November 26, 2014 | 1754 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick in Brave

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by emmiemc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my usual "my lips but better" color. It's a nice warm mauve, and is basically the same color as my actual lips (I'm NW20 with fairly pigmented lips).

The texture is smooth, and it doesn't wear into lip lines. The color tends to last for 4 hours without eating or drinking, and fades to a pretty, soft pink without every fully coming off.

Overall, I use this color for days when I need a natural, nude-ish lip -- either for work or because I've got a strong eye. A lippy off because it's pretty, but not a standout color.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Monyak12

I am totes inlove with this color! Been looking for a perfect everyday nude lippie until I found brave! but warning!! if you have dry lips dont forget to put extra lip balm beneath or on top as mac satin finishes can be quite drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by rakava

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've always found Mac lipstick drying which is why I took off a star. I was looking for a non brown nude. I'm an NC30 and most pinks look chalky on me but I'm a girls girl and love pink. This looks like my lips only better. To ward off the dryness I also bought lipglass in Full for You which is a little darker and more shimmery. Together they are exactly what I was looking for.

PS: I don't know why this is listed as $$$. It's only $15US. It hasn't gone up much since I was a college kid wearing Twig 24/7.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by flylikeacg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

absolutely love love love love LOVE this lipstick , again this is one of those lipstick that depends on your natural lip color, you may or may not like this color, if your lips are pigmented and dont suit lipsticks like mac creme cup or angel because they pale out your lips, brave is MY perfect "your lips but better" lipstick and i will continue to repurchase this and if they ever discontinue this i will cry.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Alanood93

this is my first ever mac lipstick and I am so glad! the color is very beautiful for everyday, it's nude-ish pink with a pearly finish! this is officially my favourite lipstick, it looks really good on tanned skin tones.

NOTE: wear it with a lip balm!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by LisaWood

A lovely subtle everyday lipstick. It's very close to my natural lip colour so it's nice for when I don't want a full on lip but still want to look polished.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by annalorelei

I have to buy this again because I have lost it and am devastated! A pinky nude with a strong brown tone that shows through with my pale skin tone. I wore this every single day, it's the perfect daywear lipstick but strong enough to carry through for an evening look. Easily the most versatile lip colour I have ever owned, the satin finish is a perfect balanceand this had good staying power. I lost it because it fell out of my pocket, showing how close I liked to keep this product at all times, will definitely re-purchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by FionaNiamh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

MAC's 'Brave' lipstick, has what i would call a brown undertone to it. When placed onto my lup i feel like it does not suit my skin tone nore does it suit my age. I would say that MAC's 'Brave' is suited much for people in their late 20's and older. However when i pat 'Brave' onto my lip i feel like it suits me alot better &once it has been patted onto my lips i feel like it suits me a whole lot better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by nomnomloot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome My lips but better shade. Subtle but strong enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by kburditt

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This isn't a color I'd normally gravitate towards at the counter. It looks too pink, too nude and too blah. So imagine my surprise when playing around at a MAC counter one day that I discovered it's actually a terrific MLBB color when paired with MAC's Whirl or Absolutely It liners. It can be drying, so you should definitely plan to use a balm underneath and a bit of gloss on top. I think my favorite way to use it is with Absolutely It lip liner and with a bit of VGV lip gloss on top. Putting Ample Pink Plushglass over it also creates a nice hue.