MAC Lustre in High Tea

4.2

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is my holy grail high-end makeup lipstick! The MUA tried this on me with Enchantress lipgloss over top and it is my go-to nude lip. It compliments my tan skin tone and doesn't wash me out primarily because of its sheerness. I recommend this lipstick to the fullest!

on 1/31/2012 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Love this lipstick! I am a big fan of Mac's lustre lipsticks as it almost feels like a lipgloss on my lips. This was recommended by one of the MA and she said it would be the perfect nude over cork lip liner. I tried it and fell in love. Definitely recommend this for WOC as a perfect nude and love the slight shimmer it has to it. Would definitely repurchase.

on 1/9/2012 6:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is another must have for me! I love wearing it with a brown lipliner! The color goes on smooth and it lasts a good amount of hours!

on 12/14/2011 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is a color I would highly recommend trying on before you buy it. The MAC website calls this color a "Beiged pink with pearl", however on me I felt this was very peach which I am not a fan of at all. It took me a long time to figure out why I didn't like this lipstick, so I actually used a lot of it and then when I realized the peachiness (on me) was what I didn't like I just Back to MACed it. Seems like a lot of people love this color, so just try it out first so you aren't bummed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I feel almost guilty posting a negative review about this lipstick, clearly a Holy Grail lipstick for many, judging from the reviews below - but on my NC 44 skin, it looks ghastly. I look pale and sickly and like I've borrowed lipstick meant for a much lighter-skinned woman. So to be able to use it at all, I have to cover my lips with MAC's Burgundy lipliner first, a dark shade with a lot of personality of its own - which kind of defeats the purpose of using a nude like High Tea.

MAC's packaging has also been disappointing of late. I've had too many of my lipsticks break inside their packages without any obvious external damage (eg dropping them on the floor or knocking them about in my bag).

I no longer consider MAC lipsticks worth the ridiculous price. If you must buy MAC, for darker skins, I'd recommend Touch, a shade which may look brown on light-skinned women but is nearly-nude on darker ones. Otherwise, I'd recommend moving to a brand like Chambor or Maybelline. A much wider range of colours, good quality and packaging, and value for money.

on 10/27/2011 9:03:00 PM

This is my favourite nude lipstick. it goes on relatively sheer which i love and it's so flattering. Has the perfect amount of shimmer without being OTT. LOVE IT!

on 8/1/2011 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

High Tea is one of the best neutrals for all skin types. The only problem I have with it is that if lips are dry, this color does like to accentuate the lines in your lips. This is my go to lip color when I have a dark, smokey eye. or want a wash of color with my day makeup.

on 8/1/2011 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

For reference I'm an NC45.
At first, I didn't like this lippie, because it didn't really show up on my lips. Not willing to admit defeat, I put on a few coats because it's a lustre finish, with some cork lipliner, and voila - a miracle was born. I now love this color, because it really brings luminousity to my face. I would definitely recommend.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

This is a great nude for when you want to add shimmer without adding color to your natural lip color. Adds some dimension without too much fuss. I go back and forth about how necessary it really is for my collection, but eh, it's ok.

on 7/4/2011 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

HG lipstick this is my fav color i just hate the fact that its lusture and that its sometimes drying but my auquaphor fixs that :) all in all i love this lip stick ive gone through probably 10 in my life so far

Popular Lipsticks