July 25, 2014 | 1617 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Niagara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 7:48:00 AM More reviews by Lornamary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this lipstick online thinking it would be more pinky toned but it's actually a darker toned coral which is different to what I normally wear, I like bright lips or nude lips, but I absolutely love this colour and it's now one of my go to lipsticks.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Sorry, in minority, hideous formula, so dry and matte it lasts two seconds on your lips and peels off.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by whoatrishh

My favorite lipstick, hands down. I can wear this color to work and going out. It instantly perks up my smile and is a great compliment to my fair skin tone which is generally too pale for traditional reds. I pair this with Nars Orgasm blush with a neutral eye for a polished look.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by Maggc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is such a lovely coral-pink colour and it brightens up my face instantly. Its semi-matte formula is so awesome! So smooth and does not dry my lips. I would put on a layer of lipbalm, dab it with facial tissue, and apply Niagara, top it off with a little lipgloss at the middle top and bottom of the lips. I am so in love with the effect! Brings me anywhere from work to play. Apply 1-2 layer for that my-lips-but-better look; 3-4 layers for the play and fun look. Extremely versatile! HG! However, the 2 cons of this product are that it would not last after a meal and the matte black packaging is so easily dirtied. I have tried several lipsticks from MAC/YSL/Dior but could not find such suitable colours and they are often too creamy and creates the "artificial" look.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by shesparkles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Niagara has been my go-to coral-pink this summer as the coral trend has taken over all of our lives. For all that, it's kind of a safe coral because of the pink--not too orange, won't yellow out your teeth, etc. You could call it watermelon and not be far off. I'm a pale/cool PPP and it brightens up my face for either daytime or casual evening, plays well with a range of eye looks. For comparison, it's brighter and more coral than Montego Bay, NARS' Pure Matte coral-pink, which is definitely more pink than coral and is also a fun choice; it reminds me somehow of a younger cousin of MAC Hot Tahiti or Chanel Euphoria, which are both pinky-reds and two of my favorite lippies. So if you like any of those, give Niagara a go. Comfy to wear, and unlike many of NARS' sheer lippies it has great color payoff and good staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

Beautiful pink-coral, it's like a pink-toned version of Vegas Volt. It is kind of drying but I still love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

I have purchased and purged this twice now. I am not sure what the problem is with it. The color is just a little too dark, and the texture is just not creamy/glossy enough for me to keep it. It tends to be a bit drying as well. I prefer other brighter more fun corals and pinks for summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by walkerma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am very pale with brown hair that has hints of auburn. I wear MBB makeup, not too wild, so my lipsticks include NARS Dolce Vita, MAC Viva Glam V, etc. I was getting bored with all those small variations, so wanted something bright to go with the corals I wear but that didn't scream it's presence. Well this is IT, sister! The SA initially showed me Smashbox Be Legendary in Primrose, and while pretty on my, it was just a mauvy-pink. I wandered to the NARS zone and tried Niagara and *knew* this was the one. It's so nice to walk out of the store feeing like you scored a win instead of wondering if you'd regret spending the bucks on your new color. Yes, this one is a keeper -- my new happy spring/summer color.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by aclev

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i saw this one on a fotd. loved it. the color is so pretty, a bright but not neon creamy coral that looks good with my pale skin. my natural lip color is a pretty dark mauve so this cooloer color is a big departure from my usual mlbb lippies. i like the formula, it's creamy and very pigmented. what i didn't like: it was expensive in my opinion, and the packaging is the expected- lint collecting, showing every fingerprint, sticky black container that i really don't think is very attractive. i would repurchase this just for the color and formula, but i'd try to hit a sale.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by cheetah7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the way this looks better in the tube than on my lips. In the tube it looks like a very nice, medium coral but on my pigmented lips, it leans too much on the pinker side than a true coral. It's not a bad color but I prefer a better balance between pink and peach/orange rather than a strong pull on the pink side. I guess because the formula is sheer so it lets my natural pigment show through. The formula is smooth, creamy but a bit too sheer. Lasting power is 3 hrs but doesn't leave my lips dry or cracked when it does fade. It has a slight scent and taste which doesn't bother me too much. The packaging is black and has the rubbery feel like the NARS blushes. Won't be a repeat buy since this is not a very good coral for me.