April 17, 2014 | 1827 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - Myth

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by kyliechester

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I initially picked up this product, I HATED it. I slicked it on my lips straight out of the tube expecting a nude-peach color with a satiny finish. What I got was full on pale beige that basically made my lips disappear into my face. Not cute. However, I discovered that if I top it with MAC Prrr lipgloss, its perfect. I then realized that I could use Myth to tone down my naturally rosy lips so that my paler, sheerer, pink and peach glosses would show truer to color. Now I actually quite like it, just not on its own.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Eleanormary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick!! I'm a big fan of nude lips so picked this up and recently found it in my collection. It's a little bit hard to work with but once put with a slightly darker gloss it looks amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Arrf, the only time I ever wanted to be pale was when using this lipstick. It's gorgeous. But it's just too damn light for my NC25/30 complexion. No matter what I try, I just can't get it to work.

I'm not giving it low ratings, because I think anyone NW/NC20 or lighter will love this. It's truly a delicious pale peach-pink-beige neutral combo that will go well on cool or warm tones. If I wasn't so lazy, I would wear this with a darker gloss on top so it will blend with my darker complexion it but I don't feel like doing that. I've also seen blogs where people with much darker skin were using this as a highlighter with really good lip lining, so that's another idea (I don't feel like doing that either)

Coverage can easily be built to opaque and full within 3 swipes. On my highly pigmented lips, a sheer wash of this just looks grey. If I make it opaque, it looks like concealer. Boo. I really think it's gorgeous though. It's not very moisturizing, though (but not ultra matte either). Lasts longer than a glossier lipstick.

If you are PPP, you should try Myth along with Nars Sex Appeal blush for the ultimate peaches n cream meets boudoir look. I envy anyone who can pull this color off.

Anyone darker might want to try Peachstock, although that pulls orange.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Maybitters

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After searching forever I finally took the plunge and bought this shade. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT, it is my favourite lippie colour (for now anyway lol) it gives a very subtle, feminine, porcelain touch to my made up face. Elf natural nymph is a very similar shade but lacks that subtle hint of pastel pink that myth has and is nowhere near as long lasting. As for application I just slick it on from the tube. So glad, first MAC product worth the hype :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 5:22:00 AM More reviews by powdayoface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First mac lipstick ever and second repurchase. I love this for parties, or even everyday wear sheeted out with some vaso underneath. Over priced but well worth it. Looks good on my pale yellow skin with some pink lipgloss over the top.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by missty86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

My first nude lipstick ever! i never really do nude lips because on my skin tone, most nude lipsticks look too opaque and unnatural. However, this one looks pretty decent especially if i layer a clear gloss over it. Not too matte either which is good. however, it can be a bit drying so applying clear gloss will look good. and also, nude lips always look better with gloss in my opinion.
(my skin tone NC40-42)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by StephanieMaldonado

God I can't say enough about this lipstick. For starters I love it so much it's my everyday lipstick. When MAC is out of stock I literally want to kill somebody, anybody preferably the person who bought the last one. I couldn't imagine it not being a part of their permanent line. It is really pigmented, it's suppose to give you a satin finish that almost looks matte depending on how moisturized or dry your lips are prior to applying this lipstick. I will also say that it's a controversial color because I often get compliments on it up until people try it on themselves, but me I love it and will continue to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Pr33tyKaptain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Grey

just put concealer on your lips with some clear gloss and it'll give you the same look this lipstick does but for a lot cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the only MAC lipstick, that I have EVER tried. I normally buy cheaper makeup, but I fell in love with this colour when I saw it in Sephora last summer. I though it would be perfect for summer, when you have a bit of tan. - Well.. It is.

I have a light skintone and now it looks kinda weird on me, since I don't have that summer tan yet. (the weather in north europe is awful, lol)

The texture is really pigmentet and it applies smooth. That's a +.
But what I hate about this lipstick, is that is begin to creases after like 10. min. or so.. I'm not gonna buy any more MAC lipsticks so far.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by stls

Tried Myth today. Not as white as Fleshpot but it still made me look dead. Dead and gone. At last I realize that sheer nudes work best for me so my lips look subtle but not washed out.
I hope it works better for others but if you like this look why not just use a concealer stick that can be more multitasking?