NARS Belle De Jour

3.9

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a great nude/neutral beige shade. It is a little on the "orange" side on my fair skin. I love that it almost has a wet look when you put it on--very moisturizing. I have to use a lot of it to get it to the shade I want--so it is a buildable lipstick. This is a good shade for Kim Kardashian but not for me.

on 5/2/2011 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I have been looking high and low for a nude lipstick - (I'm NC15, if not paler!) - I love doing smokey eyes, and this lipstick is perfect for toning down my natural lip color to bring more attention to my eyes. It's also a little peachy, so it doesn't make my lips look dull or unpigmented. It's not drying at all and doesn't rub off super easily on glasses or straws, etc. It's a great warm nude for a pale person, since it doesn't wash me out, but it's not super opaque, so I'm sure it would look great and give a nice muted look on most skin tones. Definitely going to repurchase this one!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

LOVE this nude lipstick!!!! because my lips are super pigmented, i always apply lipbalm and a little of covergirl's neutralizer (or any concealer i have at the moment) on my lips before applying this lipstick.

color comes out to a nude orange with a slight brown undertone!! love love love it!

The name bought this for me as I remember the film with catherine deneuve but.the lipstick isnt anything amazing...Its very peachy and lasts about half an hour - I went through half a tube in the space of a weekend. NARS are very cleaver at promoting lippies but this is not a true nude, like myth or clarins new nude ( the best)
update....brought this out used again ....perfect for a winter nude lip

on 1/4/2011 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I wanted my 200th comment to be on something special, and I honestly think that this is one of my HG nudes. And I don't have many nudes at all, since my lips are pigmented and nudes usually don't look good on my lips.

If anything else, from the NARS line, Dolce Vita is MLBB, that's how my lips are. :P

Shade wise, this isn't as peachy as MAC Myth or Peachstock or Revlon Nude Attitude, Rimmel's nude lipstick, and it's not as pink as Gosh Darling or MAC Creme d'nude, or Revlon Soft Nude.

I find the lipstick to be sheer, have a satin-esque finish. It's not overly glossy even if you layer it on.

All in all, this is my favourite nude because of the tone it is, not too much of anything (salmon, peach, pink). It is simply a nice nude. And the only nude I reach for.

on 12/11/2010 9:51:00 PM

its a nice pale peach colour.. and its a sheer lipstick so it doesnt make your lips look entirely dead..
it has an odd smell to it, which i dont particularly mind, but i can see how some ppl might not like it (kinda herbal-like)
its a perfect lipstick if you're going for a smokey look.
might be a bit too pale for everyday look, i personally like a bit of colour for an everyday lipstick..

on 12/11/2010 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Oooh, my new favorite nude. This is absolutely a MLBB shade on me, barely noticeable but perfect with a smoky eye. I am NW20. I just recently started buying NARS lipsticks and I will continue to do so because they're creamy, feel amazing, and seem to moisturize my lips. They aren't incredibly long lasting but I've yet to find a long lasting ls that doesn't dry my lips up other than stains. One of my favorite pairings so far is putting Belle De Jour OVER NARS Dolce Vita lipgloss... I know that sounds backwards but it's super pretty! Love NARS packaging as well. I think I've said "love" enough. Gorgeous shade.

on 12/10/2010 7:03:00 PM

Belle De Jour is the perfect nude shade and creamy like other NARS lipsticks. It is very matte and silky, almost like wearing lip balm! The perfect everyday shade!

on 11/29/2010 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Go to casual daytime matte lip color!!! I always line my lips with stripdown lip pencil from Mac then I put this lipstick on. I am a big Chanel glossimer (lip gloss user) but sometimes I just want something that is less noticeable/shiny than a lip gloss so I will use this nude matte color. Looks great on most skin colors, just a natural nude color. Loves it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I would describe this as my HG everyday color. It's semi-sheer and moisturizes well enough to wear you can apply it alone or over another color on just about any occasion. It can be dressed up easily with smoky eyes. The color is a very self-explanatory pale nude with no orange undertones (like Barbarella, which I also love but isn't as versatile). Gorgeous and understated shade!

Popular Lipsticks