April 20, 2014 | 934 users online

Treatments - Neutrogena - Instant Nail Enhancer [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2008 1:15:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I found this at Target---75% off, it was $1.49. I bought the pearl one.
    I love the finish, love the pearly look- makes your nails look healthy.
    I never wear anything but clear polish. Nail Envy matte was my #1 polish. This is great! I'll see how long it lasts. Easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2008 7:31:00 PM More reviews by rteammom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm addicted to this product! I've always wanted healthy, beautiful nails, but polish made my nails yellow, and without polish, my nails split and broke. I started using the Neutrogena Nail Enhancer about three weeks ago because it said it had vitamins and I liked the natural sound of a buffed sheen, and I'm so glad I did! My nails have grown so fast and are so clean and shiny, it's hard to believe they're really mine. They look like I've had a professional French manicure, and all I do is paint the nail enhancer on my nails while I'm watching TV in the evening. It dries in a flash, and I've never had any trouble with the applicator. I'll definitely be buying this again--it's my HG nail product!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by radsgirl

I don't understand this stuff. It's way more expensive than regular clear nail polish but doesn't look like anything on my nails (I only painted one hand to check). It smells weird and feels weird on my nails after it dries.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2007 11:16:00 PM More reviews by tnlfraz0820

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the perfect nail product to have in your purse if you are anything like me....I want to have nice nails that look pretty, but I don't really have the time or energy to put effort into making them look nice. Just a quick brush of this over each nail, and I'm left with a nice, light sheen, not nearly as shiny as if I'd applied clear polish, yet the lack of wait time for drying is worth it to me. I've found that on my nails this will last about 4-5 days before gradually wearing off. This is a bit more pricey than other ds nail polishes, but it has lasted me quite awhile. I'm curious to try this as well in the pearlescent shade that Neutrogena also offers.....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 1:42:00 PM More reviews by rainbodragon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this, though I could just put it on in front of the TV each night and have nice looking nails. Well they looked nice until I washed my hands anyway then it balled up into little stretchy bits that hung off my cuticles. Nasty!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2007 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Tara23

I wanted to like this product, but I will not be buying it again. The packaging is awful as the brush was ruined after just 2 applications. I think you'd be better off just buying some clear, fast-drying polish instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2007 5:51:00 AM More reviews by gracie97

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use the pearl type of this and think it gives nails a subtle polished quality that is more natural-looking than actual nail polish. I like never having to use polish remover (a bother and perhaps a health issue).

My only complaint is that with even the slighted pressure, the applicator tends to let out too much product so that it must be blotted before using. (Intrigued by mention of Sally Hansen Natural Shine Instant Nail Finish in another review of this -- that sounds like it might be very similar but easier to use.)

It seems a bit pricey for polish, but the tube provides many applications and lasts quite a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2007 4:36:00 AM More reviews by makeupallie

I was tired of stained nails from wearing nail polish & do not appreciate the thick, plastic acrylic look or the up keep involved.

So I first tried this product abt 2 years ago, both the natural & pearl shades.

The pros-easy to apply, fast drying, nice buffed natural look, & super great for travel (took it to europe for a month & had great nails the whole trip)

The cons - I have purchased probably 8 tubes of this product, both the clear & pearl type 3 of them I had to throw away when they were practically unused, because the applicator problems.

I've tried using nail polish remover to 'ungunk' the brush, which kinda worked....2 other times, the applicator brush just failed & the liquid would just dump out on my fingers, or not even come out at all....kinda frustrating.

Neutrogena you really need to fix the applicator problem!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2007 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Traonienn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a love-hate relationship with this product. It is the only thing that strengthens my weak nails without weighing them down and turning them yellow, which is what all other polishes and treatments do for me. Applies quickly, dries super fast and leaves a lovely finish. The smell is apparent for no more than 15 seconds, which isn't an issue for me. BUT THAT AWFUL APPLICATOR! The brush started to come off almost immediately, allowing the product to leak out the side. At first I was able to wash the clogged brush off with warm water to get it working again, but now it has completely stopped working. The worst part is that there is still about 1/2 of the product left! Maddening. I won't repurchase until they fix the applicator. UPDATE: I took the applicator apart and use a paintbrush to apply the product. It's worth the trouble, as I've never found anything that works this well for me; it's the best manicure for people who don't really like manicures!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2007 2:38:00 PM More reviews by PleasantCo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I sort of like a few things about this. It does improve the look of your nails with no polish. They look buffed without buffing and seem a little brighter/clean. It is fast to apply. It is easy to apply in that it doesn't look like you messed up if you get it on your skin.
    The bad things are that it seems a bit expensive for what it is-there's not a drastic change so $8 seems a couple of dollars much. The tube is a little hard to squeeze to get the product out onto the nail.