November 24, 2014 | 909 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Read on Gloss and Dirt that this was a must for legs when wearing dresses or skirts the morning before I had a schmoozy cocktail thing with people my husband works with that I was planning to wear a short dress to. Stopped just for this on my way home.

It does add a very nice sheen to skin. It's not sparkly or something, just a nice, subtle shine that enhances the look of skin. I was surprised at what a (good) difference it made. It rubbed in pretty quickly but didn't absorb for a few hours, so my legs felt kinda sticky, which was less than pleasant but worth it. This would be great in the winter as well for dry skin, as it's a very rich formula.

The jar is $8 but a little goes a long way. I won't be without this for miniskirts again as long as it's not too humid out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Lafunambuliste

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm just writing to add in the fact that the German formula does contain petroleum - parafinnum liquidum=petroleum/petrolatum=mineral oil... all basically the same! Many, especially higher-end companies use the term parafinnum because most people don't equate it with petroleum and it sounds fancier. That being said, of course, if the German formula does right by your skin, don't let that turn you off. Just a note!
Also, the petroleum won't sink into the skin - the molecule is too large to do that. Marilyn Monroe used to put a THICK layer of vaseline (pure petroleum) on after moisturizing and also before makeup to protect her skin and make her glow on film. The layer of greasy stuff seals everything in by sitting on top, so it actually can help improve the efficacy of your moisturizer!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by cherrypeaches

I use this on my eye area including the lashes and eyebrows before bed every night and wake up looking super fab. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2014 7:58:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

Since this is always listed as a cult product I thought I'd give it a go when Priceline had their 40% off skincare sale, not that the price was too steep to begin with. I only purchased the small tub as I wasn't sure my overly sensitive skin would agree with it and did't want to waste a large amount of product.

Nivea Creme is very very thick and very hard to spread around the body. I found I needed quite a bit of it to cover my whole body and therefore my small tub only lasted about five full body applications. This was a very very nourishing cream and made my severely dehydrated skin a lot healthier looking. There are better moisturisers out there though so I don't know if I'd repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Jkgraika

Love this product. Super rich and creamy. My skin feels great after using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 4:38:00 AM More reviews by SummerGlow

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Someone mentioned that this is similar to LaMer and so I tried it for 6 months.
It's exactly the same as LaMer and performs the same. It even smells the same.
Thank you to whoever suggested this. To hell with LaMer, Nivea has really impressed me.
In the summer when it's hot and humid and my skin isn't as dry, I use Nivea as an eye cream. It diminishes fine lines incredibly well and it plumps my skin so in the morning my skin looks great.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Shelby22

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This isn't really a review on the product because I haven't given it enough time to work, but will report back. I've tried so many eye creams, some very expensive and noticed that with each one my skin almost looked plumped. Well, plumped isn't really a good description, but more "puffy", and when I laughed the crows feet looked more pronounced than if I had used nothing. I stopped using all eye creams, and lightly dabbed with witch hazel to bring down the puffiness. If I don't smile, the corners of my eyes look smooth, so it's only when I laugh that it shows....and quite pronounced.
So, I walked into the drugstore and asked the cashier what she used on her skin because it looked clear, healthy and not lined, even when she smiled. She's 59 yrs old.
She took me to the shelf and pointed out..yeah, you guessed it..good old Nivea. The one my Mom always used too, the one that I figured was too dated to even try. Just the normal nivea in a blue jar. I asked her if she used it around the eyes. Yes, she does. ;)

so I'm going to give this a try for a while and stop using all the other creams. I do find that plain old witch hazel will bring down puffiness around the eyes in the morning, so will continue with that, but basically I need just some moisture in the skin so will try, only at night because it is too heavy for daytime use on the face. I have some no7 protect & perfect and use just a tiny amount under the eye in the morning so that my cover cream goes on more smoothly. I'll try to remember to update the post after a month or so and let you know what I think. I'm 58 yrs old, so this is a good test! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by CharcuterieQueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My HG moisturizer. This outperforms every single creme on the market. It outperformed La Mer in a clinical trial:

Nivea transformed my skin. I remember the morning I was in the shower and it felt like a baby's butt for the first time.

BTW, don't fall for the German formula hype. The only difference between the two formulas is that the German one lacks petroleum. Funnily enough, I don't care for the German version as I have to rub a bit more vigorously. In any case, try both and decide what feels best.

I'll use this till the day I die.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 9:04:00 AM More reviews by milpetrov

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Old, renowned and high quality product for hand care. Favorite of many generations. Simple and charming package.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by LantaMatthews1397

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm 13, and I've used this since I was 7 (mum wanted to get me into skincare early as she thought I was going to get her dry skin, which I did) but I stopped using it for about a year there, tending to use expensive ones I got for Christmas and Nivea Soft (not at thick as this one and can be used for a daytime mosturiser if a thin layer is applied and really rubbed in) when I ran out if them. But I haven't had any mosturiser the past few months (been so busy I kept on forgetting to pick some up) and my skin has been at it's worst for a few days there. It's been so dry around my mouth, and especially my nose (were I get dry often) and top of cheeks, where you would highlight (where I never get dry). My foundation would stick and clog up and come off round these patches and I just looked terrible and was so paranoid and embarrassed (I have anxiety and very bad self esteem) and even with no foundation it was so noticeable. I got this again two days ago remembering my love for it and after applying a thick layer a few hours before bed, my skin is better than is been on a long time after using it ONCE!!!! Best cream ever. I had no more dry skin in the morning. I don't know if it's the German on or the Mexican one, but it's thick And creamy and purchased in the UK. smells really nice. Obviously wouldn't use as a day time mosturiser due to thickness (I got the light mosturiser by simple the same day I got the Nivea since it sinks into your skin almost straight away so I can apply my primer and makeup straight after) but it's amazing for night time. I felt an immediate difference and even my best friend who saw my skin when it was so dry, commented on how much better, smoother and softer it looked. Will never stop buying it again it's fantastic!! And only like 1.30 or something (under 1.50 anyway) for a small tub that last a good few months and works better and faster than any cream I've ever used and probably the cheapest too. Immediate results to be expected. I feel a lot more confident than I have in a while thanks to buying this again. I. LOVE. IT!!!!! GO AND BUY IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!