NARS Niagara

4.4

on 5/9/2013 9:27:00 PM

I was such an idiot for swapping this away years ago. I used to be very timid about lipstick (was more of of lip gloss person for most of my life) but now that I wear bright, almost neon colors many days of the week Niagara is totally tame and comfortable!

I thought I would give it a try again today at the NARS counter and it looked so so lovely on me paired with Gilda blush, some bronzer, copacabana highlighter and finishing powder. It was truly the EXACT pink-peachy color that I have been looking for for a long time. Hilarious that I used to actually own this lipstick but never wore it and swapped it away! silly me! but if I had kept that lippie it would be all dried out and gross now. better that someone got to enjoy it and now I am happy with my new tube of it. its so gorgeous and perfect for spring and summer.

I bet this looks amazing with Orgasm blush and neutral eyes/just mascara.

on 5/8/2013 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I was vaguely aware this shade existed, but to be honest, it never caught my eye until I saw it featured in a You Tube video. With my interest piqued, I decided to swatch it in Sephora and I fell . . . . in LOVE.
There is something so stunning about this shade. I think part of the allure is in its elegant simplicity. Itís neither coral nor red. Itís not pinky or peachy. It is at once unique and universal. This is a lipstick you could wear to work on a boring old Tuesday or on date night with your special someone. Running out to pick up milk at the grocery store? Swipe on a bit of Niagara and youíll instantly look pulled together. Job interview? Niagara says, ďHire me. I am reliable, fastidious, but not flashy.Ē
As if the shade itself werenít enough of a selling point, letís discus the sumptuous, creamy texture and semi-matte finish, both of which work towards making this color all the more perfect.
Ladies, if you have not already done so, do yourself an immense favor and treat yourself to this gem of a lipstick. You will not be disappointed.

This is a pretty color so I'm giving it a fair rating. It's not flattering on me though! I have dark hair, dark eyes, and light skin (neutral/golden undertones). This is just blah on me. My favorite NARS lipstick is still Belle de Jour.

on 4/12/2013 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this lipstick online thinking it would be more pinky toned but it's actually a darker toned coral which is different to what I normally wear, I like bright lips or nude lips, but I absolutely love this colour and it's now one of my go to lipsticks.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Sorry, in minority, hideous formula, so dry and matte it lasts two seconds on your lips and peels off.

on 12/2/2012 9:45:00 PM

My favorite lipstick, hands down. I can wear this color to work and going out. It instantly perks up my smile and is a great compliment to my fair skin tone which is generally too pale for traditional reds. I pair this with Nars Orgasm blush with a neutral eye for a polished look.

on 11/21/2012 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is such a lovely coral-pink colour and it brightens up my face instantly. Its semi-matte formula is so awesome! So smooth and does not dry my lips. I would put on a layer of lipbalm, dab it with facial tissue, and apply Niagara, top it off with a little lipgloss at the middle top and bottom of the lips. I am so in love with the effect! Brings me anywhere from work to play. Apply 1-2 layer for that my-lips-but-better look; 3-4 layers for the play and fun look. Extremely versatile! HG! However, the 2 cons of this product are that it would not last after a meal and the matte black packaging is so easily dirtied. I have tried several lipsticks from MAC/YSL/Dior but could not find such suitable colours and they are often too creamy and creates the "artificial" look.

on 9/1/2012 7:53:00 PM

Niagara has been my go-to coral-pink this summer as the coral trend has taken over all of our lives. For all that, it's kind of a safe coral because of the pink--not too orange, won't yellow out your teeth, etc. You could call it watermelon and not be far off. I'm a pale/cool PPP and it brightens up my face for either daytime or casual evening, plays well with a range of eye looks. For comparison, it's brighter and more coral than Montego Bay, NARS' Pure Matte coral-pink, which is definitely more pink than coral and is also a fun choice; it reminds me somehow of a younger cousin of MAC Hot Tahiti or Chanel Euphoria, which are both pinky-reds and two of my favorite lippies. So if you like any of those, give Niagara a go. Comfy to wear, and unlike many of NARS' sheer lippies it has great color payoff and good staying power.

on 8/4/2012 4:41:00 PM

Beautiful pink-coral, it's like a pink-toned version of Vegas Volt. It is kind of drying but I still love it.

on 5/22/2012 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have purchased and purged this twice now. I am not sure what the problem is with it. The color is just a little too dark, and the texture is just not creamy/glossy enough for me to keep it. It tends to be a bit drying as well. I prefer other brighter more fun corals and pinks for summer.

Popular Lipsticks