July 28, 2014 | 1725 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Rose Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 7:45:00 AM More reviews by FlawedAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After ignoring the shimmer bricks for years, I got turned on to them after enjoying the new LE Rose Gold and Wild Rose shimmer bricks so much. After loving those, I just had to get the Rose. It is definitely more cool and highlighterish than the new Wild Rose, but I really like it on my particular skin tone (NW10 for reference). It is gorgeous applied as a stand alone blush to the apples of my cheeks. When I use another product to contour my cheekbones, and then use this on the apples of my cheeks. Very pretty, unique product, and the lightest strip particularly makes a great highlighter. Like all the shimmer bricks, the consistency is super soft and blendable. I also love that BB is cruelty to free. I look forward to trying whatever new shimmer bricks might roll out this summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2012 6:10:00 AM More reviews by jordanXO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Packaging is cute.
This is...well...metallic .
I use it with a Mac 187 with a light hand and just lightly dab on the apples on my cheeks (avoiding the white stripe) and blend with 187.
I can't see this working on gals with mature skin or large pores.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by mya2403

Really wanted to like this but it was a bit too glittery for me up for swap it goes. A waste of 31.00.

I would perhaps buy again but in a different shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

I love this cult fave! It looks great as a highlighter over BB Peony blush for a dewy, youthful, rosy glow. I have to use a light hand so that it is not too shimmery though and blend really well. A ,little goes a long way and the packaging is elegant and perfect for travel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by wai260896

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this! it took me ages to decide whether to get this or not because of the price! 30.50 GPB is a lot for a blusher. But did you know, Bobbi Brown said, this can be doubled as a eyeshadow;) but because im asain, pink eyeshadows doesnt suit me! so i keep it simple as a blush, and i like how theres a highlight powder! the colour is so natural when applied on your cheeks! it is for EVERYONE, and i mean it. i love it. and i like how it comes with a little brush! i would purcase this again if it ever runs out! i've never ran out of anything but foundation! huge thumbs up for this, worth the splurge!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Jenstarlast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG I love this product, in the shade Rose is my favorite. I am fair, about NC15 ish. Therefor, this is a blush for me. I asked a friend today if she could notice a lot of shimmer on my cheeks and she could not, not even in sunlight. I think the trick is to stay away from the white strip on the top of this pallet. It comes off as the most natural gorgeous go with everything shade. This would be great for everyone. I do think it would accent large pores if that is a major concern to you, but only very large pores. Mine are normal, not tiny but not large, and I love this shimmer brick. I will repurchase when it runs out... which could be FOREVER because I have already owned it for about a year and a half! LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by ItsStillAWrap

I've been using this for years as a blush. Great colors to brighten up my very fair skin. Since I don't use everyday, it has lasted a long time and I haven't had to purchase another one. Definitely on the pricey side, but fun for those that like pink shimmery blushes like me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by hazyhaze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first product from Bobbi Brown. I remember spending a whole lot of my paycheck for this (haha). It gives a lovely, really shimmery glow on my skin. However, I find that it's too shimmery for my taste, even for a highlighter. I'd like something more subtle.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2011 7:10:00 AM More reviews by roseannetang

www.roseannebeauty.com
Let's look at the Packaging:

It's packaged in a sturdy, commonly high-end case with a mirror and the brick much like a mineralized skinfinish, but baked in strips. The Body Shop has a very similar product as well, I think it's called shimmer strips. The best way to use this is to take a fluffy white haired brush, just like the MAC 168 because it's easier buffed onto the cheeks rather than patted on with say a smaller blush brush.

Mine is in Rose. It's a burnt pink with cool undertones so watch out if you have a yellow undertone. I know, I know, I'm yellow, but I thought pink blushes do look good on me, I'll save the undertone complaints until later.

So How Do You Work it?

1.) Simple. Here's me with bare cheeks, i even skipped the bronzer:
2.) Swirl your brush into the brick so that it collects all the colors of the gradient. Then, use the brush and buff first into the apples of your cheek, working upwards to the tip of your ear, not touching the tip of your ear but buffing towards that direction.
3.) The effect produced is a much more prominent cheek apple and sweep of pink that's subtle and not too over the top.

What do I think of it?

I want to love it, but it's probably not the first blush I'll grab for because it's hot and sweaty in Singapore and I'm pretty sure that I'll get the same glow if I wait out in the humidity a bit. That's because I have combination oily skin. However, I think it adds a beautiful glow to the cheeks, and probably great in dry countries or when you just need that little sparkle. This one in particular is much too cool toned for me, and probably a warmer shimmer brick like 'Nectar' would have suited me better. I can't really use this primarily as a highlighter because its pink and I don't really like having a red bridge, but a sweep on the cheekbones, with another blush below might be a good suggestion. I know that if this whole thing was the white, it would for shizzle receive a 5/5 from me, but as a blush it just doesn't seem natural sometimes. Nonetheless, its still beautiful, it's hard to explain my opinion and from me, I'd give it a 4.5/5 because the highlight is sometimes too over the top for me.

Overall - this is an expensive product and you can get the same sub at The Body Shop. However, if you're into Bobbi Brown and her products - go for it -but don't, if you have oily skin.

www.roseannebeauty.com

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by anaro

This was the firts shimmerbrick i bought. But i was way too frosty pink for my coloring (nc40 bobbi brown 4.5 or 5). I gave it to my sister , she is fairer skin. I'd recommend it for paler complextions.