October 1, 2014 | 1909 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Clarifying Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by shellie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this in the lightest shade because of its strong yellow tones. I am light skinned with yellow undertones. Most powders turn out too pink or orange on me. I'm most definitely yellow-neutral. I find that the powder adds the tone I need and doesn't accentuate dry or flaky areas. I use it over almay cc cream and it doesn't take away the smooth, glowy look. It just keeps things looking creamy instead of oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by musicgrrl4410

i bought this product because i was a beginner with makeup and thought that since it was such a cheap price it would be a great powder to start with! it did last me a long time but it not only left my face looking like it had an orangey tint to it, but i also noticed that the more i used it, the more i would breakout. i started eliminating products i used on my face one by one to try and figure out which one was the culprit and it ended up being this. although this powder is an amazing price, it left my face looking orange and filled with acne so i would not recommend this to other people.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Snoowhite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm fair skinned but I'm not overly pale. I usually buy light beiges and even can get away with nude colours. BUT this is too dark to be a light beige!! I will only be using this for contouring and bronzing I think. Disappointed but you get what you pay for and it's also really small !!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Marianaburgos

Horrible! It looks cheap and looks bad

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by MinnieMay9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I did not like this as a foundation alone, but I love it as a powder to go over my BB Cream. I don't have the problem of extra product coming off as I use my brush on it. I love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by ImogensMakeupReviews

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Really surprised with the colour! I picked the lightest because I have very pale Irish skin but I'm pretty sure I could use this as a bronzer! Real shame as I was looking forward to using it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by canadablonde

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The price is right but the colours are wrong. I used the ivory, which was the lightest I could find since I'm pale and always do fine opting for the fairest colour choices in makeups. I found it was very yellow on my skin. Even my boyfriend commented that I was looking yellow and he wouldn't notice if I shaved my head.
I use it now just to lock in concealer under my eyes (and hope the yellow counteracts the dark blue circles!)

Maybe there is a lighter tone in this product I should try, but I can't find it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by thebeautyunknown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this powder, super cheap and gets the job done.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by kloudd4

well this stuff was a big mistake. I have a very mild acne problem and usually only break out with a couple of tiny zits when I'm about to get my period. about 4 to 5 days after using this powder I broke out worse than I ever have before. big, painful and stubborn pimples mostly on my cheeks. I immediately knew it had to be this powder and stopped using it. it's been a week and my face is finally starting to go back to normal. also, it made my face super oily and shiny and gross looking after a few hours. screw this crap.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just couldn't get this to work for me. The colors never ever match my skin tone, even though I tried everything from ivory to light beige, and when applied it looks overly powdery and cakey. The packaging is too small and hard to open, but what can you expect for a dollar? I'd rather buy my avon powder for eight dollars. Still cheap, and such an amazing translucent powder. Although this is dog cheap, will not repurchase. Oh, and it also leaves a funny circular shape on your face from the roughness of the applicator. Yikes!