October 22, 2014 | 984 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2014 8:21:00 AM More reviews by qaeng3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

pros:
1)cheap
2)easily available

cons:
1)grains are a bit rough in my opinion
2)made my face red after using
3)feels like this will damage my skin more than benefiting it
4)made my skin oily

i used this 3-4 times before i stopped using it. I am using this as body exfoliator now. I rather use my clarisonic or a chemical exfoliator instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by elliiebroook

I've had this product for a while now, using it every other day. You wouldn't want to use it every day as it would make your skin dry. However, when i used it, it made my skin feel fresh and clean, and the it smells brilliant. Although I like the product, I have friends with acne who would say absolutely don't buy this product as it is quite rough and can spread spots. But for those who want to de-clog pores, this is the perfect product for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by RogueMystique

I just bought it today and after the first wash my skin is unrecognisably smooth. It feels like after facial spa treatment. Smells pleasant and generous with apricot beads. I was never a scrub user and now I love this scrub and will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by heyitsem

I cant really give a judgement on this product as I only got it yesterday, but I am very very pleased with this product.
I recently had a really bad reaction with another product (*cough* Good Things Purifying Cleanser) so I used this in hope it would make the spots caused due to the cleanser smaller and less irritated.
I like that St Ives have various forms of this scrub to accomodate specific skin groups (Renewing, Gentle and Invigorating)
I used this product individually minus anything else, this product didnt dry out my skin, if anything it left it feeling soft and supple. I also noticed the following day that my skin had a glow to it which I believe was caused by this scrub.
At 4.29, this is a great scrub for those like me with normal/combo skin.
The beads within this scrub felt a bit scratchy, but if anything, that helped the overall result of this scrub.
I am going to incorporate this product into my "pamper evening" night, after me using my facial mask as I believe this is too harsh to use on a daily basis.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by crystal105

I am on my second tube of this stuff, and I am very pleased. I have congested/combo skin that's rosacea prone and somewhat sensitive (yes, I'm, a lucky gal). I use this between 3-5 times a week in the mornings depending on how my skin is feeling. Typically I let my skin get a little soft in the shower, lather my face with my cleanser, then put some of the scrub over the cleanser. I don't think it's too abrasive on it's own, but my skin is finicky, so the cleanser is a bit of a buffer. It rinses cleans, and makes my skin softer and more even looking.The price is definitely right. I also like that since it's cheap, I don't mind using this as a body scrub if I've run out of mine. I would recommend, and I will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 5:12:00 AM More reviews by ElisabethJanePickup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A good budget buy. Does not feel too abrasive at all - in fact quite smooth so I don't worry that it's doing my skin any damage like some scrubs. Smells good.
However, I'm a recent convert to Liz Earle's hot cloth cleanser so don't feel the need to use the St Ives scrub as much as I did but you can't go wrong for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by misscaramel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for years. Really effective in treatment of blemishes! If I get s pimple I use this and its gone fast! Luv it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by delectante

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If I do not use this as a body scrub in the shower, then I have only one particular use for this product on the face, and that is to wash off the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask. I remove the dried mask with a moist wash cloth and then follow up with this scrub to ensure I get everything out. The trick is to use a very light touch and soft circular motions. Did I mention a very light touch? Since both the mask and this scrub are quite drying, a good moisturizer is imperative. And! Do not do this at home facial more than twice a week unless you have very oily skin. I find that a treatment with apricot fragrance, crushed walnut shells, salicylic acid (scrub), kaolin, bentonite, and sulfur (mask) is plenty. However, you will have soft radiant skin afterwards without breaking the bank. Both the scrub and mask are under $10 at most drug stores.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by somethingelse

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What can I say? This stuff is fantastic! Much better than the regular St. Ives or Neutrogena. Take it from an older person (I am 60 and have almost no wrinkles) who's been fooled by hype to buy expensive products 'many' times over the decades. Expensive does not mean better. Young women, don't be 'taken' by costly advertising. If you find products like this that work in your regimen, keep it. High end companies and so-called cosmeticians are always going to 'dis' economical products that are effective. I buy this often at the Dollar Store for $2 for 200 ml. This is a winner!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 4:08:00 AM More reviews by lucykk

I bought this on a whim one day and I am so glad I did! This scrub made my skin feel very soft and was not too abrasive. My skin had been playing up a little bit before I tried this product, so I was really happy with it as it helped to clear out any blackheads and breakouts. I first used this on a spa night and intended to follow up with a pore strip, but I didn't need to because the scrub had done such a good job. I am not a huge fan of the scent, but I still love this product!