August 28, 2014 | 1354 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - Myth

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my most repurchased MAC lipstick, so I obviously love it. I think a lot of people just put it on out of the tube and immediately hate it, but you have to know how to wear it.
I am a neutral-NC 15, and this nude lipstick works really well with my skin tone. This is the only nude lip color I have, and it's all I need. It's a very fleshy nude, with a peachy pink undertone. It's a really versatile lipstick. I wear it alone by patting it on my lips, and blending. I pair it with a light lip liner, and some pink lipgloss. Or I mix it with a dark/bright lipstick to tone it down. It's the perfect nude lipstick to pair with a really dark, smokey eye. I love the Satin finish, its semi-matte with a slight sheen. It's fully opaque, very pigmented, and lasts a long time. Myth is the meaning of a staple lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by alexandra0107

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I like this. I bought it first off because I saw a beauty guru use it and it looked stunning, I knew that it wouldn't suit me before I bought it (online so I couldn't even try it out) but I just wanted it in my collection anyway (not quite sure why, same as how I am obsessed with Saint Germain but know it will look absolutely awful on my NC30 skin). When I got it I was pretty hesitant to try it out, especially as the swatch on the back of my hand was pretty white-brown. However, I've figured it out. I first apply my eos lip balm to moisturise then follow up with my babylips in pink punch. Then apply Myth and another application of pink punch. Oh this looks beautiful!!! My HG lip colour. So wearable, perfect pinky nude. Would look gorgeous on every skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by KirbiTannis

I have quite pale skin and very red lips, and I have tried everything to accomplish a simple nude lip. The only success I had was just dabbing concealer or foundation on my lips. This, of course, completely dried them out and left me with a peeling, flaky, faded mess. This lipstick is the only one I have ever used that:
a) Is pigmented enough to actually cover a very red lip
b) Is not too brown or too orange for my pale complexion

The only downside is that it is semi-matte, which also has a drying effect that is noticeable later in the day, and it is not long-wearing so the minute I eat or drink anything it's usually gone.

Otherwise I absolutely love it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by realitydust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It's the classic MAC lipstick you just have to have. Apply with a light hand so you don't erase your lips. If I'm not using it by itself, I'm applying it together with another color to lighten or tame it. Yes, the satin finish is always a bit drying. Make sure you consistently moisturize your lips regardless of what lipstick you're using!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by VJ21

LOVE THIS LIPSTICK, but I never wear it alone I love mixing it with other shades. Warms up lipsticks that are too cool for my skin tone. NC40/42

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by kyliechester

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I initially picked up this product, I HATED it. I slicked it on my lips straight out of the tube expecting a nude-peach color with a satiny finish. What I got was full on pale beige that basically made my lips disappear into my face. Not cute. However, I discovered that if I top it with MAC Prrr lipgloss, its perfect. I then realized that I could use Myth to tone down my naturally rosy lips so that my paler, sheerer, pink and peach glosses would show truer to color. Now I actually quite like it, just not on its own.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Eleanormary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick!! I'm a big fan of nude lips so picked this up and recently found it in my collection. It's a little bit hard to work with but once put with a slightly darker gloss it looks amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Arrf, the only time I ever wanted to be pale was when using this lipstick. It's gorgeous. But it's just too damn light for my NC25/30 complexion. No matter what I try, I just can't get it to work.

I'm not giving it low ratings, because I think anyone NW/NC20 or lighter will love this. It's truly a delicious pale peach-pink-beige neutral combo that will go well on cool or warm tones. If I wasn't so lazy, I would wear this with a darker gloss on top so it will blend with my darker complexion it but I don't feel like doing that. I've also seen blogs where people with much darker skin were using this as a highlighter with really good lip lining, so that's another idea (I don't feel like doing that either)

Coverage can easily be built to opaque and full within 3 swipes. On my highly pigmented lips, a sheer wash of this just looks grey. If I make it opaque, it looks like concealer. Boo. I really think it's gorgeous though. It's not very moisturizing, though (but not ultra matte either). Lasts longer than a glossier lipstick.

If you are PPP, you should try Myth along with Nars Sex Appeal blush for the ultimate peaches n cream meets boudoir look. I envy anyone who can pull this color off.

Anyone darker might want to try Peachstock, although that pulls orange.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Maybitters

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After searching forever I finally took the plunge and bought this shade. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT, it is my favourite lippie colour (for now anyway lol) it gives a very subtle, feminine, porcelain touch to my made up face. Elf natural nymph is a very similar shade but lacks that subtle hint of pastel pink that myth has and is nowhere near as long lasting. As for application I just slick it on from the tube. So glad, first MAC product worth the hype :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 5:22:00 AM More reviews by powdayoface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First mac lipstick ever and second repurchase. I love this for parties, or even everyday wear sheeted out with some vaso underneath. Over priced but well worth it. Looks good on my pale yellow skin with some pink lipgloss over the top.