April 18, 2014 | 929 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Niagara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by whoatrishh

My favorite lipstick, hands down. I can wear this color to work and going out. It instantly perks up my smile and is a great compliment to my fair skin tone which is generally too pale for traditional reds. I pair this with Nars Orgasm blush with a neutral eye for a polished look.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by Maggc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is such a lovely coral-pink colour and it brightens up my face instantly. Its semi-matte formula is so awesome! So smooth and does not dry my lips. I would put on a layer of lipbalm, dab it with facial tissue, and apply Niagara, top it off with a little lipgloss at the middle top and bottom of the lips. I am so in love with the effect! Brings me anywhere from work to play. Apply 1-2 layer for that my-lips-but-better look; 3-4 layers for the play and fun look. Extremely versatile! HG! However, the 2 cons of this product are that it would not last after a meal and the matte black packaging is so easily dirtied. I have tried several lipsticks from MAC/YSL/Dior but could not find such suitable colours and they are often too creamy and creates the "artificial" look.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by shesparkles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Niagara has been my go-to coral-pink this summer as the coral trend has taken over all of our lives. For all that, it's kind of a safe coral because of the pink--not too orange, won't yellow out your teeth, etc. You could call it watermelon and not be far off. I'm a pale/cool PPP and it brightens up my face for either daytime or casual evening, plays well with a range of eye looks. For comparison, it's brighter and more coral than Montego Bay, NARS' Pure Matte coral-pink, which is definitely more pink than coral and is also a fun choice; it reminds me somehow of a younger cousin of MAC Hot Tahiti or Chanel Euphoria, which are both pinky-reds and two of my favorite lippies. So if you like any of those, give Niagara a go. Comfy to wear, and unlike many of NARS' sheer lippies it has great color payoff and good staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

Beautiful pink-coral, it's like a pink-toned version of Vegas Volt. It is kind of drying but I still love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

I have purchased and purged this twice now. I am not sure what the problem is with it. The color is just a little too dark, and the texture is just not creamy/glossy enough for me to keep it. It tends to be a bit drying as well. I prefer other brighter more fun corals and pinks for summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by walkerma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am very pale with brown hair that has hints of auburn. I wear MBB makeup, not too wild, so my lipsticks include NARS Dolce Vita, MAC Viva Glam V, etc. I was getting bored with all those small variations, so wanted something bright to go with the corals I wear but that didn't scream it's presence. Well this is IT, sister! The SA initially showed me Smashbox Be Legendary in Primrose, and while pretty on my, it was just a mauvy-pink. I wandered to the NARS zone and tried Niagara and *knew* this was the one. It's so nice to walk out of the store feeing like you scored a win instead of wondering if you'd regret spending the bucks on your new color. Yes, this one is a keeper -- my new happy spring/summer color.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by aclev

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i saw this one on a fotd. loved it. the color is so pretty, a bright but not neon creamy coral that looks good with my pale skin. my natural lip color is a pretty dark mauve so this cooloer color is a big departure from my usual mlbb lippies. i like the formula, it's creamy and very pigmented. what i didn't like: it was expensive in my opinion, and the packaging is the expected- lint collecting, showing every fingerprint, sticky black container that i really don't think is very attractive. i would repurchase this just for the color and formula, but i'd try to hit a sale.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by cheetah7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the way this looks better in the tube than on my lips. In the tube it looks like a very nice, medium coral but on my pigmented lips, it leans too much on the pinker side than a true coral. It's not a bad color but I prefer a better balance between pink and peach/orange rather than a strong pull on the pink side. I guess because the formula is sheer so it lets my natural pigment show through. The formula is smooth, creamy but a bit too sheer. Lasting power is 3 hrs but doesn't leave my lips dry or cracked when it does fade. It has a slight scent and taste which doesn't bother me too much. The packaging is black and has the rubbery feel like the NARS blushes. Won't be a repeat buy since this is not a very good coral for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I am more a Dior / YSL/Chanel type of girl when it comes to lipsticks.
This is my first Nars lippie (I have tons of blushes and some eyeshadows that I all love) and I am impressed by the shade.
It is a bright, vivid coral pink (more pink than orange) that screams like summer. it is very feminine, reminds me of the 50's or 60's. best results when you're tanned or have a NC35- NC 45 skin.
Staying power could be improved... pls NARS listen to us!!! (not more than 3 hours on my lips, then you're left w/a stain) and I am NOT a fan of the pacakging, that looks and feels light and cheap (like ELF stuff).
For that price (same as a Dior lippie!!!!) they could do better.
However, even if I doubt I will ever repurchase (will never run out as this is a summer shade only for me) I recommend it, as the shade itself is wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by sodacrackers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite NARS lipsticks--a very lovely coral for medium-tan skin tones, with the right amount of brightness (not shocking, appropriate for offices :). Doesn't dry my lips, even makes it more supple looking. Finish is great, not too shiny, but definitely makes your whole mouth kissable. People have complained about the smell of NARS lipsticks, old crayons/waxy smell, but I actually don't mind them much, since they only smell that way in the tube. Matte packaging can get grubby, though--but I just tissue off fingerprints/smudges.