November 28, 2014 | 1929 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Gel Eyeliner

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by abmnik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Disappointing. It says long wearing and people boast that it is but on my eyelids this stuff creases within a few hours and the wing disappears as well. I love gel liner because I have curly lashes so liquid liner gets all over them when I apply it. Unfortunately though I have yet to find one that lasts well. This was an incredible waste of $24(!!), it was worse than mayeblline's gel liner. Time to try Inglot.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by miapiaL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Terrible eyeliner. So annoyed that I wasted money on these!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 5:51:00 AM More reviews by MademoiselleVii

I have used MANY eyeliners before from crayon pencils to liquid eyeliners to gel. Bobbi Brown is by far the best gel eyeliner I have used and I have been loyal to this product for the past 4 years. It is easy to apply and last for around 10-12 hours without smudging. Even when I use it in a hot and humid country such as Singapore, it lasted! A jar of it lasts me around 8 months and I use it everyday.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by vanessa2009

I do not like this, but maybe I just don't like gel liners, or maybe I don't know how to make them work. I do not feel that this creates a smooth look at all, it looks like I did my liner with a crayon. I much prefer Stila's Stay All Day Liquid Liner - that one is truly the bomb! I bought this one because the MUA said it was waterproof. Spoiler: It isn't. Go with Stila. Also, if you go for Stila, I recommend getting the dark brown instead of black. It basically looks black when applied anyway, but less harsh.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Mozart68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THE BEST
Every other eyeliner I have ever tried (a lot) do not hold a candle to this product. It's easy to apply with a thin slanted brush, and it stays all day. It does not move -- no transfer to the crease. HG status for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by x3maggie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin but my skin gets extra oily when I am at work and sit in front of a computer for 95% of the day. Towards the mid to the end of the day, i find the gel liner doesn't stay put and smudges around my eyes making me look like a panda, a line also forms on my eyelids from the oil. However, on non work days i find the eyeliner works much better and actually stays on for most of the day. Therefore, i think this product is not really suitable for people with oily skin. I like how it gives a nice, thick, distinct black look when applied, works very well for drawing cat eyes and a little gel goes a long way. Despite not having the best experience with this product at work, i purchased another tub recently as it still works amazing other times and the old tub was running out and getting drier. I might try MAC after this one runs out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by blahblahh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Mine is fairly new so it's a review for the new formula. Because I've never used the old one, no comparison here.

In a nutshell, this is a disappointment. It doesn't last even with primer underneath. Since it's quite pricey, I force myself to finish it, but of course I can't bear to be spotted on the outside with patchy eyeliner, so I top it off with an extra liquid liner to seal off. Hence the process is like a regime on its own: primer, BB gel liner, liquid liner.

If you have dry/normal/combo skin, then this *might* last longer.

Going back to MAC gel liner after this. Tips: always keep them upside down. This will let the moisturizing properties of the gel liner to spread to the surface, hence slowing down the drying process of the pot. If you already have this and it's getting as dry as Sahara, try this trick. If it isn't helping, put a drop of Visine or whatever brand of eye drops you have then stir.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by jadaite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I Love this eyeliner but I'm not too enthusiastic about the price! This stuff works and stays all day!!! So (sigh!) I think that it is worth the price, I have had this eyeliner for about 6 months now and it is still going strong. It has long staying power for me and best of all the color stays true all day :) BTW I do not have oily lids so I can't really comment if you have oily skin, but I think combination and dry dry skin should do well with this eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by missiwi1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried many gel liners,but this one i constantly return to.It's a beautiful intense black and has,for me personally, the best consistancy,creamy yet thick,which i prefer.Lasts all day,doesn't irritate my eyes and it's real easy to remove with makeup remover.It is my number one make up product

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by yossarian

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a love hate relationship with this product. I've purchased it a number of times (currently have Mahogany Ink 21.) When new, the product gives a beautiful result. However as time passes, the textures always thickens and/or dries up on me and the result never looks quite as good. I honestly don't think I will repurchase this one at retail. I never seem to use up the product before the formula degrades. It comes in a lovely glass pot that is not a good choice for travel given the weight. There are so many other eyelining products on the market today that are a better value and are less of a hassle to deal with. I've been told storing the pot upside down helps but for me the product just isn't worth all the effort given the relatively high price and the many alternatives on the maarket. BTW I've heard Bobbi say this liner was inspired by her habit of using mascara with a liner brush in a pinch. More often than not I leave this product at home and throw the brush in my mu kit along with my mascara. Works well in a pinch for a similar result.