October 22, 2014 | 1058 users online

Blush - Bobbi Brown - Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks - Powder Pink

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by kloud04

Powder pink is just not for me. On my warm tan skin it looks ruddy and odd no matter how little I apply. It seems to really accentuate any redness in my skin. I feel this is best suited for those with fairer skin. Pale pink fits my skin tone much better. I hate to say it but I think BB's pot rouges are a bit overrated. The product is somewhat sticky and hard to apply evenly. Her powder blushes look much more natural on me than the rouge pots. Glad to hear that others enjoy this product tho.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Anna12345

I purchased this now discontinued shade online after seeing Lisa Eldridge's video on a "no-makeup makeup look".

Initially, I wasn't really impressed with the colour: I thought it was neither too pink, nor beige - a bit of a "nothing" colour.
But after wearing it a few times, I noticed that it gives me a peachy pink glow which is both natural and dewy looking. I prefer this product on my cheeks: on my lips, the shade is a bit more peach than I would like it to be.

The product itself does not feel oily or greasy but it doesn't look dry or cakey either, which I guess are signs of a good quality cream blush. It is really easy to blend, and because it is such a neutral colour it is good for mixing with other cream blushes to subtly colour correct shades you don't like.

You could wear this shade all year round. I would mainly wear it in winter for a warm winter look but I could also adapt it for a bronzed summer look.

Would I buy it again? Probably not because there are so many other amazing products out there but this is definitely a good product to have.

It hasn't irritated my acne prone, sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by heatherbelleday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am so in love with this stuff. I have been using it most days for the last 6 months and have only made a little hollow in the middle. I put it on after foundation and before powdering. On days where I want to look fresh and natural I use it on my lips too and it is very pretty. I didn't use it on my lips until I saw makeup artist Lisa Eldridge (she is on You Tube) use it for an everyday makeup look and really liked the effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by songforafriend

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is more of a 3.5 for me. I find this product kind of sticky feeling which makes it a little hard to blend, but this stuff is quite pigmented while not too harsh-looking, which I like. I've only used this as a blush so I cannot attest to its use as a lip colour. The screw-top is a little cumbersome to deal with after finger-stained applications, but overall I like this product and I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by kdpedot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love love this stuff!! Worth every penny. I started using my mom's when we were on vacation with my parents. I loved it. I am a big Paula's Choice fan as well, and first apply the PC tinted moisturizer, and then apply this over it. I apply both with the beauty blender pink applicator. Big fan of all three. I got the beauty blender and the PC moisturizer for Christmas. My mom didn't expect I would love the Pot Rouge in Powder Pink so much. She was willing to give me hers (she's that kind of mom!) but I insisted that I would get my own. After much searching (it was sold out at the BB makeup counter, Nordstorm store and online, Bloomie's online, Neiman Marcus online, amazon....) I realized this is a very popular product!! I am sooo happy to have found it (unused and unopened) on ebay! It's natural and doesn't look like I applied a ton of makeup, yet I look pretty good at the same time! I love it. Even my husband liked the look of it. I'm so excited to get it in the mail this week! I'm going to be VERY happy with my purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by kbabyd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think this is a great product. While some powder blushes leave a powdery trace, this blends into the skin quite nicely giving my cheeks a natrual, healthy tint. I find that this color lacks white pigment, which is to its great benefit. I have used other cream blushers which have too much white pigment which, in turn, looks very cheap and pastey. I find this product rather long-lasting as I have not noticed the color fade during a typical 8-9 hour workday. As a lip color, I have found that it works best on VERY moisturized lips. Otherwise, it seems to accentuate any cracks or bits of dry skin. When my lips are adequately moisturized, this looks great. The BB pot rouge is a great solution for a light-skinned someone looking for 'just enough' color to pull off a 'no makeup makeup' look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Plinko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm generally not a Bobbi fan, but I will give her her due here. She hit it out of the park with this one. I have dry skin and large pores and was looking for a cream blush to wear in winter when my skin is at its dullest. This is a gorgeous warm pink that looks so healthy and natural. I thought it would be too warm and dark with my fair skin, but I was wrong. It is perfect. It is expensive, but it will last forever. If you buy this I suggest you use a brush and replace the cap immediately. The pan attracts and traps dust etc. Every now and then I wipe the surface with a baby wipe to make sure it is clean. My only gripe with this is that, like all other Bobbi products I've owned, the cap is broken in two places. I can't stress enough that I am not hard on my makeup. With the exception of my cardboard Benefit boxed powders which get tattered quickly, my other beauty products hold up much better. At think her customers have the right to expect better at this price point.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by bootsbeme

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My new HG blush. I have always worn powder blushes and watched Lisa Eldridge do a makeup look with this and loved it. I bought this and Cabo Coral the next day and have used both since. Color is easy to apply on top of my TM and sets perfect with a little mineral powder. Stays all day and no glitter or sparkle. Gives my NC30 skin a nice flushed look without being too pink. Goes with all my eye and lip makeup.
I have been wearing them on my lips too...staying power is not great, but makes a nice base for other lipsticks or gloss. Will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

I've been grabbing this automatically every day from my collection of blushes. It works with every look I'm doing and I don't have to think about it. Not so interesting in the pan - a confused mash up of peach, pink, tan - kind of cheap and ugly looking, really. I got this as a sample and when I used it I was wowed. I gave it a 4 because it doesn't last and NO WAY would I ever use this on my lips. However, I'm sure I'll use this up and get another.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 4:45:00 AM More reviews by lwsege

A little goes a long way, great bargain! Recommend for those into nude and natural look girls. I use my Ecotools Foundation brush to apply this on my cheeks only, not on my lips. What you need is just to dip a little on the brush and tap on the cheeks. It looks superb natural on my NC10-15 skintone. It is nice-pigmented and yet long-lasting on my normal to dry skin in a hot and humid country - Malaysia.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No