April 18, 2014 | 1814 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - TruBlend Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by AmberKay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pros-the color matched my skintone very well and works great for blending bronzer/blush.

Cons-can look cakey or powdery on face REALLY easily. made me break out. :(

I wouldn't buy it again since it made me break out, but other than that its a decent product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by nativetrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is probably my hg powder. super light-weight on the skin, not too powdery, yet it hides the sheen of my t-zone and is great for setting my make-up. this is very silky on the skin. the only thing is next time i will probably buy the next darker color because i think these run a little light.

edit (10/02/12): i don't use this anymore because i now like to use talc-free mineral powders. but this was okay.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Bombshell222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Time and time again, I come back to this one way or another! You can use this without foundation, and like another reviewer said, get good coverage. I have very oily skin still in my 30's, and this does not break me out or turn me orange after my shine breaks through. Also, like the simple packaging and the fact it is easy on my wallet! I still like some other powders (Physician's Formula, Revlon) but they are more expensive and their packages are bulky and more cumbersome. This is a great standby!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by curlvaceouscutie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this over a long-last foundation. Just a btw.

Pros- simple, very soft powder yet isn't messy or all over the place. controls greasies.

Cons- you can easily overpowder in my opinion. don't even get me started on that puff it comes with. it will make you look so fake. I suggest a LIGHT fluffy brush otherwise you'll look cakey.

Once you know how to work with it, it's like PERFECT, HG and amazing.:) I love that it's transculescent but doesn't make you look ashy or anything.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

nice powder. pretty decent oil control.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2011 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Rizwankureshi

This is the best coverage I've seen with a powder foundation, but I still have to pile on the liquid foundation on top of this.
It's a decent product, but it creates a rim around your face, so once you apply this, and try to apply liquid foundation, the liquid foundation basically slides right off, or gets REALLY oily, which is one of the reasons why I stopped using this product.
With the mirror, when you apply this I can see it on my face (colors are VERY defying) and it really doesn't look non-comodegenic, The way it feels and looks, it looks as if you just dunked your head in a bowl of flour. Not a good foundation. Won't cover-up acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by teenyouthglow16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first pressed powder and I was great! I have combo oily skin. I bought translucent honey and as the package says, any color close enough to your skin will work for you. It's $9.50. There isn't anything wrong with the powder except one thing. If your using it as a finishing powder it's fine, but if your using it on your bare skin it isn't going to last long at all. By the end of the day when I was using my makeup removing wipes, all the makeup was gone. Not even a little bit of the powder showed up on the wipe. It was like I never put it on. Also, the powder puff that comes with it is really chintzy. It's very thin and there's no band in the back to hold on to; you have to just grab the edge. I'm not even sure if the puff picks up much product anymore now that it's well coated with powder from the past year.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Jolly_C

This is one of the more expensive powders at the drugstore. While the powder itself is not bad, the color selection is poor and not really good for people with olive skin, IMO.

PRO: I found it gave me good oil control and it doesn't have that much of an "old lady" smell.

CON: I found the colors to be way too red/ pink for my olive skin. I went on CG's website and, after answering their questions, the website suggested Medium 4. However, I read reviews on MUA about how the powder is actually lighter than it appears in the compact, and, going to the drugstore and seeing how Medium 4 looked way too pink, I took the safe route and purchased Medium 5. Unfortunately, Medium 5 is too red. After oxidization, it made me look like I had been sun burned or at least have major issues with skin redness.

PRO: Even though the color was off, it still looked natural. I guess looking sun burned is better than looking like you have on makeup with too much red undertones, right? If you have money to spare, you can purchase this powder and use it during Halloween to go as a Hollywood Tans victim. I tried to rescue it and use it as a bronzer, but it was too red for that purpose as well. It was too brown to be used as a blush.

CON: The powder is sensitive to movement. Be careful when using it because you can easily get a lot of powder on your brush/ sponge. It also won't swipe cleanly, so you will have powder bits still left in the compact to get into the nooks and crannies of the packaging. Store it in a secure place because the powder cracks/ becomes separated from the compact easily.

CON: The packaging is bad. I used the compact a few times, and itty bitty bits of powder escaped from the closed compact. When my powder cracked and then separated from its pan, I put the whole thing in a bag, and still I found bits and pieces of powder in the bag.

Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by SpicyCurry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

CG makes some really great powders, and I am loving this one. I like to look natural (I don't wear foundation), but I have oily skin and some larger pores around my nose I like to minimize, and this powder offers just the right amount of coverage, and seems to just meld with the skin, so it looks completely natural. It doesn't get cakey, and it gives a soft airbrushed effect. The shades do seem to go on lighter than they appear, I am using Translucent Honey, and I'm about an NC35 at the moment, and in winter I use Translucent Medium. I love the puff that comes with it, I think it's crucial to the powder's airbrushed appearance on the skin. Oh, doesn't break me out either, and I'm very easily breakout prone with cosmetics. The compact is too cute too :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 9:58:00 AM More reviews by sapphire928

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this almost 2 monthes ago, and I have used it every day (that I wear makeup) since. What I love about it is that it goes on so easily and gives your skin a matte finish that for me lasts all day. In this summer heat I like carrying it with me and reapplying it throughout the day when I sweat. I have it in the color translucent honey, so it really does blend so that it does not look like you are wearing makeup. The only potential negative I should note is that it does not give you much coverage, so you do need a good concealer to wear with it.