Sonia Kashuk Eye Palette in Neutral

4.3

on 5/13/2013 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The last time I bought SK makeup was over ten years ago when it first hit Target stores. The products were ok, much nicer than most drugstore brands at the time, but the eyeshadows were not pigmented or long lasting. I'm glad to see they've improved greatly and this brand is now a staple for the price. These are soft but not too soft/powdery, pigmented, and long lasting. I know it depends on which eye primer you use, but these are effortless matte shades that blend easily while leaving the right amount of color behind. They don't go muddy and stay clean looking through the day. This is a well balanced palette with a good range of highlight, mid tone, smokey, and black. It even includes cool and warm peach tones which you never see in palettes. There's a reason for those, too. They warm up the eye and can be used as a transition color. You don't have to go all matte and can include shimmer from other palettes, but this is a deal for the price.

on 4/14/2013 5:10:00 AM

It's a lovely, neutral eyeshadow palette. I originally wanted the LORAC Pro palette but since I was on a budget and I only wanted matte shades, I was really stoked to try this. I have warm undertones so I thought this would be great for everyday. I got bored of this palette after a month. The colors tend to look the same on my eyelid. There really needs to be a matte burgundy color or something. I feel this palette is too bland, brown, ...orangey.

on 2/3/2013 8:35:00 PM

This is a GREAT eyeshadow palette to have! I am a very simple eyeshadow girl, with a liking for the natural eye, but love to sometimes wear a smokey eye as well. I love Judy's (from itsjudytime) makeup tips and she recommended this palette all the time and also did a smokey eye look that had a nice neutral effect to it. I was sold and bought this at Target for about $20. Not the best price for only 12 colors, but, the packaging is VERY nice and has a little guide for people new to makeup. In my opinion, however, the guide isn't very easy to follow and doesn't make a nice eye look. I love that all of the colors are matte!!! I want a natural look and not all that shimmer. This palette can give you cute different styles and is great to experiment with the range of different natural colors. Sonia Kashuk has very nice cosmetics and this is a very nice product of hers. If you are new to makeup or obsessed with it, like me, this palette is a makeup must-have!

on 1/23/2013 6:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this palette so much!! I cannot use eye primers other than mac's painterly paint pot, so I have to get eye shadows that really work. Every color last all day long without touch-ups. Sonia Kashuk eye shadows are some of the best!

on 1/23/2013 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Really nice everyday palette. All of the colors work so well on my cool-toned skin, but honestly most of them would also probably be fine on warmer skintones too. Great pigmentation and nice texture. They layer nicely with each other but tend to fade when blended with other, denser brands - however, this can be remedied by using an eye primer. Did not irritate my sensitive lids.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is one of the best palettes Ive tried outside of mac and nars. It was a decent price and all matte colors! Very blendable and pretty. Theres so many combinations you can create with this palette. I have used it everyday this week and it has long last wearability and great pigmentation. I use a contour brush to layer on the darker shades and they apply perfectly almost like liner. The packaging is very classy and it cokes with a very thoughtful and discreet built in side compartment that gives beginners a how to apply tutorial. I will buy it again if I ever run out! And I recommend 100%

on 5/24/2012 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

This is a fantastic palette if you're looking for cool toned matte brown, cream, and taupe shades with excellent pigmentation. I find myself using this (almost) daily. Most days I just want a clean, neutral, simple look and this palette does the trick...beautifully! Every shade is easy to blend and the shadows have great staying power. But the thing I like best is that these shadows don't irritate my sensitive eyes like so many others do. The two darkest shades work as the perfect liner when wet. I use a push brush with those colors and get a crisp line that's not too overpowering. Yep, I'm liking everything about this palette! And for $20 at target it's a pretty good deal, too. Highly recommended!

on 9/26/2011 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sonia Kashuk Eye Palette in Neutral
Bought at: Target
Colors: There are 12 colors in a variety of neutral matte shades: from a light vanilla to a soft tan graduating to medium brown darker shades of brown and a charcoal color. These are matte shades: no shimmer or glitter.
I do wish there were a few shades that had shimmer for variety. However this is a good staple collection to have of wearable, season in and out colors and shades.
Pigmentation: Highly pigmented with the exception of the lighter shades, particular the lightest one.
Packaging: Small and compact sleek travel friendly packaging. Only colors: no applicator or mirror. Included is a slide out drawer with step by step instructions and drawing of 3 different looks to use with the palette.
Finish: I found the colors easy to blend.
Performance: I used UDPP and the colors seemed to last a decent time.
My rating scale is: EXCELLENT, GOOD, FAIR AND POOR
My rating is GOOD for this product.
*As a side note, I did go through each of the looks suggested in the booklet and found them easy to achieve and a great guide in particular for beginners in makeup.

I was a bit dissapointed in this. The shades, IMO were not the brown, champagnes, bronzes I was expecting but Greys, purples, taupes, light pinks. This is more of a neutral palette for the pink undertoned person than the yellow undertoned moi. otherwise, it came with a eye primer, nice lighter all over lid shades, and darker crease shades. E/s quality was ok, lasting power ok. Palette looked nice and not cheap. However, not a nude look for me.

on 1/7/2006 7:30:00 PM

This is a nice neutral palette and good quality packaging and product for drugstore m/u. The only thing I'd change is that it'd have a double ended brush rather than the aplicator and two more shadows rather than the base. But it was only $12USD and a great buy IMO.

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products