Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

I only just started using this but so far I am very impressed. I would have never expected much from such an inexpensive product, but my friends mom always looked so good for her age, glowing skin with hardly any wrinkles even in her 50's, and I remember she always used this creme and swore by it. It is thick, so not easily spreadable but it leaves my skin looking and feeling so nice. Just the right amount of a dewy glow. My skin tends to look really dull in the winter and I feel like this just makes it look healthier. I've tried quite a few high end moisturizers including Estée Lauder, Elizabeth Arden, Cellcosmet, Clinique, etc and this one is one of my favourites for sure.

Where do I begin? I love this product! Never even thought about putting this cheap, old-school creme on my face until I read a comparison on nivea creme and creme de la mer. The review stated that they are very similar in texture and ingredients, but nivea costs $1 for an ounce where as creme de la mer is over $100!!! I picked it up on a whim and fell in love! I rarely rave, but here I go... I love anything with glycerin in it because it pulls moisture from the air onto your skin. I use a small pea-sized amount, rub it between my palms and pat and press firmly into my cheeks, jawline, under eye, eyelids then pressing excess into my forehead. It's a thick consistency, hard to spread unless you literally pat and press. You may feel as though a pea-size won't do it, but it will turn you greasy if you use too much. That also means it lasts longer!!! It's costs $1 for an ounce (AMAZING) and that ounce usually lasts me a month. I slather it under my eyes and on my lids at night time as an eye cream because I generally think eye creams are a rip off. Just thicker moisturizers. I tend to use oils, serums and thick creams around the eyes in place of a fancy eye cream. This leaves my skin dewy and comfortable, but I suggest you use only a tiny amount even if you're overly dry like myself because too much will clog your pores. I never thought I could find a good creme for my face like this one that doesn't aggravate and actually moisturizes. I notice a great deal of a difference with my under eye bags, black-heads around the nostrils and on the nose have nearly vanished and my smile lines are almost non-existent thanks to this miracle creme. I'd rate it higher if I could. Enjoy!

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I never gave two hoots about this greasy, chalky creme until I learned that it's a best selling moisturizer in Japan and every Japanese woman I know, regardless of her age, swears by Nivea creme. They like to grease up with this creme at night and wake up with magnificent skin. For such an old-fashioned, basic moisturizer to get so much love and stay continually in top 30 best selling moisturizers in a competitive market like Japan must mean something. I also learned from various Japanese articles that the right way to apply this creme is to mix it with your favorite toner (something moisturizing like Hada Labo would be great) and press the mixture onto your skin instead of rubbing. After following that method, I can finally see the appeal of this iconic creme. Apparently, it's nothing more than a basic blend of water and mineral oil and contains no fancy antioxidants, but it does its job brilliantly and I actually see the plumping effect. I've tried a lot of moisturizers up to $40, but none compares to the Nivea creme in terms of moisturizing. While it's too greasy to use in the summer, it's staple in my cabinet in the winter. I've also realized the creme is handy when I have a breakout and want to pare down my skincare routine but don't want to slacken the moisturizing step. The mineral oil in it forms a barrier against the external environment to lock in moisturizer and speeds up the healing process. I would recommend this creme to anyone, not just because it's economical but because it's really a great basic moisturizer.

There are other ways you can make use of this creme:
- Coat it all over your face before shower to protect your skin against wetness and steam and you'll walk out of your bathroom with mochi skin.
- Mix it with your go-to DIY mask for a moisture boost.
- Use it as a body lotion right after show
- Apply it to your dampened hair as a pre-shampoo treatment.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

If you have dry skin this would be ideal . Very rich and thick so not easy to wipe over your face but better to press in. I probably won't use this during the summer as it is that rich but what a great pick me up during the winter. So cheap to buy at £2.99 for a 200ml pot in the UK. The smell takes a bit of getting used to but you don't notice it after using it for a few days , not unpleasant but not to everybody's tastes I suppose. A bargain!

I tend to flake around the mouth area and also on my eyelids. I´m using this as a night creme on my dry patches. It´s very thick and I´d never use it on my whole face because it looks quite oily, but it still does wonders on my dry patches. Really recommend!

Very good cream! I have oily skin with large pores in the t zone with dry patches and prone to spots. This cream is great as a night cream! It is super moisturising and it doesn't break me out at all! It is actually good for oily skin as it stops your skin producing excess oils but also good for dry skin as it is very moisturising. I wouldn't recommend this as a day cream because it is extremely thick and does leave an oily residue on your face. This cream works best as a night cream when it really has time to sink in and work its magic!

Used this for most of my teenage life. My gran and mum have always used this and so I obviously started using it from a young age too. It made my skin very soft and I used it most days. Then when I got a bit older, I also used it to remove my makeup too. It works very well and always leaves my skin feeling very soft. Very good price, I can get it for as cheap as £2.00. Packaging is pretty basic in a plain metal tin but practical.
Would definitely recommend to people of all ages:)

This is an incredible moisturiser. I cannot believe I am 22 and I only purchased this for the first time a few weeks ago. I was using it on my face initially and it made my skin soooo soft and hydrated so much so that it got just a bit too moisturised and I had to stop using it on my face..no break outs though woohoo!

My use for it now is for keeping my hands and legs full of moisture through what is going to become a rather cold Scottish winter..I have no doubts that I will be able to keep my skin soft and bouncy throughout with this baby by my side. I just can't believe that it is £1.40 (often half price in supermarkets and Superdrug) so you can pick it up for a mere 70p..unbelievable.

Cannot recommend this stuff enough.

Makes my hands so soft but cannot get passed the smell!!!! Hate it!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Blue tin box is my SOS treatment cream for face, hand, body and feet.