September 19, 2014 | 878 users online

Mascara - Mavala - Eye-Lite Waterpoof

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2009 12:39:00 PM More reviews by kajong

I bought it just yesterday because it was on sale ($44 HKD each...which is about $5.65 USD, which I consider is very cheap, considering its brand, added benefit (0.5% protein extract), un-cheap packaging considering its price, and its rather well-designed wand. I was expecting something more clumsy and cheap looking, but was pleasantly surprised to find that Mavala made such an effort for a budget mascara.

Sure, it smudges and gives me raccoon eyes in about an hour, but that's because I live in Hong Kong where it's really hot and humid. Plus, I have slightly oily eyelids too...

Overall, this is a decent mascara that provides good pigmentation, length, curl, and some nutrition. But don't expect to get any "oomph" from this mascara, as you may with Lancome's Fatale or Hypnose. I have naturally long, curly and thick lashes to begin with, but this mascara failed to give me anything striking. I really only bought it to satisfy my curiosity - I keep hearing about how good it is!

I might repurchase if it ends up providing verifiable benefits to my lashes.

Thanks for reading, and hope this helps you decide!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2008 7:26:00 PM More reviews by jadedgurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite mascara. I use it in conjunction with Talika Lipocils and I sware they have made my lashes so long. Mavala Double Lash is created with natural active ingredients that stimulate lash growth and I believe it. I will definitely re purchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2008 10:00:00 AM More reviews by ArMeLLe

Great mascara. Leaves lashes FULL and SUPER SOFT. No crumbs even after 3 coats. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2008 2:48:00 PM More reviews by laras219

i love it! no clumps at all - it really does a great job in separating my lashes, no smudge in lower lashes, makes my lashes look naturally long! would definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2008 5:00:00 AM More reviews by missajeng

I have it in Noir (Black) and I use it daily (I have black eyes, black hair, NC20 skin).
It's really easy to remove, even if it says Waterproof. Staying power is good and it doesn't smudge under regular activities (not exercising, long exposure under sun). I apply it at 8am and stays 95% perfect until after 8pm.
The wand is great for lengthening because it is curved.
The only downside is, it doesn't thicken at all. So it's only good for a daytime mascara, not for evening / partying / clubbing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 2:05:00 AM More reviews by marsqurine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an above average mascara :) This retails for about SDG$15 for a 12ml tube. I have this is Noir (Black) and it is waterproof :) It says that it is 0.5% protein enriched. This also seems to last for quite a long while, mine still have quite a lot left even with frequent usage. I don't have any problems with it smudging yet though :) I also like the wand, it is crescent-shaped and I have no problems reaching all my lashes if I am careful :) However, the downside is that I don't see much lenghtening and volumizing properties with this mascara. This just coats my natural lashes and it is quite a good mascara for a natural daytime look :) However, for those who are looking for more in a mascara, then this is not a mascara for you :) I will repurchase this though :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2007 8:37:00 AM More reviews by alixnaiq

This was my first coloured mascara. I'd never heard of this brand but I was looking for a green mascara and picked up a tube of this mascara in Foret. It's a lovely forest green which goes with most cool tones of eyeliner or shadow, and the mascara goes on very smoothly without clumping and stays put. Initially I had problems seeing the colour but realised that the secret was to leave my lashes uncurled before putting on the mascara - this way you get a subtle blurred line of colour along your eye. Mavala's Foret is far more highly pigmented than Bourjois' Vert Honolulu Maxi Frange waterproof mascara which I've tried since then. I usually apply a couple of coats of this green over a base of black or brown mascara on my top lashes. I wear Foret with MAC Liquidlast Point Black or Inky eyeliner & MAC Shadowy Lady (matte eggplant purple) shadow, as well as on its own - it livens up my eyes when I'm going for subdued eyes & strong red-brown or berry pink lips.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2007 10:36:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is equally bad like a lot of mascara. It smudges and gives me racoon eyes in the summer.

The packaging looks like medicine bottles. Yucks. Really ugly. And it isn't too cheap either.

Since then I've found my HG mascara (dejavu fiberwings and KissMe Mascara, both japanese brand).

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2007 9:35:00 AM More reviews by yiingz

I really wanted to like this mascara. Loved its curved brush, which could coat my typically short Asian lashes without any difficulty, especially after I curled them. However, despite its claims of being waterproof, it SMUDGES every time I use it! Be it during the day (humid - understandable) or at night (cool & breezy - so why smudge?!) I end up with raccoon eyes :( Looks like my search for the perfect waterproof mascara continues.....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2006 8:22:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My HG is cake mascaras and I didn't intend to ever use wand mascaras again, but I couldn't find any cake mascaras in midnight blue so I bought this Mavala mascara, based on reviews here on MUA and because I don't like big-name overhyped brands. I love this mascara!! It will be my new HG along with cake mascaras (which I don't intend to give up). Unlike other wand mascaras this one is sooo light, when I put it on it feels like I'm not wearing anything but it gives me SUPER length and volume. The small light wand is also the easiest one I have ever used to control and manoeuvre. I like this so much that in spite of owning several cake mascaras I'm going to go out and buy another Mavala mascara in black, to use when I'm in a hurry! An extra plus is the nourishing castor oil in its formula.