October 24, 2014 | 934 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Rouge Double Intensité - all shades

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2005 6:55:00 PM More reviews by mckenk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this to be just ok. I bought it in Rose Quartz. The color is very nice, and the lipstick is fairly comfortable, however, it tends to come off the inner parts of my lips, leaving me looking as though I am only wearing lip liner. I also have a hard time applying it evenly with the applicator, and it dries so quickly that I have a hard time fixing any mistakes unless I am at home near some makeup remover. I do like the smell, and that the lipstick and gloss are in one tube. Overall, I would say this is just a bit better than drugstore long-wearing lipsticks and not worth the price. I prefer Lancome's Juicy Wear.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2005 8:02:00 PM More reviews by memechoses

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A terrific long lasting formulation and a homerun for chanel. the ease of the gloss with the staying power of a lipstick. a little goes a long way. one lippie off for lack of selection i am a mmm- ggg brunette with grey blue eyes and pigmented lips, everyhting turns blue, so sandstone is the only color that works for me. its a rich medium nude berry brown rose. a dab of sunset gold glossimer and its luscious. I hope they expand the color selection

note: saks now carries a new fall 05 color called mandarin coral, apeachy pink warm color that just lights up my face. hooray

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2005 4:39:00 PM More reviews by tashak

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is absolutely superb. I have VERY dry lips, and I can tolerate wearing this! I can't tolerate the dryness of any other long-lasting formula.
Color range is very limited, that is the only problem. But all you need is one, and Sandstone works for me.

The Chanel artist gave me tips on application, which are important. I think some people are overapplying. He told me I could paint it, not too thickly on my upper lip, then blot my lips together to transfer to the lower. Doesn't look as paintlike that way...Works perfectly for me. The gloss provided is actually nice too (and I hate gloss).

Love this, will re-purchase, wish there were more neutral and warm shade choices though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2005 12:02:00 PM More reviews by mcrevell

Hands down the best lip product I've ever purchased. I am actually GIDDY about this! I have been looking for a good lipstick for my upcoming wedding, and all the colors I've liked haven't been long lasting enough, and I have always had horrible experiences with the Revlon/Covergirl long lasting lip products. I actually tried on the two lightest shades at the Chanel counter since I'm so fair, but I figured I'd want something a little more bold to show up in my wedding pics, so on a whim I selected Amethyst. I figured if it was too dark I could layer a light pink glossimer over it, but I actually love the color on its own and have been using the clear gloos that is part of the product. The color lasts all day, and while it can feel a bit uncomfortable when the gloss wears away, it never flakes or balls up. The color is perfect, it actually makes my eyes look bluer and my teet h look whiter if that's possible. I LOVE it and highly recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2005 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Neely

Bought this on the great reviews, I purchased Sandstone which appeared to be the most neutral shade in the small color selection, it is a nice brownish rose shade in the tube but goes on much darker, a little too intense of a color for me considering there's nothing subtle about this once it's on - think red carpet event. The first time I used it, I was happy with it, the color went on evenly, if dark, and the gloss made it very comfortable. Every single time I've tried to use it since it has gone on completely unevenly and balled up on parts of my lips. Horrible. It is practically impossible to remove, so I end up putting massive amounts of colored balm over it until I have some workable even texture, which negates any 'stay-on' quality, and then feel so self-conscious about the amount of color I just keep blotting until it finally fades. I can't seem to throw it away since it cost $30, but it's my least favorite lip color.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2005 11:13:00 AM More reviews by loohoo44

Wow. This stuff STAYS. Like its hard to remove, you really need an oil-based remover to get it off. So don't screw up. But seriously, its a fabulous product. Goes on really smoothly, you can spread it very nice for about 30 seconds. It says to let it dry for a minute before putting on the gloss that comes on the other end, but you can use any gloss you want. I got Rose Quartz, a rosy pink color on the bright side, but still natural looking. Doesn't dry out my lips, come off, or ball up. Definately an HG for a longwear product, just wish it came in more colors (I think 6 are available and at least 4 are scary), and it wasn't so expensive ($30 US).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2005 7:54:00 PM More reviews by fhyeh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this lipgloss! It's really more of a lipstick with a gloss on top, but that's fine with me.

It lasted all day, even through meals, snacks, and drinks. Best of all, it lasted through the thousands of kisses I planted on my little 11-month-old girl, which is the most important test of all to me. I haven't worn lipstick since she was born because I don't like getting it all over her, but now I can look a little more dressed up without making a mess or (even worse) avoiding baby kisses.

It's expensive ($30) but worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2005 10:16:00 PM More reviews by saxgoddess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, this is the most money I've ever spent on a lipstick, so I would have been pretty pissed if it didn't work. This is THE BEST long lasting lipcolor there is. Yes, the price is high, but what you get is brilliant color that lasts and lasts and lasts, with no dryness or peeling like all the other long lasting brands I've tried. The color selection could be better, and I'm sure it will be, but the Rose Quartz looks beautiful on me, with very fair skin, blonde hair, and green eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2005 2:09:00 PM More reviews by chandarae

I have to agree with the other reviewers here. This is the absolute best long wearing formula I've ever tried. It comes with it's own gloss, but I prefer to change the color of the l/s by putting other glosses over it. I wore it everyday for 5 days in a row; it wasn't drying at all. Just to see if I wasn't biased because it's the most recent l/s I purchased, I tried my MAC Pro longwear again yesterday. It balled up and started flaking off w/ in 2 hours and felt horrible on my lips. I got irritated with that and rubbed the rest off so I wouldn't have to feel "rough" lips. I would go back and purchase more if it weren't for the $30 price tag ( i might give in, though). Like I said before, you can change the shade by layering a diff. colored gloss over it. I have Rose Quartz - a med pink with touches of coral. Looks like it has a little pearl in the tube, but that's not detectable on your lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2005 9:14:00 AM More reviews by tiara98

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the BEST longwear lipstick ever launched! It stays put forever (like up to 12-15 hours, even after eating greasy foods!) and unlike others (MAC, Lancome, CG, etc), it doesn't overdry your lips or flake/peel/roll off. I wish that the shade selection was better, but I've been able to pull off 3 of the six shades (Amythest, Ruby Lite, and Sandstone). Amazing!