Bourjois Liner Feutre - 11 Noir

3.2

I hadn't used a felt tip liner in years but saw this on sale and thought I'd give it a go. I do my top liner almost everyday and was so impressed with this little guy. The black is really BLACK, the felt tip is fine enough for a subtle thin line or you can easily make a thicker line. It doesn't transfer (like maybelline gel liner does for me) and its staying power is great. Its easy to remove as well as I hate having to repeatedly rub my eyes. I'm a contact lense wearer to and this hasn't effected my eyes in any way. (Some gel liners get a bit flakey and get into my eyes). I do agree with the other reviews and you'll get the most out of it if you stand it tip side down. I normally do one eye, put the lid on give it a few taps/shakes and the colour comes back to the tip and your good to go on the next eye.

on 12/10/2012 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I always wanted a felt tip eyeliner and because most drugstore ones are really watery I got super excited when I finally found this one. It is very black and when I tried it out the colour was amazing and I loved the fine tip of the eyeliner.
But here is the downside... the tip dries really quickly and I need to keep it upside down otherwise the liquid will not reach the tip and therefore you won't be able to use it properly. Also one I'm done with one eye the tip has become too dry to line my other eyelid so I need to wait another 10min with the eyeliner upside down.
Concerning the staying power, it's ok. I get oily eyelids and it does smudge a little throughout the day but not too much.

I wouldn't buy this product again simply because I don't feel it's worth the money and I'd rather spend the extra money to get something that actually works.

on 11/2/2012 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I adore Bourjois cosmetics - not sure because of the quality of the products or of the nice packaging. I was looking for a new eyeliner since there is no more L'oreal - gold-matte one in stores. L'oreals golden and shiny black eyeliners aren't as pigmented as the gold-matte one.

Pros:
- nice, long container - easy to apply
- the tip is multipurpose - for making both thin & thick lines

Cons:
- doesn't last long (?) - I remember that I wasn't satisfied whenever I got home from a night out and looked myself at the mirror
- when first putting a powder eyeshadow, and then applying the eyeliner, the eyeliner stops to spread color - you have to clean it (remove the powder flakes) - never experienced it with L'oreal, haven't thought it can happen :)
- short lifetime - mine dried out pretty fast, ie. it stopped spreading color (used it a couple of times)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I have found better felt tip eyeliners.
It's very black, easy to apply, but can smudge easily. Also, it doesn't work well over layers of eyeshadow.

on 7/10/2012 9:10:00 PM

This is a very "meh" product. I'm just going to jump right into pros and cons.

Pros:
Fairly cheap.
Very black.

Cons:
-Seems to dry out after only being used for two seconds.
-The tip bends easily, definition and crisp lines become very hard to achieve.

It's not awful. it's not genius.

on 6/3/2012 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I m really bad at making cat eyes with eyeliners, but with this one is quite easy! the black is pretty, but it smuge a bit sometimes, depending if your foundation...
the bad thing on it is that sometimes is gets messy because it gets a bit dry to continue the line, and i shake it a bit and it works well...still i got a couple of black stops on my t-shirt from shaking it without cap :P

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've used this kind of 'felt tip' eyeliner before and was bitterly disappointed (I think it was the Max Factor one) with them drying out within a few days despite recapping as soon as I was finished.
However this Bourjois one I've used every day for months and it's only just running out now.
I have quite oily lids, and even with eye primer I'm yet to find an eyeliner that lasts all day on me. But compared to others this one has very good staying power (better for example than MAC fluidline).
Relatively easy and mess free to apply - I do wish the tip was a little finer, but it's the only eyeliner that I travel with - no need for brushes or cotton buds for clean up.
Probably not ideal for those who do the smokey eye or liner on the water line thing, but for me doing my top lid with a slight flick, it's perfect.
I can't find much to fault it - my fav mess free liquid liner, will buy again and soon!

on 5/22/2012 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Not understanding the bad reviews of this liner... I used to have super oily lids (they are only just a bit oily now) so I've had my fair share of terrible liner experiences but this was not one! It goes on very opaquely and smoothly and I had no problems with it smudging or fading. I did apply it on top of a primer potion which had l'oreal infallible eyeshadow over it (then the liner on top of that) and it has worn 7 hours and only has *just* started to transfer a little onto my lower lid. I've tried a lot of brands of liquid liner and they've all been disappointing until this one. Really loving it. I got it on sale, so maybe that doesn't hurt :P

on 5/12/2012 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

After swatching this instore I was super excited to try it on. Unfortunately, my excitement went to waste as I found that this liner would only really work on the naked eye and not so much on top of eyeshadows (in which the colour would be no where as near intense). The formula/felt tip is also a bit dry.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Awful product!! On the FIRST application it felt like it had run out! No amount of shaking would get the liquid out on to the tip. What you do get can't be applied very well because of the nature of the tip - it is more spongy than smooth and I felt like I had to scrape to get it on! Chucked it away instantly. Such a waste of money.

Top Rated Bourjois Products