Smashbox Anti-Shine Compact [DISCONTINUED]

Smashbox Anti-Shine Compact [DISCONTINUED]

2.9

on 7/18/2010 3:49:00 PM

gross! it puts a ghostly white mask on your face. dont waste your money on this

on 12/22/2009 11:08:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Doesn't work, a big waste of good money...

on 9/30/2009 10:54:00 PM

I bought this I think over a year back and have been using it only if I ran out of my regular primer. It's okay and goes on light and fresh at first. It's actually colorless, although in the tube it looks like a light tan mousse/gel.
For controlling my oilyness around the t-zone and keeping it shine-free, it doesn't really do much though. After only 2-3 hours, I get an "uncomfortable" feeling around the nose area and when I look in the mirror to check, I can see my nose starting to shine again:-/. This happens to the rest of my whole face after a while, even with this product on.
I won't be repurchasing it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is just okay as far as anti-shine products go, it could definitely be alot better. It reduces shine, but sort of leaves a greasy feel on my skin. I apply it with my fingers instead of the sponge that comes with it. I used the sponge once and it left black particles in the product. It's pretty pricey for the amount you get. I wouldn't purchase this again.

on 5/25/2009 7:21:00 AM

Ok, this little compact is too cute for words. The product inside works very well. I like the ideal that you pat this gel like substance into the shine rather than swirling a powdered brush all over your face, which can disturb your makeup. It is very pricey. I believe I paid $28 for this TINY compact. Ugh.

on 4/23/2009 11:47:00 PM

This does absolutely nothing - don't waste your money on it like I did.

The package is kinda cute, but that is about it.

Does not control oil/shine, cannot buy replacement sponges, big waste of money. This is just an overpriced mini-mirror with a very useless so-called "product" and craptastic sponge.

on 2/27/2009 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I like the compact. I think the concept is neat, but the product did nothing for me. It looked good on me for about 20 minutes. My skin is super oily and a primer just has to last longer than 20 minutes to get a good rating from me.

on 2/21/2009 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm not big on primers, but this one's a lot better than the ubiquitous silicone-laden gels I can't stand. It doesn't seem to do that much for shine or keeping my makeup in place, but it does lend a certain polish and finish. The difference isn't enough for me to bother with it often, but primer fans may find this a winner.

on 2/11/2009 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This product is just....okay. Please note that I have not tried the anti-shine in the tube yet, so I can't compare.

The packaging is small and compact. It took a couple of tries before I could get a good application. I find that if you swipe the sponge across the product. Then dab, dab, dab the sponge on the oily areas works best for me. If you swipe the sponge on your face it could smear all of your makeup.

I just wish they had replacement sponges. I stopped using it because I had to wash the sponge everyday. W/out daily cleaning of the sponge is plain gross to me because of the product buildup. I checked the QVC, Sephora and even the Smashbox websites and I could not find any replacement sponges. With my lifestyle I do not like the idea of washing the sponge daily. After awhile you just want to have extra sponges on the side and toss the old ones out.

I think the concept is 'cute', but not practical... at all.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I really like this primer, I'm not sure why I didn't use it much when I first bought it! It does control oil and mattify, but for me definitely not all day, I don't think anything could do that. It also makes my skin feel soft and make-up goes on smoother. You don't need much to cover your face either, so the tube lasts a while. If you do use too much of it your skin just ends up feeling tight. I would probably repurchase this, unless I find something that actually does control oil for the better part of the day.