MAC Satin Lipstick - Myth

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

on 6/16/2014 1:39:00 AM

I've had this lipstick for about a year and I bearly reached for it, until now. I have discovered that for me to pull it off I have to use darker nude/mauve lipliner and blend it with a lip brush to give it that ombréish look. It is now one of my fav lip looks! I will be using it much more now. If you have this problem because it looks too much like concealer I suggest you give it another shot with a nice lipliner.

on 6/8/2014 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bought this product because I have naturally very plump rose lips so when I do a dramatic dark eye I like to have a nude lip with it. I find that this lipstick is almost too nude for my skin. I have fair skin and I tried this and it went on okay, I looked a bit sick almost and then it dried my lips. It's very obvious where the line of where the lipstick ends because if I open my mouth there's a big white line where the lipstick is, not cute. When it dries out a bit it looks like you have flakies on the sides of your mouth. Not happy with the lipstick but the color is okay.

Gotta put a brown lip liner then myth then blend its pretty otherwise its not an appealing color it looks a mess without liner.

on 5/12/2014 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm always on the hunt for a nude lipstick, but one that doesn't look like i'm just using concealer, and doesn't go all cakey. This so far, has been the best one i have purchased. The only negative things i have to say are; It is fairly drying, its a satin lipstick, so this should be expected, and putting a little lip gloss over top isn't a big deal. To me anyways. And then the only other thing is on my skin, it almost looks a tad orange. I'm assuming it has some peach undertones to it, and against my skin it definitely shows. Doesn't overly bother me though, i will definitely repurchase!

on 4/4/2014 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

'Myth' is amazing! I wanted a nude lipstick, but not a concealer-ish nude lipstick, if you get what I mean. 'Myth' is a nude lipstick, but it has some pink undertones to it. The pink undertones helps me not look like a corpse, lol. It looks really good when you wear bronzer and just a hint of mascara on your eyes. I would totally re-purchase!

on 4/2/2014 3:00:00 PM

I like this but I don’t wear it alone – it’s too pale. Myth is a pale peachy nude which washes me out even my skin tone is already quite fair. However, it is good for mixing up with other colors. I usually use Myth to lighten up my darker lipsticks because I prefer “nuder” shades. As it is a satin finish, it is pretty drying. Just make sure you prime your lips well or you may feel uncomfortable after a while.

on 3/4/2014 7:46:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Nothing compares to this color. My lips are dry so it disappears quickly but the color is outstanding. It smells so good too.

on 2/18/2014 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Perfect!! I had to order this off Macys coz they were all sold-out at the MAC counter, so it was shipped to my house. I've been playing w it today & luv this lipstick. Looks sooo good w dark silver grey & black e/s & black eyeliner. Very mod 60s or even Jersey Shore Snooki type color on me. I was NC15/C10 a while bak but I haven't bought any foundations/powders from MAC in a long time so that may not be accurate, I do have neutral undertones in my skin. I wear rimless glasses & luv how this lipstick puts the focus on my eyes. I would pair this w a lot of bronzer. I have Creme d'Nude but I like Myth better. I bought Myth Lipglass too & they look awesome together!! I tried it without liner, but I think MAC subculture or strip down would be suitable for Myth or also Rimmel Tiramisu. Even WnW 666 if you wanted to make the liner slightly darker than your lipstick. I've always adored nudes & browns even since I first started to wear makeup when I was in 5th grade. (Candy Yum Yum or Russian Red aren't in my repertoire of shades I like lol!!). This shade is kind of that you either love-or-hate-it & I love it!! The packaging is standard MAC, it's a little on the expensive side unless you want to use it on a reg basis but I think I will get a lot of mileage out of Myth, so I'd say it was worth the splurge definitely!! I had bought it sight-unseen, but I am into the whole nude lip, & for makeup inspiration I look to Kim K. & Snooki, so if you think either of those ladies has a nice idea of style, I would run-not-walk to your nearest MAC counter & buy Myth. I think it looks fine on its own, doesn't need any other things on top (or under, unless your lips are dry then vasoline), but I was surprised that I didn't see anybody putting Myth Lipglass over the top to match it. It's really pretty together. [sorry such a long post!!]. This lipstick is awesome!!

on 1/28/2014 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I use to love this lipstick. It's a nice color however, I find fleshpot, peachstock and creme d nude to last longer n are better formulations. Mac is an annoying lipstick it too drying and you need to usea gloss over it or it will bother you. I think this lipstick is over rated. It's a good nude, but not the best. If you find it too expensive especially if you live in UK or Canada...there are 3 dupes of this lipstic 1) natural nyphm by e.l.f mineral line collection 2) bare all by maybellibe 3) 311 rimmel (Kate moss collection) all are below $10

on 1/10/2014 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my most repurchased MAC lipstick, so I obviously love it. I think a lot of people just put it on out of the tube and immediately hate it, but you have to know how to wear it.
I am a neutral-NC 15, and this nude lipstick works really well with my skin tone. This is the only nude lip color I have, and it's all I need. It's a very fleshy nude, with a peachy pink undertone. It's a really versatile lipstick. I wear it alone by patting it on my lips, and blending. I pair it with a light lip liner, and some pink lipgloss. Or I mix it with a dark/bright lipstick to tone it down. It's the perfect nude lipstick to pair with a really dark, smokey eye. I love the Satin finish, its semi-matte with a slight sheen. It's fully opaque, very pigmented, and lasts a long time. Myth is the meaning of a staple lipstick.

Recommended for Medium Skin