Sonia Kashuk Eye Palette in Neutral

on 1/20/2015 8:34:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I resisted buying this for quite a while -- the $20 Target pricetag put me off. (Kind of foolish considering I spent $50+ on my Naked palette.) However: I really, truly wanted a palette of nothing-but-nude, nothing-but-matte eyeshadows. And going into this I knew that Sonia eyeshadows are high quality.

I love this palette. My test for good eyeshadows is "can I apply it with a finger?" In other words, is it silky and buttery enough that, in a pinch, you can simply use a finger instead of a brush. For these eyeshadows, the answer is yes! And I think the range of browns here is truly dynamic: Everything from cream, to pale peach, to rust to chocolate to embers. One color is perfect for touching up my eyebrows. This is a neutral matte HG palette for me.

Of course, for accent colors I use other (satin or metallic) eyeshadows. But this SK palette is the one I reach for most often for work / day looks. Highly recommended, and great value for the money.

on 1/10/2015 9:16:00 AM

I bought this palette as a consolation prize because a high end matte palette that I want has been out of stock for months. I got it online during a free shipping promo. I am really having a hard time justifying keeping this palette. I can't use it alone, because it doesn't have a lot of versatile colors for me, such as a rusty crease color. A few of the colors just aren't pretty, in my opinion. The white is a total waste. It has a ton of fallout yet somehow just doesn't adhere to my eyelids. Some of the colors are muddy and hard to blend, and then others are too sheer.

on 10/28/2014 12:54:00 AM

I found the majority of these shades to be gorgeous.
As one who has struggled for ages without access to Target and no access to neutral matte eyeshadows in the drugstore, I am super thrilled about this palette.
I think maybe one of the shades lacked pigment?
Most are pigmented if not all.
Overall it was worth my $20 CAD, nice simple and convenient packaging.
It is fairly recent of a purchase but I may end up using it for contouring as well.

on 7/18/2014 12:09:00 AM

This is my absolute everyday palette! All mattes and neutrals. I even use the darkest brown shade mixed with a tiny bit of the black shadow for my brows when I'm traveling and would rather just bring one all-in-one pallete. I like that the highlight shades do apply quite sheer because it's easy to over apply a highlight color. The shadows are blendable although a bit powdery for my taste but they don't produce fallout shadow IME so it's easy to get over. I like that I can do a whole eye look with just these shadows or I can incorporate other shadows from other palletes in conjuction with this pallete. I think this is a must-have pallete in anybodys makeup collection and $20 for 12 wearable shades is a steal (because palettes typically come with a couple unflattering shades that go unused, but I can honestly say that I have used all 12 of these shadows more than once). You can't go wrong with this palette.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love using neutral colors on my eyes and this is perfect! There pigment is just enough, not overwhelming yet not too shy. I have used all the color over the passed year and haven't found one that I don't like. The packaging is really convenient. It'd perfect for travel size. Though I drop this thing soooooooooo much! Most people ( I hope) won't drop it as much as me. I actually popped the pallets out if the packaging, but my eye shadows are still in tact so that speaks volumes for it!

on 5/8/2014 1:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a great option for someone looking to build their matte collection but does not want to spend a ton of money on higher end eyeshadow. I use this a lot in combination with other palettes that either are all shimmery/ satins . Tje shades are all very smooth and the pigmentation is as good as you can expect for mattes. The lighter shades are a tad bit sheerer but the range is great from very light to a matte black. My only con is I really wish there were a few more warm shades, especially a very rich dark reddish brown. All in all, this is a great "drugstore" find, I think I may even pick up the complimentary one that is all shimmery shades.

on 12/13/2013 12:31:00 PM

I needed more mattes in my eye shadow collection and had been eyeing this palette for about a good month or so. Considering it was the last one left, I figured it was popular, so I went for it. At first, the $20 price tag is a bit steep, but when you consider you're getting 12 colors, that works out to $1.66 per eye shadow. That's an excellent deal.

The pigmentation is on the sheer side, but they can be layered and are workable. They're certainly not as pigmented as the Wet n Wild or Mac shadows, but I'm very glad I tried them. They are wonderfully soft and blendable, and the colors are very pretty neutrals. So far, I've been using this palette quite a bit. I wouldn't purchase again, but am very glad I tried them.

on 6/3/2013 9:58:00 AM

absolutely love this palette. its a wonderful accompaniment to the UD naked palettes. i think it is way better than the UD basics. i love UD shadows, i love that they came out with a palette of matte shadows to accompany the naked palettes BUT i just think the shades are on the cool side whereas the sonia kashuk had both cool and warm matte shades. im pleased that all the shades are pigmented, soft and easy to work with. i love the sleek packaging, too. if i ever run out, i would definitely repurchase. i love the naked palettes and with this, i love them even more. i honestly think if you already own and love the naked palettes but are bothered by lack of matte shades, try this palette instead of purchasing the lorac pro palette.

on 5/13/2013 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The last time I bought SK makeup was over ten years ago when it first hit Target stores. The products were ok, much nicer than most drugstore brands at the time, but the eyeshadows were not pigmented or long lasting. I'm glad to see they've improved greatly and this brand is now a staple for the price. These are soft but not too soft/powdery, pigmented, and long lasting. I know it depends on which eye primer you use, but these are effortless matte shades that blend easily while leaving the right amount of color behind. They don't go muddy and stay clean looking through the day. This is a well balanced palette with a good range of highlight, mid tone, smokey, and black. It even includes cool and warm peach tones which you never see in palettes. There's a reason for those, too. They warm up the eye and can be used as a transition color. You don't have to go all matte and can include shimmer from other palettes, but this is a deal for the price.

on 4/14/2013 5:10:00 AM

It's a lovely, neutral eyeshadow palette. I originally wanted the LORAC Pro palette but since I was on a budget and I only wanted matte shades, I was really stoked to try this. I have warm undertones so I thought this would be great for everyday. I got bored of this palette after a month. The colors tend to look the same on my eyelid. There really needs to be a matte burgundy color or something. I feel this palette is too bland, brown, ...orangey.

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products