December 22, 2014 | 1081 users online

Lip Liners - MAC - Stone Lip Pencil

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Annie624

I LOVE MAC's stone lip pencil - it goes with everything. They are not being made anymore and I am so depressed. Does anyone know of any other company's lip pencil close to this color?

LA

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by star23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so glad I have my own stone lip penci now, no more jealous moments. Now I am good to go for every party! Absolutely the best among lip penci products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Mandibulo

This is something I would never, ever purchase on my own if it wasn't recommended by my most trusted YT makeup gurus. I'm not into browns at all when it comes to lip colors, let alone cool, ashy, darkish taupe-browns like this one. Well I use it for a very specific purpose: I line my lips with it over absolutely anything. Nudes, pales, pinks, reds, plums, you name it - this suits every look. What I do is line/fill in my lips with my shade of choice (wether that be a neutral, a pink, a burgundy etc) and then lightly go over the previous outline with this. Due to its cool tones and complete lack of red, this somehow adds volume to the lips without that tacky overlined effect. I find I can alter my lip shape dramatically with this; when I use it on its own, I like to line my lips and then blend it out towards the center of the mouth with my fingers or a q-tip, just because it shows up a little dark otherwise. But again, after you've completed the look, i.e. added your pink or your nude or whatever, it really looks like your natural lip stops where you've lined it with Stone, and not a milimeter sooner. Forget about shiny glosses and concealer-like lipsticks - this is what will make your lips look fuller. Will repurchase.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by daureen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ladies, this liner is simply gorgeous, but you need to know how to apply it. As it's name suggests, it's a greyish mauve, on the darker side. But if you have an olive or darker complexion, it's perfect (most liners don't show up on my skin color). I've been using this baby for years and years and I ALWAYS get compliments. For best results, make sure you use a very sharpened pencil so you create a "finer" line, and go easy with the application -- too much pressure and you will look clownish. For a great runway look, pair it with a nude or neutral gloss or stick, and add a touch of highlight in the middle to give the illusion of a very full angelina pout. I actually only use it on my top lip, you can experiment with that.. I don't think they sell it anymore in stores, but you can get it from mac.com.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by ninana11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love it, its a unusual color for me but i like it anyway.
its a grey brown with very little red in it, i actually also use it to fill in my brows (espresso eyeshadow is way to red for me).

when used as a lipliner i fill in almost my whole lips and leave just the middle bare. then i put lipstick over it, it looks somehow very voluptous on me this way, even if stone is a flat color.

i also use it on its own, i line my lips VEEERY slightly and blend it very well so that it looks natural :)
i think everyone should test it once or experiment with it, its a versatile color that can also be used for other things.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

I don't like at all MAC lip liners I think they have very dry formula and it's quite difficult to blend them.This one the stone lip liner has one more disadvantage,it's the ugliest color I've ever seen.Has a strange taupe grey color and I don't want my lips to be grey.On the other hand I found a way to use this and believe it or not it's the best think I V ever found to fill in my brows.For me works very good that way,so good that I think I ll buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 1:12:00 AM More reviews by vanialovesbenny

Stone is the best lip liner ever! I was so sad that they discontinued it had a brownish/ greyish/ mauve color. It is the only lip liner than looks good with my medium skin/ high pigmented red lips/ black hair. Guess what ladies i found an dupe to mac stone lip liner in nyx 825 called 1000 years i wished i found it earlier i would not be spending 15 bucks for every stone lip liner.
I FINALLY PUT A PIC IN THE PROFILE
Stone lipliner is swatch on the left
NYX #825 1000 years on my right

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by ens13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only lip liner that keeps everything from turning pink on my lips.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2006 7:33:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I'm way too warm for this lipliner. It's a grey brown that fits nicely under nude lipglosses and lipsticks, though - a girlfriend of mine loves to wear this with Hue lipstick, and it works for her. For me, I look like I've come straight out of a casket.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2006 10:15:00 AM More reviews by pugmommy7

I agree with Pamm too. she described this shade perfectly.
I love this with x-pose,fresh brew, and other cool tones nudes. It is a great in between liner for me when I want lighter than plum but cooler than stripdown or spice. I love it with Spite lipglass as well.
Finding something like this outside of MAC would be hard to do.