April 20, 2014 | 948 users online

Highlighters - Smashbox - Soft Lights - Smashing Highlight

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2007 6:19:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

This is my favorite highlighter of all time! Its color is very sheer and compliments your skin,just don't overdo it! The pot is huge and you will never have to replace. I have had mine for about a year and there is hardly a dent in it. So in my opinion it is very cost effective!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2007 11:06:00 PM More reviews by xcessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Even though I said I'd buy this again, I don't think I'll ever have to because the pan is very large! When I got it, I thought it was a really ugly yellowish colour, but once its on it is so gorgeous. This is definitely something I'll be turning to quite a bit. Its got a perfectly sheer pink iridescent quality, and doesn't turn white or silvery like some highlighters do. I imagine it would look lovely layered over a blush, but so far I've only used it by itself, above foundation on my cheekbones and it really gave me that little pick-me-up my winter skin needed!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2006 11:52:00 AM More reviews by keavy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WOW is all I can say about this highlighter/blush. It's unlike any other I've tried and it's VERY BEAUTIFUL ! In the pan it looks peachy with a hint of pink iridescence. Once I put it on it looked a lot pinker than I thought it'd be.It was a beautiful glowing iridescent pink...I couldn't really see the peach maybe because my skin has yellow golden undertones already so the pink stands out on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2006 1:13:00 PM More reviews by noradar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I REALLY LOVE this one! IMO, Highlight gives the most perfect peachy-pink glow - I only use it on the apples of my cheeks, not all over my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2006 7:31:00 PM More reviews by WillyWonka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this face color so much! When I first received it, I thought I made a mistake because the color in the pan looks like a typical face powder with no color. HOWEVER, when I applied it, my skin glowed! I love the irridescence and think it makes my skin look ethereal. I'm so sick of powders that have too much sparkle but I also hate matte powders. This is a terrific everyday color that adds just a hint of whimsy. Highly recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2006 11:41:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

The SoftLights are marketed as an allover powder for face and body, to add color and/or shimmer. they come in a huge large pot with clear twist off lid and retail for $26. It seems kinda steep for the price, but the pot is pretty big. There are several colors including Lens, Tint, Shimmer, Prism, Halo, Highlight, Luminance,and Glow. Smashing Highlight used to be named Smashing Star but renamed with the 2005 collection. Its a soft shimmery peach with a pink irridescence to it in certain light. It makes a pretty blush color dead on, but then you move in the light and the pink irridiscence is somewhat cheesy looking to me. I prefer this as a highlighter on the cheekbones because the irridescent color can enlarge pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2005 3:26:00 PM More reviews by glitterbomb

This highlighter was not what I expected it to be. Judging from the color in the pan, I expected it to give a glow that I could sweep all over, but once it's on, it gives this strange radioactive-like pink sheen that is anything but flattering. This is definitely going back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2005 4:00:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When I skip using face powder, a sweep of this over my blush gives me the most beautiful glow - a sheer nude wash of color with an irridescent pink sheen. It looks at one with my skin and gives me radiant, healthy-glowing cheeks. Buuuttt, if I use it over face powder it looks chalky and thick. Wierd! This isn't a problem because I normally skip face powder anyhow. Would definitely repurchase and recommend to others!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2005 1:29:00 AM More reviews by sisterdes

I'd buy this again if I ever ran out definitely but it comes in a generous size. I"m not sure what I can add that others haven't already said. This is the only highlighter that isn't completely obvious/sparkly/ and doesn't make my pores/imperfections stand out in high relief. It sort of looks like Mac's motif eyeshadow, because of the golden yellow orange tone that gives a pink iridescence. So I started using it as eyeshadow as well! It looks fantastic as both. I'm really impressed. I look like I glow, not like I'm oily or sparkly! And I'm not usually a fan of smashbox products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2005 11:20:00 AM More reviews by sway_1nik

Love Love Love this stuff. I use it on my brow bone and on my cheeks when I want a little bit of shimmer. It has a very very soft golden yellowish white shimmer to it but not over bearing at all. The consistency is great too. Not too thin at all but not so thick that you feel like you're covered with guck when you put it on. The round container it comes in is so easy to stick in my purse so I take it every wear. Especially on the days when I wake up late and feel that I look really sallow, this stuff really wakes me up and makes me look bright eyed and gleaming. Will definitely buy again :)