Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner

4.3

BOBBI BROWN LONG-WEAR GEL EYELINER INGREDIENTS (2010): isododecane - cyclopentasiloxane - polyethylene - trimethylsiloxysilicate - disteardimonium hectorite - propylene carbonate - lecithin - phenyl trimethicone - hydrogenated polyisobutene - methicone - barium sulfate - bht - phenoxyethanol [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) - mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - carmine (ci 75470) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)]

on 3/11/2015 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have bought this twice and both times I love it in the beginning but then it gets all dried out and doesn't work anymore, so I would give it 5 lippies at the beginning but if you don't use it up in a couple months I would lower it to a zero...

on 2/16/2015 5:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have this in the Expresso Ink shade which is dark brown. I got this eyeliner because I'd heard great things. I'm awful at putting on eyeliner but this is pretty easy as it's creamy and goes on easy. It really does last all day! I will buy it again and maybe in more shades once I run out, even though it's quite expensive.

on 2/11/2015 4:03:00 PM

I agree with all the enthusiastic comments on Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner. I have used it for many years, and have tried several colors. It stays all day long, is easy to apply and the colors are wonderful. Just make sure that the eyeliner brush (I use the dedicated brush from BB) is clean. Otherwise the line will get thick and blotchy even if this is not intended. I have just one point of critic: why does the quality of the gel differ so much? I always have several colors at a time, which I discard after ten months or so to prevent contamination. And I keep the jars tightly closed. Yet, some gels are quite creamy, whereas others are so waxy that you have trouble to get them on the brush.

on 2/9/2015 3:51:00 AM

I have been using the bobbi brown gel liner since more than 18 months now. I bought the 'black ink' shade which is jet black and works marvellously. It is very creamy, easy to apply [I use an angled liner brush], water resistant, and it stays all day. This eyeliner never migrates or globs up in the corners like some eyeliners do

P.S : All I can say is I am ruined for other gel liners.
Xx

on 2/8/2015 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this product. It lasts very well and is easy to remove. I've found its better to use it with a creme eye shadow as it helps smooth and even lines. Also you need to work quickly with this product as it dries fast! However once you get the knack, it's a fabulous product!

on 1/11/2015 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This was given to me as a gift and my first try with gel eyeliners. Truly amazing. Creamy consistency with good pigmentation. Nice sharp cat flicks. Considering other colours now.

on 12/31/2014 10:15:00 AM

My go to eyeliner. Lasts all day. I had my last pot for 12 months, used it pretty much daily and didn't dry out - just take a bit out with you eyeliner brush and use your hand as your palette. I have dark eyes and usually go for black ink. If you prefer a less intense look then the dark brown shades are nice

on 12/25/2014 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

git this awhile ago and been using this long enough to write a review. Got this in Black Ink, bought it in Malaysia for RM 88 (Rp 335.000). I have used MAC Blactrack, Kanebo Kate Gel Eyeliner, and Tony Moly Gel Eyeliner before. The texture to me isn't as creamy as MAC, the color isn't as dark as I wanted it to be. it doesn't glide smoothly, I actually use dabbing motion to put this on, especially if I try to put a second layer on since it will rub off the first one if you don't. It dries up on quicker than MAC or Tony Moly though, so you don't have to wait too long. Less creasing compared to MAC and Tony Moly, but still, to me it's not worth the money. I don't understand how it got its award. I find it bleed to my lower lashline. Will never buy it again. In fact, if I could, I would sell this one I already have to buy a better product.

on 12/19/2014 10:59:00 AM

If you're here trying to decide between BB gel liner and MAC fluidline, go with BB! I've been an avid lover of MAC fluidline for years... until I tried BB.

The thing about fluidline is that no matter how I store the stuff (upside-down, right-side up, lid tight as I can get it, etc.) it dries out. It's not so dry that it's unusable, but it's dry enough that it flakes off into your eyes and under your eyes all day long. Not too happy with that.

Also, with a lot of fludline's colored versions, the pigmentation is awful and takes 2-3 coats to get some payoff.

Bobbi Brown gel liner knocks it out of the park. It's a lot creamier than fluidline, while also being much more pigmented and easier to apply. Lasts just as long as fluidline (i.e. all day) and is perfect for tight-lining as well.

The color selection is pretty good. I would love to see them bring back some of those super bright colors, as right now it seems like the blue/purple/greens are a dark tone. Some bright teal or purples would be amazing.

Either way, I've made the switch to BB now. It's worth the extra money for sure.

This gel liner looks beautiful on me with a good eyeliner brush. However, it dries up after you once open the jar. For me, only half of the gel liner was used, and it dries up. It is kind of waste of the product.