October 23, 2014 | 1666 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2014 7:58:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

Since this is always listed as a cult product I thought I'd give it a go when Priceline had their 40% off skincare sale, not that the price was too steep to begin with. I only purchased the small tub as I wasn't sure my overly sensitive skin would agree with it and did't want to waste a large amount of product.

Nivea Creme is very very thick and very hard to spread around the body. I found I needed quite a bit of it to cover my whole body and therefore my small tub only lasted about five full body applications. This was a very very nourishing cream and made my severely dehydrated skin a lot healthier looking. There are better moisturisers out there though so I don't know if I'd repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Jkgraika

Love this product. Super rich and creamy. My skin feels great after using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 4:38:00 AM More reviews by SummerGlow

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Someone mentioned that this is similar to LaMer and so I tried it for 6 months.
It's exactly the same as LaMer and performs the same. It even smells the same.
Thank you to whoever suggested this. To hell with LaMer, Nivea has really impressed me.
In the summer when it's hot and humid and my skin isn't as dry, I use Nivea as an eye cream. It diminishes fine lines incredibly well and it plumps my skin so in the morning my skin looks great.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Shelby22

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This isn't really a review on the product because I haven't given it enough time to work, but will report back. I've tried so many eye creams, some very expensive and noticed that with each one my skin almost looked plumped. Well, plumped isn't really a good description, but more "puffy", and when I laughed the crows feet looked more pronounced than if I had used nothing. I stopped using all eye creams, and lightly dabbed with witch hazel to bring down the puffiness. If I don't smile, the corners of my eyes look smooth, so it's only when I laugh that it shows....and quite pronounced.
So, I walked into the drugstore and asked the cashier what she used on her skin because it looked clear, healthy and not lined, even when she smiled. She's 59 yrs old.
She took me to the shelf and pointed out..yeah, you guessed it..good old Nivea. The one my Mom always used too, the one that I figured was too dated to even try. Just the normal nivea in a blue jar. I asked her if she used it around the eyes. Yes, she does. ;)

so I'm going to give this a try for a while and stop using all the other creams. I do find that plain old witch hazel will bring down puffiness around the eyes in the morning, so will continue with that, but basically I need just some moisture in the skin so will try, only at night because it is too heavy for daytime use on the face. I have some no7 protect & perfect and use just a tiny amount under the eye in the morning so that my cover cream goes on more smoothly. I'll try to remember to update the post after a month or so and let you know what I think. I'm 58 yrs old, so this is a good test! ;)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by CharcuterieQueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My HG moisturizer. This outperforms every single creme on the market. It outperformed La Mer in a clinical trial:

Nivea transformed my skin. I remember the morning I was in the shower and it felt like a baby's butt for the first time.

BTW, don't fall for the German formula hype. The only difference between the two formulas is that the German one lacks petroleum. Funnily enough, I don't care for the German version as I have to rub a bit more vigorously. In any case, try both and decide what feels best.

I'll use this till the day I die.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 9:04:00 AM More reviews by milpetrov

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Old, renowned and high quality product for hand care. Favorite of many generations. Simple and charming package.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by LantaMatthews1397

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm 13, and I've used this since I was 7 (mum wanted to get me into skincare early as she thought I was going to get her dry skin, which I did) but I stopped using it for about a year there, tending to use expensive ones I got for Christmas and Nivea Soft (not at thick as this one and can be used for a daytime mosturiser if a thin layer is applied and really rubbed in) when I ran out if them. But I haven't had any mosturiser the past few months (been so busy I kept on forgetting to pick some up) and my skin has been at it's worst for a few days there. It's been so dry around my mouth, and especially my nose (were I get dry often) and top of cheeks, where you would highlight (where I never get dry). My foundation would stick and clog up and come off round these patches and I just looked terrible and was so paranoid and embarrassed (I have anxiety and very bad self esteem) and even with no foundation it was so noticeable. I got this again two days ago remembering my love for it and after applying a thick layer a few hours before bed, my skin is better than is been on a long time after using it ONCE!!!! Best cream ever. I had no more dry skin in the morning. I don't know if it's the German on or the Mexican one, but it's thick And creamy and purchased in the UK. smells really nice. Obviously wouldn't use as a day time mosturiser due to thickness (I got the light mosturiser by simple the same day I got the Nivea since it sinks into your skin almost straight away so I can apply my primer and makeup straight after) but it's amazing for night time. I felt an immediate difference and even my best friend who saw my skin when it was so dry, commented on how much better, smoother and softer it looked. Will never stop buying it again it's fantastic!! And only like 1.30 or something (under 1.50 anyway) for a small tub that last a good few months and works better and faster than any cream I've ever used and probably the cheapest too. Immediate results to be expected. I feel a lot more confident than I have in a while thanks to buying this again. I. LOVE. IT!!!!! GO AND BUY IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 4:08:00 AM More reviews by annaa7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this is a staple for every girl to own. This is no doubt the best cream out there. I love to use it as a body cream after I shave or after my shower (my skin tends to be very dry after I shower.) I have the one made in Germany, so I do not know about the Mexico one, but I absolutely love this. I have tried everything - from cheap, to very expensive and this one does the trick.

Not a huge fan of the tin can, it opens wayyy to easy and I am afraid it might open in my bag when I bring it around. I might have to buy the smaller one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by k1dub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got the pocket size of this years ago on a whim at Rite Aid. Years later, it's somewhere on or near me. It is the ultimate on the go ash buster. it is not my main moisturizer however if my elbow is looking a little dry, if the winter has chapped my nose, if my feet are looking a little crusty, a dab of this will do the trick in making my skin look moist and supple. Since I don't use it on a large area of skin, I cannot really comment on greasiness. But I'm pretty sure that if you had anything more oily than normal skin, you wouldn't want to use this as anything more than a below the neck moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

I love the little travel-size tin, it's so adorable! The cream itself is very thick and emollient. I could never use this on my oily, acneic face, but I love it for my dry feet and elbows. The scent is fairly strong, but I've realized it reminds me of my nana so I like it. I do think a squeezeable tube would be easier and more hygienic, but this little guy is so cute! The price was right, too - this was about a dollar for one ounce.