Laura Mercier lip silk

Petrolatum, Mineral Oil (and) Hydrogenated Butylene/Ethylene Styrene Copolymer (and) Hydrogenated Ethylene/ Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Dromeceius (Emu) Oil, Triacontanyl PVP, Cyclomethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Apple Extract, Citric Acid, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Malic Acid, Silica, Isopropylparaben, Allantoin, Salicylic Acid, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben.

on 4/19/2011 10:09:00 PM

Actually I was in Sephora looking for a miracle for my extremely chapped lips when I happened upon this item. The salesgirl said it worked wonders.

It moisturized, but it didn't work wonders. It is very thick and hard to get out of the tube. and frankly, a waste of $22.00 I paid for it.

on 3/19/2011 12:31:00 PM

It's not bad at doing what it says it does (ie: it's not a full on lie), however, it also just doesn't do thaaat much, either. I got this for free from my mom since she didn't use it, thankfully, because I wouldn't purchase this for that kind of price when I find that a dab of Aquaphor - available in a tube just a tiny bitlarger than this one is - does the same thing, if not WAY better, lasts longer, is much more moisturizing,versatile, and costs much less (especially when you get 3 tubes in a box) at under $5.50. Basically, I think this relatively "meh". Next.

on 2/21/2011 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is the worst lip experience I have had, except when my sensitive lips reacted to my over-usage of cheap lip glosses when I was a teen.

I bought this product for the first time last winter, and I recall it working rather good. I had gone into Sephora looking for a lip treatment that is fragrance free and very basic, and the sales associate recommended LM's Lip Silk. My lips were very happy with it at first, and I am not sure if it is the horrible weather, another lip product, or what, but I bought another tube of it this winter (used the last one up last Spring).

After two days of using it morning and night, my lips have swollen up to the size of lips that have just had collagen injections! They are sore, and peely, and just gross. My lips are sensitive, but wow, they haven't reacted this harshly in a long time. Then I looked at the ingredients in the lip silk. It's all crap. I can't believe they charge that much for this product, I will definitely not repurchase, and I feel so ridiculous for not checking how unnatural it is in the first place. In fact, I've got the receipt so I will probably return it.

I've switched back temporarily to the Caudalie lip conditioner that works okay, and am awaiting the arrival of some Pangea Organics lip balm that my lips can tolerate and my wallet can chill out about.

I'm glad this works for some people, but if your lips aren't as sensitive as mine, you can find other much better products.

on 2/25/2010 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a very nice lip balm. It's very thick and nicely moisturizing. It isn't very shiny which is kind of surprising. I don't like the packaging. It comes in a tube but the tube doesn't have an applicator so I have to use a finger to apply that and don't use it as much as I would otherwise because of that. If it came in a tube with a slanted tip applicator I would like it a lot more.

on 2/3/2010 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

love this. i like this better than the chanel vit e lip balm (forgot the actual name). i can't live this this product. make my lips always soft, pink and kissable.
muah!

on 1/31/2010 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Too oily/slippery for my lips - too bad it doesn't work for me...and it's quite pricey.

on 12/30/2009 6:34:00 PM

The product made a negative impression when I opened the tube - nothing would be dispensed. After multiple pokes with a toothpick, I finally was able to get the thick balm to appear (granted, it may just be my tube).

The product is very soothing and moisturizing; great for chapped lips - but it leaves a very chemical aftertaste. It is fragrance free, but it not taste-free.

For individuals looking to use a paraben free product, this is not for you.

on 10/26/2009 5:13:00 AM

As I just explained in another review for another lip care product (Clarins Extra-Firming Age-Control Lip & Contour), I'd never be without Laura Mercier's Lip Silk (and the aforementioned Clarins lip treatment). Been using it regularly for a couple of years. It's deeply and continuously hydrating, and has excellent staying power for an ointment-like lip treatment. When it eventually wears off you don't get that desperate need to put more on (the way you do with cheap chapsticks and carmex or burt's bees or whatever). It's a high quality lip care treatment that will last a long time, so ultimately it's not so expensive. I have 2 tubes, one in my bathroom and one in my purse - and neither of them are half empty yet. You only need half a pea sized amount. So if your lips need attention, please don't let the price scare you off or anything. This stuff feels great. It's good under lipstick, just put less for that.

on 10/12/2009 6:59:00 AM

I love love love this product. I have been using Carmex for years and felt that I would try something else and after reading reviews on here (and loving the hand creme) I thought I would try Laura Mercier's lip creme. I cannot get enough of this product. After application my lips feel gorgeous and very moisturised and this lasts for a long time. It is slightly pricey but it really is a great product.

on 10/6/2009 8:45:00 PM

I found this product after using Khiel's lip balm for years and found that this lasts so much longer. Although it is expensive, a little bit goes a very long way. I love it! And I'm a hard sell.

Popular Lip Treatments