October 25, 2014 | 1809 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Matte

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Paigey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this. I am looking for a foundation that controls oil but provides all day wear. This really did a great job, so much so that I was complimented on my makeup. However, it is a bit orangey and somewhat hard to blend. In the summer, it's a yes. In the winter, probably not.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by yoquyennn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I looked like a hot-mess with this foundation on! This foundation has such a nasty feel, I honestly don't know how people can stand the feeling of it. The color choices of this foundation is horrible. There not too many shades to choose from, but worst of all all of the shades seem to have a pink undertone. I just don't get why EL can't seem to get the picture that not everyone looks good in a pink undertone. So the color choice isn't so great. The color I got matched up with was Cool Tawny, in the bottle it didn't look too bad, it looked pretty yellow enough for my skin. When applying this foundation you have to work in small sections across your face because it does dry really,really fast. Blending this foundation was not an easy task for me because it dried super fast. When I wore this foundation, it was very mask-liked, very. You could have definitely tell that I had makeup on, and since I am also really oily, I looked super, super cakey by the end of the day. This is a full coverage foundation, after applying this foundation on, I didn't find the need to apply any additional concealer. It dries matte and I really liked that about the foundation at the time. This is actually the only foundation that I have found that kept my matte for the longest time, but this was the only pro about this foundation. I definitely would not recommend this foundation for dry skin gals. I would not recommend this oily gals either, but a lot of the gals on here with oily skin seems to really like it, so may be it's just me who is a bit too picky. This foundation is really thick and I felt like it was suffocating my skin. When I removed it, the consistency was definitely hard to get off, I kept on scraping and scraping. With that being said, this foundation wouldn't be good for acne-prone skin, it would clog pores big time. All in all, I hated this foundation, the packaging sucks, no pump, it looks really, really cakey on me, and the color choices were horrible! Definitely not going to be re-purchasing this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by camillacamilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Even though I am 37, I still have an extremely oily T-zone. No amount of primers, powder, and mattifiers can handle the grease. I just assumed I was doomed to makeup melt off and a greasy face. I stumbled across the other reviews for Double Matte and was pleased with the mostly positive reviews, so I decided to give it a try. I LOVE this foundation. The color match is perfect, it doesn't feel tight or masklike, and it wears beautifully throughout the day. It absorbs the oil on my face and gives a smooth appearance to my skin. I apply it with a foundation sponge for less coverage and my fingers for fuller coverage. The coverage is listed as medium matte. For reference, I wear Warm Bisque in EL Double Matte, 1N1 Ecru in EL Double Wear, #117 in MUFE HD, Revlon Colorstay Buff, and MAC NC20.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by wonderdreamz

way too drying for me. I would recommend this for oily to extremely oily skins. It does last forever but honestly it is just not for me, i just couldn't tolerate it. and you can't touch it or rub it after it drys or else it looks weird

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by jaimea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this product...unfortunately, the color selection is slim. The sales lady talked me into Warm Ginger (but I was tanning at the time) Well, with a half hour wait at the tanning salon everyday, I haven't been in there in about 2 maybe 3 weeks. So, needless to say, this looks like I'm wearing an orange mask. I am usually very pale. So, I am returning it tonight for Warm Tawney. I have tried every foundation known to man. Still havent found one that will satisfy 100%, but for now, this one is a favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 9:54:00 AM More reviews by sharonblack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using the double matte cool pebble for a couple of days and my face feels great. My face feels a little tighter. I absolutely love the way it feels and my face is not an oil slick by the end of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by emprx

Color: I have been buying this product for the last two years. At first, I bought it online in warm-tawny, but I found that the color was too dark for me at the time. I lived in a colder place, and I was paler. Instead of wasting the product, I would mix the make up with a lighter shade of Double Wear (2W) or Double Wear light. It worked pretty well. Now that I am darker, I find that warm-tawny matches well with my skin tone. At the same time, I wish that EL shades could be less red-toned. I find that most EL shade always give me a red look that isn't natural. When I put on this foundation, people can tell that I have foundation on, which I do not like even thought the coverage is good. I am more olive-toned, so I wish that EL would put some yellow in it to counter the red...but please don't over do it like MAC Foundations.

Last: I usually put on moisturizer, milk of magnesium, and primer before I put on this foundation. I then apply it on with a brush for good coverage. I layer it with bronzer and finally, blot powder. Still, I think that within 2 hours, you can see some shine in my face especially my nose and cheeks. Initially, this is okay because the foundation mixed with the oil even out my skin tone and blend the foundation. However, as the hours progress, I have to blot my face with a paper towel. THis is when the make up comes off a little bit. I would say that this foundation has a life of 7-8 hours on my face. This could be because I am really oily on my nose and cheeks.

Oil Control: I find that it doesn't make my oil skin worst, but I don't think that it control shine as well as it claims. Keep in mind that my skin is very oily too.

Matte Finish: I wish that the foundation maker could find a balance between Dewey and Matte finishes. Although I have oily skin, it doesn't mean that my face is oily when I put it on. A matte finish looks really unnatural and cakey on my face initially. The oil then blends out the make up in one or two hours.

Price: It is sort of pricey, but I find that I can use it for a year or more. I can also blend this foundation color with another that is less thick.
I am reluctant to call this my HG foundation. I don't think it is "the one." I am going to shop around until I can find a foundation that gives me a more natural look. I will buy it again if I can't find something else.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by beautyqueen07

Kinda made my face look dull. Didn't give as much coverage as I was looking for.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by bebemonte

EL Double Matte along with MAC Pro Longwear are my go to foundations for perfect flawless skin look on special occasions.
I am very oily but double Matte keeps me pretty close to matte, maybe satin-y for hours and hours with no need for touch-ups. As others have mentioned, the color range is not the best aspecially for yellow-toned complexions. Where MAC does it right by me with NC25, Estee Lauder is too pink.
I have this is Warm Tawny and the color is just okay. Great finish though.
Double Wear by EL is also quite amazing with similar color issues.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by blueroses2525

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Great texture, but horrible colors. The Cool Fresco shade got darker and more orange as I tried to build coverage. It's a real shame, since this foundation controlled my oil fairly well, but the color choices are very poor. Lancome Fresh Wear controlled my oil even better than this did and matched my face perfectly.