November 23, 2014 | 856 users online

Concealers - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by allegoriest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

**Updating my review: with the help of the MUA boards, it turns out that I actually have yellow, not pink, undertones, which is the opposite of what MAC told me but it definitely seems to hold true. I think the grayish issue that this caused under my eyes was partially a result of this! I'm going to try the warm/fair version next time.

I have this concealer in C-1-2-3. I use the True Match powder in C-1, which is on the lighter range of the shades this concealer is designed for. When I apply this concealer it appears too dark on my skin, but if I let it sit for a minute or two before patting to blend it in it looks okay.

My under-eye circles vary in darkness from day to day (and it isn't always correlated with how well I've slept, either). On darker days, I need to use an under-eye orange concealer under the True Match or it looks washed-out and gray.

This covers blemishes fairly well, but it can wear off through the course of the day. It doesn't feel oily or oxidize, though, which is a plus.

Packaging: this is a liquid with a brush attached to the cap of the tube. It's easy to apply.

The price is pretty good, this is a drugstore product. I don't need to use very much of this at a time, so it lasts a while - it's a good value. I would buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by BelleWoods

I found this product to be, ultimately, pointless. The applicator is a brush which I found to be okay, and that's where the positives end. Firstly, I couldn't find a colour that matched me very well; I'm pale with a yellow hue, however I found the perfect match in the True Match foundation. It's a very blendable product, but that isn't a bonus because of how useless the product is. It offers little/no coverage. If you need more coverage than foundation, then there is absolutely no point in purchasing this product, as I found it offers nothing more in the way of coverage than a foundation. I also found it moved an awful lot on my face. Waste of money in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by KBennettxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer is pretty decent but it doesn't provide the coverage I wanted especially under my eyes. I have very dark circles and it barely covered it, but it does work well with spots. Overall it is an okay concealer.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by alishee

It's blendable, cheap and natural looking.
Too bad it's invisible.
This concealer is good in theory but has very bad coverage from my experience.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Edlovingirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I ABSOLUTELY love this concealer! Its true, it is super blend-able! It gives great coverage! BUT its overpriced! I wish they made the little containers bigger! They give you so little of then product! Other than that i absolutely love it! It even comes in my color its great i can never find my skin tone color in anything!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2014 9:51:00 AM More reviews by jshuipetitefille

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

At first, I was really impressed with this mascara. It really holds true to its name - true match - this is the first time I found the right color for an undereye concealer. When I apply it on my under eye area, it just looks so smooth. One thing is stopping me from buying this though - it creases like crazy. If you live in a really humid and hot environment, this won't last and it will intensify your undereye creases. I have tried setting with powder but it doesn't work. Maybe because it's too creamy? I don't know. I am not gonna purchase again because of this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by allthingsmakeupnbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

:::::UPDATE:::::For the summer I typically just use concealer and powder to even out my skintone because LA's summers will get your sweaty. I was using this all over my face for 2 weeks straight when I started noticing pimples forming everywhere I was applying this(all over my face). This doesn't happen when I use this just to spot conceal over foundation. So I've come to the conclusion that this only works at spot concealing over foundation but if I use it all over to even my skintone every day then I will break out after 1 week or so. The pimples weren't horrible and went away in 2-3days. Will still repurchase if I don't find anything better.

I recently purchased this in W 4-5 and N 1-2-3. This will be my 3rd tube of W4-5 that I've used. I seriously love it. For reference, up until recently, I'd been struggling with mild to moderate adult acne all over my face and occasionally on my neck. I consider myself to be oily and acne-prone. Combating this insecurity had been a constant pain resulting in many hours of online research and products tried to see if anything could help. Nothing worked. I finally came across reviews of facials oils/natural better quality beauty remedies and haven't looked back since. My skin is the clearest it's been in over 14years. I do get 1-2 tiny pimples every few days do to working in a high humidity enviroment(dog groomer) but they usually go away over night do to my nightime facial oil routine. I currently have slightly dark circles under my eyes and mild to medium discoloration on my cheeks temples and jawline from previous break outs all in which this concealor completely covers. W4-5 matches my skin perfectly. Im NC25-30. I'd consider the coverage to. be medium but buildable. Blends amazingly. When I'm not doing full coverage makeup, I like to apply this after my moisturizer and primer on any discoloration or pimple and blend it out with my Elf flawless concealor brush in the studio line. I then set with translucent powder and thats it. My skin looks even but still natural. Highlighting with concealor is a technique im trying out so I went out and picked up N123. I figured the peachy tone of it might do better at covering my moderate dark circles as well and it does! my face looks brighter. Didnt seem to settle into my fine lines too much. Again I want to mention that I'm extremely oily but this concealor stayed in place 4-5hours for me. A slight dusting of powder helps to keep the shine away while I'm wearing the concealor. Most importantly though, this doesn't break me out. That's my number one gripe with products. If it in anyway irritates my skin...Overall, definitely a makeup staple and will continue to repurchase for as long as they make them. One complaint; kind of pricey at the drugstores. around $7-8 at big box stores, $9-11 at drugstores.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by lizzieee007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this concealer! It's multi purpose, non irritating, lightweight, doesn't break me out and it's completely undectectable on the skin! It isn't drying or greasy, it feels and looks just like skin. It's also buildable, doesn't crease or get cakey and it wears all day. It's a thin texture and has a brush applicator.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by LarissaQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It didn't work for me.
I only can use it on dark spots because under the eye it creases a lot, it gets into my fine lines, making them bigger then they actually are, i'm 25 so i don't have wrinkles, but this formula makes my fine lines looks like it.
It doesn't last.
I won't buy this again...

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Nugen07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried this concealer twice now, and I don't like it that much. The consistency is okay, not too thick, but it doesn't seem to stay in place for me. I bought this specifically for undereye cirles, but I'd go for something less liquidy. If anything, I think this would be okay for blemishes on dry skin.