October 24, 2014 | 1758 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Color Correcting in Smashing Color Blend

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Elizabeth82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had a sample of this in green. At first I loved it; it really neutralized my redness and feels terrific on the skin. Unfortunately, this has too much slip for me and my foundation would slip with it, no matter how long I let the primer set first. So, for this reason only, I would not buy it, but, if you have drier skin and this doesn't "slip" on you, and you have redness to neutralize, I would def recommend this over any other corrective primer I've yet tried.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by OliveButtercup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this primer. It glides on so effortlessly and makes my pores look smaller and my skin is super smooth and flawless. My makeup looks perfect over it. Will re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by tlatrice

I LOVE THIS PRIMER!!! I use this daily under my MAC Minieralize Skinfinish Natural Powder and it makes my skin looks flawless. I've been asked so many times what kind of foundation am I wearing. But I don't need foundation when I wear this. It's great! I tried to use the Bronzing Primer, but on my NC50 skin it makes me look orange. I'm going back to the Blend formula. Amazing product! I highly recommend it and will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Ismellyummy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This gave me huge nasty whiteheads. I do not recommend. I do not get breakouts on my cheeks this caused those huge infected whiteheads on my cheeks. Horrible product

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by WarmSocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm glad I only bought the travel size, because it sucks.

I bought the green primer for my super rosey cheeks and it didn't make a difference at all. My makeup didn't last any longer and when I put it on it was too slick and felt gross on my skin. If I put too much on to compensate for the lack of color, it would bead off when it was time to apply foundation. It's really weird. It wouldn't blend into my skin, instead it gives a greenish hue.
I also tried their light primer, not slick but it still does nothing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by flybaby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in the green. Horrible. It does not even come close to Boot's No 7 "Colour Calming" Make-up Base as far as color correction goes. It feels like green slime on my face when applying. Really. It does nothing to make my foundation last longer, nor does it control oil on my t-zone. I'm so glad I only bought the trial size tube! The only positive thing I can say is that it makes foundation glide on, but this is not an issue with me anyway. There are far better primers out there!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by misanders

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know what it is with smashbox primers, but my face hates them. I tried using during the summer hoping to make my face matte, hide those pores, and keep my makeup on. It was useless. On application my makeup looked fine, but within a few hours my foundation was separating and I looked like an oil slick. Tried again in winter while my face was dry and I had the same results. Tried with powder instead of a liquid foundation and again oily with a splotchy base. Hate this. My foundations are much better without this. Would not buy again.

So I tried this once again and it's finally working for me. I do not use a moisturizer under this. Just wash my face and let it dry and put this on. I can only use half a pump for my whole face. Wait a few minutes. Then with Estee Lauder Double Wear Light I use a dry sponge with downward stokes. This does not work on my Chanel foundation and it doesn't work with foundation brushes on my skin. But doing it this way is leaving me with a flawless face that I don't have to touch up or powder. Hope this helps someone that got stuck with this primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by kldylibra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In terms of how this product made my make-up look, it did a very good job. My make-up application was flawless and my face appeared just as good. However, whenever I use this product my skin endures a ridiculous break-out of little white "pimples". At first I thought it was my cleansing/skin care products, but after ceasing any use of the Primer my skin returned to normal after a few days. Now whenever I apply my make-up sans the primer, I do not experience any breakouts. I'm disappointed because I really liked the way this product made my skin look for a day, but the breakout side-effects just doesn't make it worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2010 2:22:00 PM More reviews by theserpentsapple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used this product for a couple of years now and I do really like everything about it except the price. At $38 in my area, it's kind of steep. You can buy the travel size for $17 but you end up using too much. The metered pump of the full-size product is really helpful for that.

I use this product in the green to neutralize redness. It does so, but it softens the redness vs covering it completely. When you put it on, you really can't tell much of a difference until you get foundation and/or concealer on top of it. I can tell a difference when I don't wear it.

This product helps my foundation apply smoother and last longer. It also has some fancy ingredient in it to keep your skin firm and I read on inmykit.com that it has an SPF in it. I alternate this with MUFE's HD Primer in green and I like both equally.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by kathrynb23

I am completely in love with this product!!!
Its hold my foundation together suprisingly for a very long time so. It applied on very smoothly. At first when I first used it, I thought it to be felt a bit dry, and I didnt think it would work that great.
The only con i would say for this product is the awful smell. It sort of smells of very strong caramel.
Would I purchase this product again? Absolutely!