October 1, 2014 | 1104 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nivea is a classic cream for me; a family association.
I am an ardent fan of the scent and texture. It is not too greasy. In colder months, I generally soften the cream between the palms of my hands and dab it on the skin, usually after a shower while the skin pores are still open. The Germany version of the creme is a bit more oily and the Mexican one is more waxy or thicker (solid). I prefer the less oily version - ideally a mix of the German version and the Mexican version! :)) I also prefer the Nivea creme to the Nivea lotions as the former is a thick, rich cream which works excellent for dry winters. Oh, and the scent - is to die for! I read somewhere that it is a mix of lily of the valley, rose, lilac, lavender, violets, orange etc which are all my favourite scents! It is that classic Nivea scent that is sooo soothing and comfortable on a physiological as well as emotional level as I have family memories associated with the scent.

I generally tend to buy the larger tub of the creme as that goes a long way compared to the disc tins which I tend to lose :( . Surprisingly, since the creme is thick I thought a little would go a long way but actually a lot of creme is needed for application as body butter. Therefore the larger tub works out more economical. The price difference between the largest tub and and the smaller tub is only 50c which is funny considering that the smaller tub has almost half the creme compared to the largest tub.

The only ingredients in this cream that I am uneasy about are the 'lanolin alcohol' and the two methyl* preservatives - I tend to forget the names - they are super long names. Put on the face, this cream sometimes causes breakouts and I suspect the lanolin alcohol or the methyl* preservative ingredients. I recently read that the two methyl* ingredients which are used in the Mexican version may cause contact dermatitis and are as bad or worse than parabens. Apparently Nivea is working to replace these ingredients. I am very hesitant to use this on the face. This cream works great as a 'body butter'.

This cream works so well on scaly, chapped feet! I had been using J.R.Watkins foot creme which has fancy ingredients like peppermint essential oil and other nourishing oils but unfortunately, the Watkins foot creme was doing nothing for smoothing the skin on elbows, knees and heels. Using Nivea creme has helped a lot. Feet are now very soft and smooth. The Nivea creme is cheaper than Watkins lotion, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 4:08:00 AM More reviews by annaa7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this is a staple for every girl to own. This is no doubt the best cream out there. I love to use it as a body cream after I shave or after my shower (my skin tends to be very dry after I shower.) I have the one made in Germany, so I do not know about the Mexico one, but I absolutely love this. I have tried everything - from cheap, to very expensive and this one does the trick.

Not a huge fan of the tin can, it opens wayyy to easy and I am afraid it might open in my bag when I bring it around. I might have to buy the smaller one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by k1dub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got the pocket size of this years ago on a whim at Rite Aid. Years later, it's somewhere on or near me. It is the ultimate on the go ash buster. it is not my main moisturizer however if my elbow is looking a little dry, if the winter has chapped my nose, if my feet are looking a little crusty, a dab of this will do the trick in making my skin look moist and supple. Since I don't use it on a large area of skin, I cannot really comment on greasiness. But I'm pretty sure that if you had anything more oily than normal skin, you wouldn't want to use this as anything more than a below the neck moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

I love the little travel-size tin, it's so adorable! The cream itself is very thick and emollient. I could never use this on my oily, acneic face, but I love it for my dry feet and elbows. The scent is fairly strong, but I've realized it reminds me of my nana so I like it. I do think a squeezeable tube would be easier and more hygienic, but this little guy is so cute! The price was right, too - this was about a dollar for one ounce.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by 190evo2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I always used expensive skin care products and thought I couldn't live without my Eve Lom cleanser until I had to unexpectedly stay overnight at my parents house. My mother uses Nivea and when I went to the bathroom all I could find was a bar of soap and a tub of Nivea. There was no way I was going to use soap on my face so I used the Nivea in the same way I use Eve Lom (no muslin cloth so a flannel had to do), and with a feeling of dread and an expectation my skin would break out, I went to bed. I woke up in the morning to see and feel the best skin I've had since being a child. No spots and those I had disappeared overnight. No greasiness, no dryness, no flakes, and a beautiful even peachy tone. It was impressive. My skin was problematic, sensitive, spot prone, oily and then red/flaky and since using Nivea, my skin is perfectly behaved. Its normal. I love it. Admittedly a couple of times a week I still deep cleanse with Eve Lom and then moisturise with Nivea, but other than that, its Nivea all the way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I tried using this creme only to be disappointed. It's rather thick and tacky so it's a bit hard to apply. I ended up rubbing it between two hands before I applied to my face. It worked wonderfully under my makeup. The downside is that it felt extremely heavy. After a few days of use, my skin started to break out. I have dry, sensitive skin that rarely has a blemish. I also tried using this on my hands and feet. It's okay for that. I have just used better.
Pro's: Cheap, easy to find, smells good
Cons: causes breakout, thick and heavy, hard to apply

