October 25, 2014 | 1820 users online

Pressed Powders - Estee Lauder - AeroMatte Ultralucent Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2009 1:38:00 AM More reviews by linhn92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this back in April for prom. It's super light but keeps me matte. I recently rediscovered it in my makeup drawer. You can reapply during the day and it never looks cakey. I originally thought the MA color matched me incorrectly but it's pretty translucent and it works well in the winter since I've lost my tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 2:16:00 AM More reviews by 21KATE21

THIS IS THE BEST FINISHING POWDER EVER!!!!
    No touch-ups required =) used it 4 0r 5 years ago when I was always out clubbing and LOVED it. Just recently bought it again and it is still AMAZING. I bought the 5-tone shimmer powder to wear over the top as a blush/illuminator and they work well together.
    I put the Double wear foundation on and then with a big brush just powder it over the top and it sets ALLL day!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2009 6:37:00 PM More reviews by amber2310

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in the Medium Cool shade, again another gift from my parents, it's actually too dark for me to use all over my face unless I'm an EXTREMELY light handed, I used it mainly as a bronzer to add some colour to my face instead of using my Tender Blush. It's not orange at all, and like all the Estee Lauder products I have it goes on smoothly and silky. And so long as you build up the layers gently and slap a load on at once you can achieve a warmer looking face. It's even good for the winter months just to give the skin a healthy glow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by annos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this in my quest to find my HG pressed powder after hearing good things about it. I prefer using loose powder when I do my makup but want a good mattifying pressed one for my combo skin to combat shine and touch up thoughout the day. What I'm looking for is basically I powder that looks like I have nothing one while it keeps my face shine-free and fabulous. This is pretty good at both - looks natural, combats shine, at least for a while. It's still one of the best powders I've found but probably not the one I'm (still) looking for. Now if only Estee Lauder would stop making compacts that look like something I stole from my grandmother (in a bad way) I'd be a happy girl.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by furby623

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this powder (light medium cool) for 3 years. I really like it. I like the airbrush effect. I apply it with my favorite EcoTool retractable powder brush. I keep one at home and one in my purse for touch up at work.

It matches my skin tone very well. I am looking for a good foundation to give a bit more coverage. I just got a 10-day sample of EL's double wear light - will write a review soon. The EL rep at Macy in Alderwood Mall WA is very knowledgeable and helpful. I like her.

I like it's new packaging - which it's more secure compare with the old flip open case.

By the way, they are going to have a "gift with purchase" promotion starting 9/8/09, the next one will be in March. Check it out.

Overall, I am very satisfy and will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1985

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favourite pressed powder so far. It has the two main qualities I expect from an HG powder: it is so fine and soft that never looks chalky or obvious, and controls shine very well. It gives me a matte, fresh and natural appearance :) I will buy again!
    I use 1W transparent, which I don't think is really translucent, but neither has much colour, just nice and clear. Highly recomended :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2009 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Livn2large

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This powder is hands-down the best pressed powder I have found for being finely milled, yet at the same time effective for alleviating shine and providing some oil-control. While I love and use Maybelline Dream Matte powder for everyday use, it's not as silky as the Aero Matte. Somehow, no matter the application, the AeroMatte never cakes or looks powdery even in the harshest light. I have applied it both with the sponge applicator that comes with the compact or with my powder brush. This powder does not oxidize during the day, so my foundation looks color true at all times.

Although another shade was recommended to me (Lauder SAs tend to recommend the cool shades for me), I chose and love the 1W Translucent in this powder for my NW20/NC20 skin. It's not all that "yellow," but rather neutral in tone. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2009 10:04:00 AM More reviews by barsoap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The EL consultant helpfully matched the shade Transparent for me, and this was extremely surprising - but Transparent turned out to be a tad dark on me (I was MAC NC15, but got a bit lighter now due to diligent use of sunscreen)! Aeromatte in Transparent has a light, beige toned colour and true to its name, gave a very matte finish. It was sheer, but still sufficient to cover the redness on my face. The result was a very pretty, refined look where my face was perfect and evenly toned, yet still looked very natural. Be sure to have a fresh and moisturized face before applying, because it does aggravate existing dry patches or flakes you have on your face. This is a solid 4 star product, but I took 1 lippie off because on bad days it does tend to give too matte a finish, to the extent that my skin appears dull and flat.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by pearlstuds

This is SUCH a good powder. I wasn't sure it would be worth the money, but it sure is. I picked up 1W Translucent for my FFF skin. Shows great under florescent lights as well as outside - can't even see it. Like other reviewers have mentioned, this is very finely milled, so it doesn't cake or go on splotchy. I apply twice a day for my combo skin - once in the AM and once before I leave from work. No more is needed. The applicator it comes with leaves a bit to be desired - it's thin and small and feels cheaper than what you would expect from an EL product. I recommend upgrading to a better quality puff, although it doesn't seem to cause any problems for the product itself. I should also mention that Aeromatte now comes in a round compact and the powder no longer has those ridges that you see in the picture. It looks like the Lucidity compact now. I had been using Covergirl powder (and touching up like four times a day!), but I won't be turning back after using EL Aeromatte. It's worth springing for, ladies!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

This is a very finely milled powder. It gives me a very silky smooth finish, and doesn't get blotchy during touchups. Coverage is good, and most importantly my T-Zone really stayed matte for at least 4hours. Definitely a higher quality than any oil-controlling drugstore brands I have used. Price is steep, but a little goes a long way. I don't particularly like the smell of this product.