Chanel Rouge Double Intensité - all shades

4.3

on 11/10/2006 7:48:00 PM

I really like this longwear lip formula. It is not drying and lasts and lasts. And it doesn't irritate my lips as some of the other longwear formula lip colors do. I bought it in Rose Pearl, one of the shades released with Chanel's 2006 Holiday collection. And this color is gorgeous - a pinky coral shade with frost. And that is my only complaint about this particular shade; I wish it were more of a cream than a frost as the shimmer seems to accentuate any lines on my lips. However, if I apply it very sheerly, then it doesn't settle into lines as much and looks pretty close to perfect. The frost does make it a festive shade and it will look great for parties and nights out, but for everyday I have to tone it down. I'm going to check out other shades in this to find the creamy ones. This is a stellar product, but does come at a steep price. $30 at Nordstrom.

on 11/8/2006 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is one of the best long lasting lipstick/gloss combinations. I had a Chanel makeover and the artist put the base on with a brush (really works best this way to make it even) and then she waited a couple of minutes and used the gloss. It stayed on for hours and hours! The color options are great, too...lots of beautiful hot pinks, deep red and coral. UPDATE: You DON'T have to use the clear gloss that comes in the tube with this lip color. I use tons of other glosses (from different brands - sparkly to deeply pigmented) and get a million different looks. UPDATE 2: I have received several emails about this, so am adding this information. The "other" glosses that work are the kind that are similar in texture to the clear gloss that comes with the color - thin, shiny and in containers with a brush or sponge tip (Chanel Glossimers work great and Kevyn Aucoin, Dior, Armani and YSL all have these types). You can't use pot glosses, waxy tubes or chapstick types - those will cake, flake and/or take off the color. You need a top coat, not a lip balm for this option to work right.

on 8/10/2006 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

ohmygosh! i love this product! it is not drying to the lips and it really lasts. i am a pack a day smoker and this product can stand up to my butts all day long! i have 2 of the pinker shades and they are beautiful. i also love the way it smells - like candy! i hope they come out with more pink shades in the future. this is a must have product. i have one for my purse and one for my makeup bag. well worth the price. another quality product from chanel. love it love it love it!

on 10/24/2005 6:55:00 PM

I found this to be just ok. I bought it in Rose Quartz. The color is very nice, and the lipstick is fairly comfortable, however, it tends to come off the inner parts of my lips, leaving me looking as though I am only wearing lip liner. I also have a hard time applying it evenly with the applicator, and it dries so quickly that I have a hard time fixing any mistakes unless I am at home near some makeup remover. I do like the smell, and that the lipstick and gloss are in one tube. Overall, I would say this is just a bit better than drugstore long-wearing lipsticks and not worth the price. I prefer Lancome's Juicy Wear.

on 9/2/2005 8:02:00 PM

A terrific long lasting formulation and a homerun for chanel. the ease of the gloss with the staying power of a lipstick. a little goes a long way. one lippie off for lack of selection i am a mmm- ggg brunette with grey blue eyes and pigmented lips, everyhting turns blue, so sandstone is the only color that works for me. its a rich medium nude berry brown rose. a dab of sunset gold glossimer and its luscious. I hope they expand the color selection

note: saks now carries a new fall 05 color called mandarin coral, apeachy pink warm color that just lights up my face. hooray

on 8/9/2005 4:39:00 PM

This stuff is absolutely superb. I have VERY dry lips, and I can tolerate wearing this! I can't tolerate the dryness of any other long-lasting formula.
Color range is very limited, that is the only problem. But all you need is one, and Sandstone works for me.

The Chanel artist gave me tips on application, which are important. I think some people are overapplying. He told me I could paint it, not too thickly on my upper lip, then blot my lips together to transfer to the lower. Doesn't look as paintlike that way...Works perfectly for me. The gloss provided is actually nice too (and I hate gloss).

Love this, will re-purchase, wish there were more neutral and warm shade choices though.

on 7/20/2005 12:02:00 PM

Hands down the best lip product I've ever purchased. I am actually GIDDY about this! I have been looking for a good lipstick for my upcoming wedding, and all the colors I've liked haven't been long lasting enough, and I have always had horrible experiences with the Revlon/Covergirl long lasting lip products. I actually tried on the two lightest shades at the Chanel counter since I'm so fair, but I figured I'd want something a little more bold to show up in my wedding pics, so on a whim I selected Amethyst. I figured if it was too dark I could layer a light pink glossimer over it, but I actually love the color on its own and have been using the clear gloos that is part of the product. The color lasts all day, and while it can feel a bit uncomfortable when the gloss wears away, it never flakes or balls up. The color is perfect, it actually makes my eyes look bluer and my teet h look whiter if that's possible. I LOVE it and highly recommend it.

on 7/13/2005 8:48:00 AM

Bought this on the great reviews, I purchased Sandstone which appeared to be the most neutral shade in the small color selection, it is a nice brownish rose shade in the tube but goes on much darker, a little too intense of a color for me considering there's nothing subtle about this once it's on - think red carpet event. The first time I used it, I was happy with it, the color went on evenly, if dark, and the gloss made it very comfortable. Every single time I've tried to use it since it has gone on completely unevenly and balled up on parts of my lips. Horrible. It is practically impossible to remove, so I end up putting massive amounts of colored balm over it until I have some workable even texture, which negates any 'stay-on' quality, and then feel so self-conscious about the amount of color I just keep blotting until it finally fades. I can't seem to throw it away since it cost $30, but it's my least favorite lip color.

on 5/26/2005 11:13:00 AM

Wow. This stuff STAYS. Like its hard to remove, you really need an oil-based remover to get it off. So don't screw up. But seriously, its a fabulous product. Goes on really smoothly, you can spread it very nice for about 30 seconds. It says to let it dry for a minute before putting on the gloss that comes on the other end, but you can use any gloss you want. I got Rose Quartz, a rosy pink color on the bright side, but still natural looking. Doesn't dry out my lips, come off, or ball up. Definately an HG for a longwear product, just wish it came in more colors (I think 6 are available and at least 4 are scary), and it wasn't so expensive ($30 US).

on 3/11/2005 7:54:00 PM

LOVE this lipgloss! It's really more of a lipstick with a gloss on top, but that's fine with me.

It lasted all day, even through meals, snacks, and drinks. Best of all, it lasted through the thousands of kisses I planted on my little 11-month-old girl, which is the most important test of all to me. I haven't worn lipstick since she was born because I don't like getting it all over her, but now I can look a little more dressed up without making a mess or (even worse) avoiding baby kisses.

It's expensive ($30) but worth every penny.

Recommended for Medium Skin