my manicure look neat. I have never put it on for longer than instruction says, so I haven't experinced that it is strong or drying out. My nails don't get yellow from it either.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2009 5:37:00 AM More reviews by moondogfluffy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cuticle remover, unlike others I've tried, actually removes excess cuticle, and doesn't just mush it around. It is very strong, You have to be careful with it and experiment with it, leaving it on only as long as you need to. Follow up with a sugar scrub and a good hand cream, because this is very drying.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2009 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Jane_Dewey

Maybe I'm doing something wrong with how I use this product. It does remove cuticles quickly. However, I thought it actually made my nails slightly YELLOW, which eventually fades. I didn't like this product at all for that reason. I might just need to brush it on, and then wipe it off instead of using an orange stick to push back the cuticles. Maybe I left it on too long.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2008 12:24:00 AM More reviews by suggrr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Orly’s Cutique is sold as a cuticle and stain remover. According to the back of the box, “Cutique gently removes dead tissue, making cuticles soft and pliable. Leaves nail whiter. Great for pedicures." Cutique does remove most cuticles, though not as well or as thoroughly as my HG Barielle Extra Gentle Cuticle Minimizer. But the packaging of Cutique is better, and it's easier to find, so for now, I'd repurchase Cutique. I do find that Cutique doesn't do much for stain removal. For that, I've heard of people using Bubble White, denture cleaner, Crest Whitestrips or similar tooth-whitening products, and cleaning the bathroom with Comet without gloves on. Use any of these at your own risk though!

"Directions: Apply to cuticle for 30-60 seconds and gently push back with an orangewood stick or pusher. Rinse thoroughly with warm water or ample amount of ORLY CLEAN PREP.” You’re not supposed to leave this on your nails for more than 5 minutes, and it can apparently cause blindness, so keep Cutique away from your eyes. I did find that if I left Cutique on for more than 3-4 minutes, it did peel the surface of my nails. If any cuticle was left over after about a minute, I would try using a buffer (after I washed Cutique off) to remove it instead of scraping at the nail bed with the orangewood stick and potentially causing damage to my nail. Cutique is a solid product that doesn't wow me, but it is less damaging on my nails than Sally Hansen in the blue bottle so I'd repurchase it.

Ingredients: water (aqua), potassium hydroxide, polysorbate 80, sesamum indicum (sesame) seed oil, carbomer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2008 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Ania_Wang

This is a really great product! It works perfectly and it's not expensive! I will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2008 3:07:00 PM More reviews by patchoulissime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've never really had problems with overgrown cuticles, but I keep getting hangnails no matter how often I use cuticle oil. I usually clip them off with clippers, but because my skin is so dry, I often end up bleeding. Cutique should also remove staining, and since my beloved NailTek II Intensive Therapy leaves yellowish stains on my nails that even acetone-containing remover can't get rid off, I decided to give it a try.

Cutique really seems to soften the cuticle, and that makes clipping the hangnails off million times easier and safer. I think it would work well with overgrown or dry, hard cuticles too. With stain removing it did an OK job, but I did expect a bit more.

Since the consistency is so runny a little goes a long way and unlike with some other cuticle removers you don't need to use a gasmask either. I really like the Orly rubber caps too - makes opening the bottle so much easier!

I gave it only 4 lippies instead of 5 because I didn't feel it removed the stains well enough, but would still repurchase.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Potassium Hydroxide, Polysorbate 80, Sesame Oil, Carbomer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2007 6:34:00 PM More reviews by debbism

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only cuticle remover that really works AND works fast without drying out. It is also the best in helping to loosen what adhered to the nail plate without needing to scrape hard.

I have even found that in a pinch, I can use it without soaking my hands and only takes a little bit longer to soften the cuticle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2006 2:00:00 AM More reviews by MerryBerriesNCherries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't really have cuticle gripes so I don't know how it does with that, but as a stain remover it's not bad. It's alot better than some of the other junk from Sally's that I've tried. As others have mentioned, you just put it on like a nail polish, wait, rub it off, and rinse. I have to repeat it two or three times as even my slightest stained nails are stubborn.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2005 3:10:00 PM More reviews by pamelabova

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great product! i am very fussy about my nails and this works wonders. brush it on, wait a few minutes, push back with an orange stick and you're done! cuticles are groomed and attractive. a bit hard to find and i ended up buying it on the internet but i will purchase again regardless of shipping costs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2005 11:16:00 PM More reviews by lb2569

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pretty cool stuff! First, this is a cuticle remover. Just brush it over your cuticles, then push them back with a cuticle stick. The cuticle just sloughs right off, then just rinse it off when you're done. This is also a stain remover that works pretty well too. I'm a nail polish addict, so I'm almost never without it on my nails. But the once in a while that I am without it for a day, my nails look weird with an orange/yellowish stain to them from the nail polish. With this, I just brushed it over my nails, waited for a minute or two, wiped it off with a tissue, then rinsed it off with water when I was done. Now one or two nails had a little heavier stain, so I needed to repeat it a couple of times. Another nail was quite heavily stained, so I just ended up going over it just once or twice with a nail smoother file to get the final remains of the stain off, but this really worked quite well, considering how bad my nails were. This is the pinkest my nails have looked without polish in over a year at least. I would definitely repurchase this!