November 28, 2014 | 913 users online

Mascara - Almay - Almay intense i-color brown topaz

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by MSFIT75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Why is it so difficult to find that one perfect mascara? I wanted to love this product since it is part of the whole easy-to-use-just-follow-these-steps makeup movement that I applaud for making it that much easier to look good but unfortunately, it didn't help my already overly sensitive eyes as it too turned them red & left them that way. No complaints on the packaging as it is standard & no complaints on the brush although the consistency of the product is a little creamier than most but no big deal. Just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by pertiegurlie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

For long + thick + brownness... this is great. It's a gem. Not even one fault...no smudging or flaking or anything like that. I would buy again, but in a different colour.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this stupidly thinking it was going to be blue-ish, despite the name. The wand's blue and it's supposed to intensify blue eyes so I was thinking blue. Nope, it's brown. That worried me at first because I have very dark hair/eyelashes. I typically buy brown/black however, as black is to dramatic against my pale skin, so it wasn't that scary to me. I've just never done a true brown.

I really, really like it! I have full eyelashes so I don't want to plump them to much and they're pretty long on their own. This just adds a bit more...something? It's very natural and pretty. Almost like the perfect nude lip, my lashes but better. It has the newer style plastic wand (not the old style poofy kind like in the picture up there), which I prefer as I feel it stops clumping, at least for me. I have the Almay Nourishing mascara and while I love it, I hate the wand so I might only buy this now.

I'm glad I found this. :D I expected to be meh towards it but I really like it! However, if you're looking for drama lashes, go elsewhere. That's not my thing, so this is perfect for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2009 3:00:00 AM More reviews by KHD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bought it for the colour. Was the only true brown mascara in the entire drugstore.

The wand holds a ton of product, which tends to be prone to clumping but it also delivers quite a nice length of lashes.

I used this for about two weeks but then it started irritating my eyes like mad. By the end of the day I would come home bloodshot.

Might be worthwhile if you're looking for a cheap brown mascara. But not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by gardengypsy

I really like this mascara, I buy it mostly for the color but I feel like the color brings out the gold tones in my hazel eyes. I wear it most days to work. I like thickening mascara but don't need the lengthening. This does enough for me. I don't know if they changed the formula lately but the last two bottles have been more thick than I remember so I need to separate with a lash comb sometimes, but I really like this color and the matching liner.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2009 2:04:00 AM More reviews by petiterocker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

boring, nothing special about this mascara. i thought it would give me more natural, fuller lashes, but i ended up throwing it out after 1 or so tries. not too keen on almay products, i must say.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Olivine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

How novel to find a mascara that is actually, truly a brown colour...
Mascara is one of the few makeup items that I almost always wear. However I find the black and even black/brown shades put out by so many companies are much too dark and obvious against my fair skin.
I like black for evening but for day and work it's a bit harsh.

The colour of this mascara is perfect. It's a true deep brown and if you look closely it even has tiny bits of bronze iridescence in it. The formula is nice, not too thick or goopy and not overy wet either.
It lengthens my lashes nicely and adds a good amount of thickness to them as well. Clumping is minimal and it didn't smudge or flake on me either.

As for this mascara enhancing the colour of brown eyes? Uh, not really. But then again I don't think mascara is really meant to serve that purpose. Making eyes 'pop' should be reserved to shadow and liner imo.

All in all this is a great, affordable, natural looking mascara. I would definitely buy it again and recommend it to those looking for a true brown mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by ScreamingNurse

I gave this stuff multiple tries over the past couple years; and every time I did, I regretted it. It stung my eyes, was hard to put on, and only showed up on my eyes in ugly clumps, even after taking my trusty eyelash tools to it. It looked cheap and badly-done, and got into my eyes more than a few times. Just awful stuff- through with wasting hard-earned money on it. Not recommended.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2008 10:07:00 AM More reviews by aebricker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found nothing special about this product, but it's not particularly bad either. I bought it b/c I was experimenting with mascara and it was supposed to bring out blue eyes, which it did well. It didn't lengthen, but then it is a volumizing mascara. It gave me some volume, but no dramatic results, and I like my dramatic blackest-black mascara. All in all, it does what it claims to do. After all it's supposed to be the least dramatic of the blue-eye enhancing mascaras. (The blue mascara is supposed to give more drama.) Is a good natural daytime look. BTW, I didn't find it particularly clumpy when applied carefully and with only 2 coats or so, u just won't find dramatic results.

If you're looking for a truly brown mascara (and not all this brown-black crap), this is for u. It's a good subtle change from your typical black mascara. I gave it only 3 lipsticks only due to personal preference.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 5:47:00 PM More reviews by poeticdancer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nice shade of brown. Makes my eyelashes and my brown eyes glow. Stays put for a long time.