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I dont normally like anything thick, sticky or greasy in a lotion or cream. I decided to try to use this on my heels. I have been having issues with calluses and skin peeling and becoming sore. Also it just looks nasty if I want to wear sandals/ flip flops (which i do constantly in the summer time). I bought the little tin for $1 to try putting on my feet at night with socks. After 5 days it has def made a difference. Its almost quit peeling all together and the skin is MUCH softer and calluses are going away. My feet look normal again. I also think I will start using this some on my legs when they feel too dry. I will buy again and I really like the little tin it comes in the smaller size so I will buy both that and a tub of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Tropicll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin but around my nose are gets very dry patchy and flaky, so applying this (in winter time of course) is definitely a life saver!
It smells amazing and I have a huge tub of it on my dresser and I'm 1/4 of the way through it after 2 years.
It is also very cheap for a large tub of this! Maybe around 2 for something which would last me around 8 years (but obviously I'm not gonna keep it for that long. That'd be gross.)
I don't know about using this on the oily parts of my skin but I guess if I did it wouldn't break me out as It hasn't broken me out around my nose.

Will repurchase if and when I run out aha!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by misscocktail

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

As many of you, I grew up with this cream. In my country every woman has a tin of this on her vanity. We know why we keep on using it, it moisturises, keeps your skin soft, makes all of your dry patches go away AND has a very nice scent. Even in winter, I dare to use it on my face after a facial. It's just how we do it here, we think good skin care is the best way to look your prettiest. My love affair with Nivea cream will never end.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Vaintelle

I can't say much for people with acne prone/ oily skin but if you have dry skin, you better get your ass to Walgreens and buy this ASAP. Yeah, it's that amazing.

The first time I've tried it (which was on my face), I resented the greasiness of the product and the thick texture. I had to sleep on my back that night because if I slept sideways, dust and dirt would stick on my face (I applied the cream right before bedtime). It takes a long time for the cream to get absorbed into your skin, which is why it's best if used as a night cream. Despite all my suspicions that the cream will clog my pores (since it's greasy and pretty thick), the next morning, I woke up to a super soft and squishy and hydrated face. My friends kept on poking my face because, apparently, they're a bunch of idiots who can't resist touching something squishy and soft.

That night, when I reused the Nivea cream, I enjoyed how thick it was. And that heavenly smell radiating from the cream- pure bliss, I tell ya. Despite the cream being greasy and your face looking like a shiny disco ball, all these factors (of the cream) help your skin- especially if it's dry and badly in need of a miracle moisturizer. Now, this cream cannot be used as a usual moisturizer- only as a night cream- because of how long it takes for your skin to absorb it. However, you can apply this cream on dry areas on your body (like elbows, knees, etc.).

The only downfall about this cream is that my hands need to be cleaned before apply it on my face. This means that I have to wash my hands before using this cream. For me, I don't use towels to dry my hands because if I do that, bits of dust and dirt hidden deep within the towel show up on my fingers. Disgusting. So my hands are always wet after washing my hands (because I never bother to dry them, instead, I just air-dry my hands). I have to wait several seconds for my hands to dry before using the cream, because if you use the cream with wet hands- and trust me- the cream gets all smushy and rolled-up and disgusting that I almost feel the need to give up on life.

Almost.

Other than that, I'm very satisfied with the cream. And can I talk about how freaking cheap this wonderful, almost magical, piece of shazzle (I'm not gonna use curse words and NO, 'freaking' is not a curse word so NO, I'm not a hypocritic) is? It's so cheap ($1 per travel-sized tins and $5-8 for the big ones) and you can find this in ANY drugstore/pharmacy- hell, you can even find this in the falsely-claimed-"99 cent" stores! It's easy to find, dirt cheap, amazing- what more can you ask?!

This traditional beauty cream will be a stable item in my skincare supply. It even helps with wrinkles while moisturizing and softening the skin! *mindblown*

If you don't have this cream yet, please, I beg of you, GET IT! Especially during the winter/cold months, this cream will be your Superman wrapped up inside a blue tin. All that's missing from this cream is a glowing halo and some wings on the back.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No