NARS Niagara

4.4

on 5/8/2013 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I was vaguely aware this shade existed, but to be honest, it never caught my eye until I saw it featured in a You Tube video. With my interest piqued, I decided to swatch it in Sephora and I fell . . . . in LOVE.
There is something so stunning about this shade. I think part of the allure is in its elegant simplicity. Itís neither coral nor red. Itís not pinky or peachy. It is at once unique and universal. This is a lipstick you could wear to work on a boring old Tuesday or on date night with your special someone. Running out to pick up milk at the grocery store? Swipe on a bit of Niagara and youíll instantly look pulled together. Job interview? Niagara says, ďHire me. I am reliable, fastidious, but not flashy.Ē
As if the shade itself werenít enough of a selling point, letís discus the sumptuous, creamy texture and semi-matte finish, both of which work towards making this color all the more perfect.
Ladies, if you have not already done so, do yourself an immense favor and treat yourself to this gem of a lipstick. You will not be disappointed.

This is a pretty color so I'm giving it a fair rating. It's not flattering on me though! I have dark hair, dark eyes, and light skin (neutral/golden undertones). This is just blah on me. My favorite NARS lipstick is still Belle de Jour.

on 4/12/2013 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this lipstick online thinking it would be more pinky toned but it's actually a darker toned coral which is different to what I normally wear, I like bright lips or nude lips, but I absolutely love this colour and it's now one of my go to lipsticks.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Sorry, in minority, hideous formula, so dry and matte it lasts two seconds on your lips and peels off.

on 12/2/2012 9:45:00 PM

My favorite lipstick, hands down. I can wear this color to work and going out. It instantly perks up my smile and is a great compliment to my fair skin tone which is generally too pale for traditional reds. I pair this with Nars Orgasm blush with a neutral eye for a polished look.

on 11/21/2012 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is such a lovely coral-pink colour and it brightens up my face instantly. Its semi-matte formula is so awesome! So smooth and does not dry my lips. I would put on a layer of lipbalm, dab it with facial tissue, and apply Niagara, top it off with a little lipgloss at the middle top and bottom of the lips. I am so in love with the effect! Brings me anywhere from work to play. Apply 1-2 layer for that my-lips-but-better look; 3-4 layers for the play and fun look. Extremely versatile! HG! However, the 2 cons of this product are that it would not last after a meal and the matte black packaging is so easily dirtied. I have tried several lipsticks from MAC/YSL/Dior but could not find such suitable colours and they are often too creamy and creates the "artificial" look.

on 9/1/2012 7:53:00 PM

Niagara has been my go-to coral-pink this summer as the coral trend has taken over all of our lives. For all that, it's kind of a safe coral because of the pink--not too orange, won't yellow out your teeth, etc. You could call it watermelon and not be far off. I'm a pale/cool PPP and it brightens up my face for either daytime or casual evening, plays well with a range of eye looks. For comparison, it's brighter and more coral than Montego Bay, NARS' Pure Matte coral-pink, which is definitely more pink than coral and is also a fun choice; it reminds me somehow of a younger cousin of MAC Hot Tahiti or Chanel Euphoria, which are both pinky-reds and two of my favorite lippies. So if you like any of those, give Niagara a go. Comfy to wear, and unlike many of NARS' sheer lippies it has great color payoff and good staying power.

on 8/4/2012 4:41:00 PM

Beautiful pink-coral, it's like a pink-toned version of Vegas Volt. It is kind of drying but I still love it.

on 5/22/2012 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have purchased and purged this twice now. I am not sure what the problem is with it. The color is just a little too dark, and the texture is just not creamy/glossy enough for me to keep it. It tends to be a bit drying as well. I prefer other brighter more fun corals and pinks for summer.

on 5/12/2012 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am very pale with brown hair that has hints of auburn. I wear MBB makeup, not too wild, so my lipsticks include NARS Dolce Vita, MAC Viva Glam V, etc. I was getting bored with all those small variations, so wanted something bright to go with the corals I wear but that didn't scream it's presence. Well this is IT, sister! The SA initially showed me Smashbox Be Legendary in Primrose, and while pretty on my, it was just a mauvy-pink. I wandered to the NARS zone and tried Niagara and *knew* this was the one. It's so nice to walk out of the store feeing like you scored a win instead of wondering if you'd regret spending the bucks on your new color. Yes, this one is a keeper -- my new happy spring/summer color.

Popular Lipsticks