April 19, 2014 | 1751 users online

Masks - LUSH - Ayesha Face Mask

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this mask for more than a week but I do not know what to say about it, I still try to figure out if it does something for me.
First of all, I was recomended this mask as a magic mask that firms and lifts the face (not that I need that yet.. but sounds interesting, so I decided to try it). The smell and texture of this mask is kind of yuck, it does not dry fast (good thing) and its easy tow ash it off. However, I am not sure it does anything! Yes, my face feels little smooth, very dry (needs moisturizer for sure).. but still.. there are many other masks that are better for me. I would say, this mask might be for older age, with oily skin type.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

They didn't have my Love Lettuce, so I bought this instead. I try to steer clear of talc and they are the only ones without. I like it! It feels really nice and makes my skin look really clean and crisp. I don't have many wrinkles, but I really notice that my skin looked nice the next day. It feels really soft too. I like the smell. It is different but very fresh. I haven't used Lush masks in awhile and this is a nice treat. I have a free one coming up after this as well!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2010 9:20:00 AM More reviews by SomaFairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not very fond of the smell of this mask I'm very sensitive to scents. I'm used to it now, but at the beginning, this made me gag a little bit. I'm sure it's not as bad as that to most people, though (as previous reviews attest)! :p

I'm quite young and this mask claims to reduce wrinkles, so I can't really comment on that. I bought it, however, because of the astringents that apparently reduce pore size. I can't say that I noticed huge results with this mask my skin felt and looked smoother, but that may be because it's fairly scrubby when you wash it off, and any exfoliant will do that, really.

It didn't make me break out and the consistency makes it a dream to apply, but I don't think I'll repurchase. It feels pretty average for the price and I can get similar (maybe even better) results with Angels on Bare Skin. I prefer Catastrophe Cosmetic in Lush's biofresh range, but if my beloved Catastrophe Cosmetic was out of stock, I'd consider getting Ayesha.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by alt629

This does have an odd smell - the asparagus - but it's not a bad smell. I didn't notice a huge difference in my skin after using it. It did leave skin feeling dried out. Nothing too special.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by lunadestella

Ayesha is my first Lush purchase. I was pretty excited to buy this fresh organic mask, especially after how the guy who sold it to me raved about it. I will say this ... Ayesha has a very unique smell. I suspect it's the asparagus. Anyway, it felt pretty good going on. Very creamy and rich, something I'd like to have in a mask. I left it on until it dried (so maybe 15-20 minutes) and then washed it off. My skin felt and looked amazing. This mask really does what it's meant to do; give you awesome looking skin for a special night out. I can't really say when my face ever looked so good.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 4:56:00 AM More reviews by MyUsername156

I leave this on for 10 minutes, then dampen my skin and massage it really well into my face, and boy, does it make a fantastic face scrub! Theres lots of these really teeny unidentifiable particles that make my skin very smooth. It also looks quite glowy and healthy, but nothing too major. Would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Tippchick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this free today when I was buying some bath products to give in lieu of Easter eggs for the children in my life. It was one I had wanted to try but never been bothered enough to actually remember to buy it. This has changed now because I'm converted.

The product has a distinct smell but not a bad one. Just a fresh, unusual one. I applied it straight from the fridge after washing my face and only left it on for about 5 minutes.

The texture is a bit gritty, which is probably due to the clay
My skin felt and looked so smooth when I washed the mask off. I also had an incredible rosy glow, which made me look so happy and youthful--neither of which I would say I really am.

I've never experienced a miracle mask or had a facial that convinced me that I should start getting them regularly but I do like this mask more than the Yes to Cucumbers one I had been using, which had a bit of a cloying fragrance or at least was much more pronounced than this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by RedBlack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I loved it
First disclaimer: I have really great skin in the first place so your mileage may very.

I got this for free when I turned in 5 empty pots to the store.

I tried it on at home and I really did like the piney smell (BF said it was nice too).

I left it on for longer than instructed meybe 20 min.
Washed it off and WOW.

Like I said, I have great skin in the first place but I looked even better. Pores smaller, very radiant, more toned. Can't comment on wrinkles- I don't have much on that front in the first place.

Often when I apply stuff to my facial skin I break-out or get tiny bumps. This is why I dont use much on my face (and like I said, I look good without it). But it impressed me that I had a good reaction to this product rather than a negative one since my skin usually just wants to be left alone.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by sandybabii

The mask smelt so weird that it made me really want to take it off as I didn't want to smell it anymore.
But having said that, after rinsing off the mask my skin did look smoother!
But I don't think I will use it again due to the smell.. just too weird!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2009 3:34:00 AM More reviews by ali_has_curves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Used today, rather impressed have enough of the sample for another trial. Gentle enough on skin, face had a rosey glow afterwards, no immediate reaction, and smelt ok.