E.L.F. Clarifying Pressed Powder

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Kaolin, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Titanium Dioxide, Cyclomethicone, Zinc Stearate, Petrolatum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance(Aroma), Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Red No.27 Lake (CI 45410), Red No.7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ultramarines (CI 77007) 9/2/09

on 8/11/2014 5:01:00 AM

First I thought that this product was amazing, it was cheap and the shade matched my skin. But after few days of using it I noticed that my face was covered with small pimples, this product was said to be clarifying, but it only made my skin worse. Wouldn't buy this again! My skin is quite dry so maybe if you have oily skin then this would work for you.

on 8/4/2014 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

A decent purse powder. Great for teens and affordable I wish the packaging was better and that they had better shades but it's a nice powder nothing special but not bad.
I would use this over rimmel stay matte any day!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

GREAT emergency powder especially if you're on a budget! minimal packaging, no mirror but this product only costs a dollar or two so I'm not complaining. Color and oil control are both decent (I'm very oily) but I do
find myself reapplying about every two hours.

on 7/24/2014 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this powder. I can wear it alone. It gets really hot down here in the deep south so I don't wear foundation much. It gives great coverage and doesn't break out my acne prone skin.

I used this powder as a setting powder over some BB cream a few times and I only purchased this with my order from eyeslipsface.com to meet a minimum dollar amount for some promotional deal. I only used this with a kabuki brush and I never used this with the pad that came with the compact.

Pros:
-Incredible match for my skin tone. I have a lot of yellow and I'm around a NC20-25.
-Small, compact, pressed powder package is good for travel.

Cons:
-doesn't "clarify" my skin. =( Didn't seem to be that acne friendly. I may have to use it longer to notice a difference, but I'm currently experimenting with BB creams, but when I get to it, I will probably return to this to give it a better evaluation.
-Seems to cake and settle relatively easily.
-Provides light to medium coverage. I prefer heavy coverage, so I used this over a BB cream, but it made my skin feel like it couldn't breathe. I think this would be great for someone who is looking for a lighter coverage powder though.
-The lid popped off when I dropped it, but I pushed it back on. I could see this potentially breaking easily in the future though. =(

At this moment, I will not be using this on a regular basis. I highly prefer elf's powder mineral foundation (my go-to foundation), as the coverage seems more effective and even and helps my acne. This is only $1 though, but I feel that there is no way you will ever find a good quality powder for sensitive/acne-prone skin that will only cost a dollar (the world just doesn't seem to work that way!). For this reason, although I love elf products, I normally only purchase the mineral or studio lines. I just don't want to risk dollar make up on my sensitive face I suppose.

on 7/17/2014 9:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

this powder is ok. I was surprised it worked as well as it did. I take it to work with me for touch ups and could use it if I was away from home and needed some powder. I think I have the light beige. Color is ok on me.

on 6/28/2014 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

The powder itself is great. The packaging is ridiculously flimsy.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product gets two lippies, one for the super low price and the other for the colors available.

However something in this just sets my skin on fire. I have tried it as a setting powder, I have tried it alone on skin, I have tried it just to spot conceal. This powder makes my skin so itchy and irritated, it smells cheap and looks exactly like a powder you bought for $1.

It is really ironic that the skin "clarifying" powder is the only one out of all the powders I have tried that breaks me out.

Save you one dollar bill, go buy some bubblegum or something, it will save you some trouble.

on 4/6/2014 11:25:00 AM

I use this in the lightest shade because of its strong yellow tones. I am light skinned with yellow undertones. Most powders turn out too pink or orange on me. I'm most definitely yellow-neutral. I find that the powder adds the tone I need and doesn't accentuate dry or flaky areas. I use it over almay cc cream and it doesn't take away the smooth, glowy look. It just keeps things looking creamy instead of oily.

i bought this product because i was a beginner with makeup and thought that since it was such a cheap price it would be a great powder to start with! it did last me a long time but it not only left my face looking like it had an orangey tint to it, but i also noticed that the more i used it, the more i would breakout. i started eliminating products i used on my face one by one to try and figure out which one was the culprit and it ended up being this. although this powder is an amazing price, it left my face looking orange and filled with acne so i would not recommend this to other people.

Popular Pressed Powders