August 22, 2014 | 1639 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick in Brave

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by LisaWood

A lovely subtle everyday lipstick. It's very close to my natural lip colour so it's nice for when I don't want a full on lip but still want to look polished.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by annalorelei

I have to buy this again because I have lost it and am devastated! A pinky nude with a strong brown tone that shows through with my pale skin tone. I wore this every single day, it's the perfect daywear lipstick but strong enough to carry through for an evening look. Easily the most versatile lip colour I have ever owned, the satin finish is a perfect balanceand this had good staying power. I lost it because it fell out of my pocket, showing how close I liked to keep this product at all times, will definitely re-purchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by FionaNiamh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

MAC's 'Brave' lipstick, has what i would call a brown undertone to it. When placed onto my lup i feel like it does not suit my skin tone nore does it suit my age. I would say that MAC's 'Brave' is suited much for people in their late 20's and older. However when i pat 'Brave' onto my lip i feel like it suits me alot better &once it has been patted onto my lips i feel like it suits me a whole lot better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by nomnomloot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome My lips but better shade. Subtle but strong enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by kburditt

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This isn't a color I'd normally gravitate towards at the counter. It looks too pink, too nude and too blah. So imagine my surprise when playing around at a MAC counter one day that I discovered it's actually a terrific MLBB color when paired with MAC's Whirl or Absolutely It liners. It can be drying, so you should definitely plan to use a balm underneath and a bit of gloss on top. I think my favorite way to use it is with Absolutely It lip liner and with a bit of VGV lip gloss on top. Putting Ample Pink Plushglass over it also creates a nice hue.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by MareeT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Unfortunately I don't really like this colour and won't repurchase it, it looks very blah on my lips and when I have caught my reflection in the mirror I've been shocked how drab my face looks because my lips have no colour. On me it is a light chalky looking pinkish colour very unflattering. For reference I am blonde, hazel eyes and NW 20-25 skintone. I need to wear a pink gloss or darker on top to make it work. As I am stuck with the whole tube I try and wear it with other glosses.
It is a very dry lipstick too so even if I liked the colour I think it is very expensive for a pretty ordinary lipstick. There are def better cheaper lipsticks you can buy, even Revlon are better.
I am surprised it gets so many good reviews as this is why I bought this shade but I am very disappointed I wasted AUD$36.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by lnielsen22

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to wear this shade in my 20's and I can't remember why I stopped. But I have been searching and searching for a neutral pink shade that is not too glossy, has no frost in it, and makes my lips look fuller without having to line them. I picked up a tube of Brave yesterday at MAC and put it on this morning and I was in love with it immediately. Made my lips look shapely, full, and such a pretty, not in your face color.

It's hard to recommend a lip color to everyone because they all look different on each one of us due to our natural lip color. If our natural, un-made up lip color had a scale of 1 to 10 --- 1 being very pale almost colorless and 10 being dark, almost red ---- my lips are a 5 in color. So, considering that, when I wear Brave the color comes off on me as a pinky brown that is just dark enough to give my lips definition. On someone with lighter lips it might just come off as bubble gum pink.

I am now in my 40's and I can't do the bold lip look anymore without looking garish. I don't like just lip gloss because the shine makes my lips look thinner and it just doesn't do anything to pull my look together. And lining my lips can look harsh on me. Brave is everything I want in a lip color. I should buy a few back-up tubes because I know I'm going to go through it fast.

Brave can feel a bit dry on the lips after a few hours, so it does need something underneath to keep it from feeling that way. A thin layer of lip balm or MAC's lip primer will do the trick.

I pair Brave with a light sweep of Chanel bronzer and MAC Lady Blush cream blush on my cheeks, and MAC Era on my lids with lots of black mascara and it's a great, very natural, no fuss but elegant look. The whole look reminds me of when you see supermodels walking around off hours, un made-up, but their features are still very pretty and striking. Try this look on yourself and you'll see what I mean.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is definitely a my lips but better rosy nude on my pale skin, but my only complaint is that it's very drying. It does have the usual vanilla scent to it, but it's not overpowering.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by thisisashley

This is my most used lipstick. I'm NW25 and it's the perfect "my lips but better" colour! The vanilla flavour is great.

I do find that this lipstick can wear off easily and when worn on its own, it can get a little flaky when reapplied often. I find that layering lip balm underneath helps with this so I'll still give it 5 stars because I like the colour and I don't mind layering products.

I like to start with a layer of Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Red Dahlia. Then I apply a light layer of Brave. I love the look and I will repurchase when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

I was looking for haute altitude but it was sold out. The MUA picked brave for me as a dupe. Its my first satin lipstick and I find it a bit drying but I do love the colour.