April 25, 2014 | 1015 users online

Treatments - Biosilk - Silk Therapy

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Ebyanne

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am not the typical user of Silk Therapy. I have short, fine, thin hair. But a tiny dab tames the flyaways and gives me healthy shiny hair. You can read the article I wrote about it at http://www.anniesnuggets.com/2010/11/glossy-hair-is-golden.html#more

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by SmithbyCasey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This makes my hair so soft need i say more!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by sexymama83

I first learned about the stuff about 12 years ago and I love it not just because of the results but because for me it last forever! a little goes a looooong way for me I'm on my 4th bottle I believe, yes it is a bit pricey but well worth it considering how long it last all I use is about a dime size amount before I straighten my hair and I get little to no heat damage (and with waist length hair that is very important) because the product "burns" off leaving my hair soft and smooth it also works well in damp hair before blow drying

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by alypagz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I pulled this out of my closet and started using it again on! I use about a quarter size on damp hair prior to Aveda Flax gel and my hair feels great, not to greasy and no the frizzy ends are tamed. I keep switching my product combos to see what works best for me. My hair acts differently depending on the weather. I will continue to use this combo for a while and see if I still get the soft shiny results and sealed split ends. So far so good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a miracle in a bottle for my hair. My hair is thick, wavy and slightly coarse and Biosilk works wonders for it. I use a coin-sized amount after straightening, concentrating on the ends which are pretty damaged from all the heat styling. I take care not to get any on my scalp, as it is sensitive and prone to flaking. The result is smooth, silky and shiny hair that is totally touchable! It is pretty pricey, but well worth it. I buy the large bottles from Costco and they last me a while. You can also find it cheaper at Ross, Marshall's and TJ MAXX or online. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I held off on buying Biosilk for a long time for two reasons - most serums do nothing for my hair and the price of this stuff is stupid high. I've seen this at Wal-Mart (always housed in a huge plastic lockbox as if its made of spun gold), Costco, Target and Trade Secret but just couldn't part with $25 for a wee bottle. After finally looking around, I found a 15 oz bottle for $15.99 at TJ Maxx. Yes, $16 is still rather pricey but it was the absolute best price I've seen for such a large amount of product ever so I snapped it up.

I've had this for about a month now and I'm rather pleased with it. I have a large amount of fine, longish, super curly, frizzy hair that I regularly straighten. I've also gotten kertain treatments in the past (which I love but now am too broke to get) so my hair isn't in terrible condition but since it's long and I'm not diligent about getting regular trims, I have some noticeable split ends and, naturally, frizz all the time. Instead of slathering two handfuls of this serum on like I would have done in the past (my old motto was "More is better!!"), I use this sparingly. By sparingly, I do mean sparingly. All you need is about a dime size if you have long, thick hair. I have lots and lots of hair (hence my old motto) that is about midback length and it soaks up almost all liquid it comes into contact with and I still use a very, very small amount of this product because, honestly, a little dab will do ya. I have yet to try it out but I'm sure if too much is used, you'll end up with greasy, limp tresses.

As I wear my hair straight, I really want a product that will make it look nice and healthy which I feel Biosilk does. It certainly doesn't mend my split ends (nothing but scissors do that) but my hair is shiny, soft and manageable. I can't throw my Chi in the trash or anything but this does help in the days between washings and straightenings. The only quibble about this is the smell. Most people have mentioned that they love it but I don't care for it. I prefer more of a musk, verging on cologne like smell for my hair products (I love the way Redken's products smell) so this floral like scent really doesn't do it for me. I found that if I use Biosilk before bed, the smell is gone by morning and I'm left with the wonderful results.

I would recommend Biosilk to others because I do think it works well if you use it sparingly. As always, I would advise anyone to shop around and buy this for the cheapest price you can find. I know that was a tough point for me to contend with and I'm glad I waited and got the biggest bottle for the cheapest I could find.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by realitiane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading all the reviews I was eager to try this product. Especially since I've started bleaching my hair and it is dryer and feels more wiry than it used to be. However, I'm sorry to say that this is one of those products that is going to stay in my bathroom cabinet, and never going to get empty.

I'm not that impressed because I have been using Lee Stafford's "Arganoil from Morocco" before this and I was content with the results, it made my hair feel soft and I loved the smell. But the reviews of that one weren't as good as the ones from this product "Silk Therapy", so, I thought that there were better products on the market (and maybe not as expensive).

I found that Biosilk Silk Therapy does make a little difference, but I am not impressed with the results. My hair does not really feel that much different from before I used the product, I don't think my hair got softer or shinier. It did help against the frizziness, though. The smell isn't really to my taste, to me it smells like a sweet perfumed glue (kind of like cacharel's anais anais meets UHU glue)

I am going to try another argan oil brand, since those at least do not contain alcohol.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by kellybaybee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this stuff for years!! it makes my hair silky and smooth very well considering I have Colorado hair. It's pricey yes but I give it a good 4 because I don't like the cap.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by meghandolores

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I love this serum! It makes my hair so silky-smooth. And the smell! A big smile forms on my face whenever I get a whiff of it mid-day, because I'm reminded that my hair looks and smells great. The only downside to it is that I have thick hair, so a "dime size" amount just doesn't cut it for me, and if I use too much, the silky-smoothness turns to dirty-greasiness. I'm like Goldilocks - I need to find a specific amount of Biosilk Silk Therapy that's just right for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Highdee25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, I used to SWEAR by this product! And I probably still would if I had not found what I use now (Agadir Argan oil spray treatment...best thing everrrrr) this serum is pretty amazing, however. I was using it for about 6+ years. It helps with frizziness, leaves hair soft and silky, helps brush through tangled hair, and it's just an overall good product. The only downside to this serum is that it does tend to be on the "thicker side" so you are more prone to being left with "oily" looking hair if you do not style the product out enough. I did find myself having to go over my hair more often with the straightening iron to get rid of the oily feeling in my hair (seriously, a lil bit of product goes a looong way).